• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strange Visitor Superman Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I think this is pretty simple.

Strange Visitor Superman's first key has nothing to back up it's 8-C, Subsonic and lifting strength ratings. No calcs, scans or scaling whatsoever.

So this either needs to be changed to something else reliable or be switched to just Unknown.

Yeah but he used to be building level and...well still supersonic+ no idea why SV supes is only subsonic he literally flew into space in a short time.

Him moving that statue so fast into space could get a good result though, besides scaling to golden age.

If it’s based on Golden Age Superman, then we should edit the statistics based on that.

Although maybe we should just remove his first key entirely.

How do you think that we should modify the statistics?
Scaling to Golden Age supes seems straightforward. I imagine that this specific version of Superman (SV story, prior to SV powers) isn't likely to be discussed so best to keep it simple if the evidence in-story is very thin

I may need to reread the story, but I don't remember him having any notable feat during or before the montage before he got his extreme power at the end of the issue. He simply "was" Golden Age Superman and failed to save a rocket that got transported to another universe.

Edit: By that same token, I don't think scaling him to GA Supes is valid precisely because of that too. He doesn't have any showing aside from his looks to suggest he has same power level as the original. That said, only solution I see for that is to have him as Unknown.

Hard to qualify since it was the kriptonite teleporting it to the other dimension, and the psnel with the explosion is weird angled.

How do you think that we should modify the statistics?
Just remove the first key in my view. Its like how we used to scale All-Star Superman to Post-Crisis Superman because they were similar. Him looking like GA Superman does not mean he was at the same power level as GA Superman. So removing the key is the best choice in my view.

Just remove the first key in my view. Its like how we used to scale All-Star Superman to Post-Crisis Superman because they were similar. Him looking like GA Superman does not mean he was at the same power level as GA Superman. So removing the key is the best choice in my view.
Agreed.

Qawsedf234 makes sense to me as well.

Is somebody here willing to appropriately edit the page?

I have unlocked it. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back