• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
To Akuma those that scale to him are Oro, Gill, Gouken, Kage, Bison with black moon and Oni vastly above him

To Ryu i know Ken sure does, Cody i wouldnt honestly scale him to Ryu neither the rest mentioned

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that Gill should just be 7-B since that's Akuma's tier.

Also, iirc Hugo tanked Ryu's Shin Shoryu in SF3, which should be enough to scale him to Ryu, and by extension, the other FF characters.

Come to think of it, Gill dosn't even really have feats that put him above characters on Ryu's level. He lost to Alex canonically in SFIII and was one shot by Akuma. Gill just kinda seems overhyped, TBH.

The Smashor said:
Come to think of it, Gill dosn't even really have feats that put him above characters on Ryu's level. He lost to Alex canonically in SFIII and was one shot by Akuma. Gill just kinda seems overhyped, TBH.
Gill is overhyped storywise because he IS powerful in game mechanics as a boss character.

@Black

There's nothing to suggest he's above Bison, not to mention Akuma aside from being a stronger boss in-game. The burden of proof is on you.

Nash is comparable to a weakened Bison in SFV and a Ryu level Bison in Alpha. While Gill definitely above Urien, I wouldn't consider him overwhelmingly so, espesially since in the one fight between them that Gill won, Gill credited a prophecy as opposed to his own power. Not to mention, he still canonically lost to Alex

As well, he lost to Bison in an ending in Capcom Fighting Evolution. While the game is a non-canon crossover, an official Capcom game having Bison beat Gill in a cutscene, despite Gill having absolutely nothing to do with CFE, should at least say something about how Capcom themselves see Bison and Gill.

His loss to Alex is plot, not to mention Gill doesnt take fights seriously stated in his profile too

Yeah no, Capcom also made Chun li pretty much beat Morrigan in the comics or made Rugal and Ogre be compared to Akuma in power in crossovers and if you wanna use non canon stuff to support your wrong argument let me grab the moments Gill was owning Evil Ryu and Oni at the same time and reverted them to their normal forms

And he is vastly above Urien, even in SF5 we see he did it casually on him, they are noth in the same league

Bison is above him only with black moon

This simply an assumption we make. "Stated in his profile" dosn't seem to be reliable for this character, if you are reffering to our profile. If you want to use our profile, said profile says that Gill could have very much been killed by Alex.

I'm not using CFE as solid proof. I'm saying that an officially released Capcom game had Bison defeat Gill completely unprompted. Gill does not appear in this game aside from Bison's ending. This seems very blatantly trying to tell us something.

"Vastly" seems a bit high. He is definately a step above Urien, but it's entirely possible this could be skill, not power.

Not necessarily. And Gill absolutely dosn't scale to Akuma.

The Smashor said:
Nash is comparable to a weakened Bison in SFV and a Ryu level Bison in Alpha. While Gill definitely above Urien, I wouldn't consider him overwhelmingly so, espesially since in the one fight between them that Gill won, Gill credited a prophecy as opposed to his own power. Not to mention, he still canonically lost to Alex
As well, he lost to Bison in an ending in Capcom Fighting Evolution. While the game is a non-canon crossover, an official Capcom game having Bison beat Gill in a cutscene, despite Gill having absolutely nothing to do with CFE, should at least say something about how Capcom themselves see Bison and Gill.
A victory being prophesied doesn't invalidate the victory, if anything it further cements their difference in power.

So you just ignore what i said and still use the CFE to support your head canon, there us no proof of Bison being above Gill at all and canon scaling proves that Gill>Bison

You are saying that basically dont try to twist it

Also Gill has quotes to Oro which pretty much indicate Gill is powerful, Oro also has too, where he says this : "You might be what I've been looking for... Let me look at you some more... Hmmm..."

Do you understand how much the scaling is messed up if we use win quotes and things of that nature? Chun Li has several rival quotes against Bison despite being two tiers below him, and also a rival quote against Urien. If we use win quotes, Chun Li has fought against Akuma. And that's just the inconsistancies with one character.

We dont take all quotes as legit and you should comprehend in your mind how we deal with these sort of things, same as the endings of the characters

You got no proof besides denial buddy which shows up, Gill also says in SF3 to Urien how there is a difference between them in power too if i remember, supporting even more Gill is way above Urien and further proving Gill>Bison which you tried to claim by a non canon source it means something, especially in a crossover game

If there's no evidence for Gill = Akuma other than one single quote, then I think we shouldn't consider that quote. Gill was one shot by the Raging Demon. That dosn't seem like something that makes two people equal. There's one thing that says Akuma > Gill, and there's one thing from an unreliable source that says their equal.

I'll give you that. Gill > Bison most likely.

Yeah catching Gill off guard what great proof lol, also a FANG uses a quote too thats in his profile, its not unreliable

Also there is proof from both Gill and Oro to support beimg comparable to Akuma and for your info, comparable doesnt automatically mean =, as a character in fiction can still be stronger then another but they compare in stats, even to keep up in speed and blows for example

The raging demon isn't exactly a "Catch you off guard" sort of move. Gill was ready to fight, and his durability wouldn't be any lower than normal.

The raging demon is soul hax also it is a caught off guard situation, Akuma comes and attacks him, replacing Gill as the boss you have to fight

The raging demon, as shown in SFV, does have physical attacks. And this isn't Dragon Ball. People don't have lower durability just because they didn't expect the attack. It's not like you can block the raging demon anyways.

SFV doesnt negate anything and it was clear way before it he punches you, yet we werent shown till then

Also stop with durability thing, cuz that has literally no relevance here and never said you can blokc it, yet you can avoid it if given the chance or try something to get around it

So you're admitting the damage the Raging Demon does is the same wether you're prepared or not and the only way to react to it is to dodge it?

Have you reached some sort of agreement regarding what we should do yet? The content revisions will be on a long break after April 14, so you have to hurry up a lot if you want anything done here.

Also, are there any half-finished revisions (some characters that have been edited, but not others) that we have to deal with before that?

Dont i think it regarded any major things besides fodder tiers as far as i remember, but i have other things to handle too so i cant do each thing alone, those who were part of this should help as well

Yes. Help from everybody involved would be very appreciated.

BlackDarkness679 said:
You are saying that basically dont try to twist it

Also Gill has quotes to Oro which pretty much indicate Gill is powerful, Oro also has too, where he says this : "You might be what I've been looking for... Let me look at you some more... Hmmm..."
He also has a quote stating that Gill might be comparable to that boy in the headband (Ryu), so I don't think Oro is a good example to use

Anttron224 said:
He also has a quote stating that Gill might be comparable to that boy in the headband (Ryu), so I don't think Oro is a good example to use
That is before they even fight, in the one i posted he says what he says after the battle

No he doesnt at all, thats literally all he says

"You show potential in your fist... Were you holding something back?"

"You resemble me in my younger days! I must train you if you are to realize your potential."

And also in the ending with Ryu lifting a boulder he says he has a long way till he ever reaches anywhere near his

Not the same thing

Back