• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strawhat Tiers discussion

I have been looking into the tiers and reasoning for strawhat member tiers, and a lot of them are somewhat contradicting.

For example: Brook is listed a Building level with City Block durability despite being able to take hits from a Casual Ryuma, and a direct blow from Oars (who scales stronger than CP9 Base Luffy at that point).

First off, I want to discuss Tony Tony Chopper:

Chopper scales directly to Kumadori, who is a member of CP9, since he was capable of injuring him greatly with his Arm Point. Monster Chopper would scale even higher since Kumadori and Kalifa could not even hurt him (and a character like Sentomaru was having some trouble fighting him). Chopper could also harm and withstand hits from Oars.

Because of this, it would be reasonable for Chopper to scale to: At least 8-B normally, 8-A with Rumble Ball enhancements, Low 7-C with Monster Point | At least 8-A, Low 7-C with monster point post time-skip

Regarding Brook:

Due to feats against Oars and being capable of one-shotting Fishman Pirate officers (which are the same tier as ones who gave Chopper and Usopp a challenge), and being able to hold off one of Jack's Gifters (Sheepshead), it would be reasonable to scale Brook as being: 8-A | At least 8-A post time-skip

Regarding Nico Robi (probably the most confusing one due to how she fights):

During her time as Crocodile's partner, she was arguably stronger than the likes of Mr. 1 and Mr.2, who both gave Alabasta Zoro and Sanji the fight of their lives. She even treated the Strawhats as fodder pre time-skip with her power for some time. During Skypeia, she took numerous blows from Yama, who demolished most of the ruins they were briefly fighting in before easily defeating him.

Later, during Thriller Bark, she managed to restrict Oars' left arm movement with one of her abilities.

Because of this, while she should be capable of ignoring durability to an extent due to the manner in which she attacks, she should also scale to: At least 8-A pre time-skip

Post time-skip, her best feat was deflecting a sword-attack from Diamante, which was something even Kyros had difficulties accomplishing in some cases. She could also overpower Sugar's nutcracker toy soldiers, which could take hits from Kyros, and could get back up even when Cavendish and Luffy greatly damaged them. She also immobilized Gladius for a brief time. Her feat against Hakuba may be an outlier, however.

It should also be noted that she withstood taking hits from Diamante's spikes iron balls

Her post time-skip tier should likely scale to: At least low 7-B, but this needs looking over since it is possible some could argue that she can be higher, or lower.

Regarding Nami:

She managed to defeat Kalifa, but this could be mostly PIS and i don't think she could be 8-A.

However, she managed to withstand strikes against Kalifa and hurt her pretty badly.

It would probably be best for us to treat Nami's AP as being capable of creating small clouds pre time-skip and causing small scaled lightning storms and having her listed as "At least 8-B" since she managed to defeat Kalifa and due to her weather manipulation.

I would not know how to handle post time-skip Nami, however.

CP9 arc Roronoa Zoro and Sanji upgrade:

Zoro managed to one-shot Kaku in giraffe form, who is comparable to Base Rob Lucci (Low 7-C scaling above Base Luffy --> Kaku in base is more than half as strong as Rob Lucci according to the Doriki scale, and his Giraffe mode makes him a lot stronger). Sanji managed to two-shot Jyabura, who is Kaku's equal. Zoro also contributed to about half of the force he and Luffy provided to put a hole in a massive tsunami generated from the Aqua Laguna.

Both were capable of proving a challenge to Oars, who should scale above Base Luffy. And both took a few strikes from him and could continue fighting (Zoro being capable of withstanding the damage and taking all of Luffy's damage and pain later on).

Because of this, CP9~Saboady Zoro and Sanji should be listed as the following:

Zoro: Likely Low 7-C, Low 7-C with Asura

Sanji: Likely Low 7-C, Low 7-C with Diable Jambe

Regarding Usopp:

He was capable of barely surviving blows from Jyabura and he took a Gomu Gomu no Pistol from Luffy while injured, so I think it would be reasonable to increase his durability to Multi-city block level

I already applied upgrades to Franky, so I believe I've covered everyone who would need an upgrade.

This seems good to me, for Robin, she doesn't really ignore durability, it's more that her fighting style focuses on grappling and restricting movement, therefore reducing and overpowering the opponents' physical AP, without worrying much about durability. And also that she can largely increase her strength by the number of limbs she creates and uses.

If this gets accepted Boa would also need an upgrade seeing as she could most likely one-shot all the pre-timeskip straw-hats and she's currently only listed as 7-C

I suppose that this seems mostly reasonable.

^ That's pretty much your catchphrase around here XD

But anyway, you said 'mostly' so there must be something you don't agree with right?

Well, I have to say something when I give my approval, and I respond to hundreds of topics.

Anyway, I do not disagree. It just seems a bit vague overall. However, it is most likely an improvement in accuracy over the previous statistics.

Back