• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stellaris Revisions

The Worm in Waiting

"We've reproduced conditions that approximate those around the black hole. We've found that the fragments we recover cycle between states, in ways that should be impossible - as if time were oscillating. We can derive energy from this - although there are worrying changes to local spacetime."

Spatial Manipulation

"The Theory suggests that the temporal anomalies we have encountered are the cause of the thing we call the Loop, or the Worm. It's a tangled knot of paradoxes that has become conscious; a nexus of awareness and desire outside time. Its cause, or its result - it's hard to say with something like this. But it is attracted to endings and to beginnings. We can use the Omega Alignment to bring it through to our home system. If we do, something will certainly happen. This is many things, but especially, it is science."

Type 3 acausality

The Shroud

The Instrument of Desire should be a type 1 abstract since it's of similar nature to the end of the cycle despite being inferior

the vision is hazy and indistinct, but there can be no question - it is [Root.Capital.GetName], our capital. The great cities look different yet familiar, even through the obscuring wall of flames and smoke. Thousands... no, millions of mutilated bodies litter the streets, all of them [Root.GetSpeciesName]. The stench of decay is unbearable.\n\n§P"YOUR FUTURE."§!\n\nNothing living remains in the ruins. In the sky above, massive orbital installations, trailing smoke, have begun a slow and inevitable descent towards the planet. Are we witnessing one possible future out of many?\n\n§P"NOT ONE OF MANY. IT SHALL COME TO PASS. AS SURELY AS THE SUN RISES. IT IS YOUR DESTINY."§!\n\nThe vision ends as quickly as it began, leaving behind a miasma of swirling psychic energies."

Precognition? Or maybe fate manipulation?

I agree with Spatial man. changes as they are numerous evidence for it.

You should also link your sources to be safe.

Type 3 acausality I disagreed as it exists outside of spacetime; it looks to be more evidence for Acausality Type 4 and Abstract Existence which it has.

Give me like a day or two to look this over before adding it

I suppose that we can wait for Wokistan.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
BTW, there's also a statement the shroud is connected to infinite universes, but it already has a 5-D statement so...
"As we feared, madness has overtaken our telepaths. All at once, their minds have been opened to the inconceivable multitude of options and probabilities that exist both in the past and the future.\n\nEvery single variation and scenario, no matter how colossal or miniscule the difference between them, is being endlessly repeated inside their brains. They have been reduced to a state of permanent catatonia.\n\nIt will be some time before the Conclave of Telepaths can muster the psionic strength needed to reach into the Shroud again."

Spatial Manipulation

This seems fine

Acausality
That's probably some sort of acausality, but nothing in that quote seems to indicate type 3 to me. An explanation would be nice.

Abstract Existence
EOTC's file has it due to being similar to the Worm in Waiting, though. Worm's profile doesn't really have the best justification either. A quote would be nice.

Precog/fate
I'd say yes to precog, and no to fate. Precog is pretty blatant, but this seems more like a threat rather than fate manipulation.

Law and Causality
Post a quote saying this and you're good.

@Wokistan

Thank you for the evaluation.

Back