• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steely Dan versus Bug-Eaten

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Steely Da versus Bug-Eate.

Standard battle assumptions; Steely Dan has knowledge on Ratt's general functions and has a flesh bud ready for delivery. They both have cover at the beginning of the fight.

The Lovers: 7

Ratt: 2

Inconclusive:

This is gonna come down to who can find who first. Lovers finding Rat or Rat finding Dan. I'm thinking Lovers plus fleshbud is the perfect counter to Rat really.

I say Steely Dan. First he would have to have his Stand inside the rat before getting killed, which I don't see as a problem, then with the damage reflected the rat should die first due to being smaller. They could both die too but I find the other scenario to be more likely.

I'd think Dan is at the advantage due to his stand likely being too small for Ratt to shoot down. All he needs to do is stay behind his cover while Lovers carries out his dirty work. I vote for him.

Lovers really isn't just HtH, it needs to reach a target first, and it can deliver a flesh bud into their brain to give them a lobotomy.

Lovers needs to find and hit the small rat in Central Park before getting bombarded by darts. All the arguments for Lovers forgets two things- Bug-Eaten can fire multiple darts at once, and the rat can riccochet them. So, not only will cover not really help Steely Dan from being bombarded, but it will be even harder to find Bug-Eaten since the riccochet of the darts will throw off Dan. He'll be dead before he can find and get his stand inside Bug-Eaten.

Bug-Eaten via riccochet, durability negation, and faster kill. Dan simply wouldn't be able to hit Bug-Eaten in time.

Bug Eaten's range is a few hundreds of meters at best.

The fighters know each other's starting position.

The Lovers (which has a 4km range) was capable of traveling part of the city from Joseph and the others to come back to dan, in a very short time.

It also happened to know where Joseph and Dan was. Such a large range actually hurts Dan, since he has no ******* clue where Bug-Eaten is, and it would take an incredible amount of time to search the entirety of Central Park, which is covered in grass, trees, and more.

Steely Dan FRA

As for my opinion on scaling stand users, we shouldn't scale to Jotaro since he pretty clearly pulls his punches, but if the attacks they tank come from an enemy with the desire to kill then we should scale them. The only issue would be if they were tanking the attack by having their stand part way through their body, thus the attack not actually properly hitting them

I dunno what that scaling has to do with it?

I have been off cite for a few days and I know that a lot of the stand user ratings have been under contention. I was saying that I agree with Dan's ratings but they are not universal for all stand users as far as applications

I'll probably vote for Bug-Eater trying to find a rat in Central Park that specializes in sniping is going to be the biggest pain in the a** and, even if he finds it, he may get shot before being able to finish getting into Bug-Eaters Head or planting the flesh bud.

If Dan knows the rough whereabouts of BE and how Ratt works, he'll try to gtfo the rat's range while maintaining cover. Speed is unequal and BE can't move while Ratt is out. It'll need to call its Stand back and give chase to Dan unprotected. Both Dan and Lovers are much faster than BE, so they can get away quicker than BE can chase. Then the rat gets lured to a vegetation-less area and Dan sends a flesh bud into its brain by abusing range advantage.

Voting Memey Dan.

Who says Dan knows the rough whereabouts of BE?

I'm still not seeing an argument for how Steely Dan would actually land hits on Bug-Eaten before getting wrecked. Bug-Eaten was able to pelt down Jotaro, who had time stop; Steely Dan isn't even skilled in combat.

Lovers can act by itself to some extent, so Dan can hide and place Lovers near a vegetation-less area. The sheer range advantage means that Dan doesn't even need to be present near this area.

But what area in Central Park has enough low vegetation to see a rat that you have no clue where it's coming from. Also take cover where? If he random ducks behind a rock he has a 50% for the rat being on the side he's hiding behind. Randomly taking cover against a rat that he has no clue where it is, doesn't help at all. The rat has an easier chance of spotting Steely Dan because he's the size of a human and I believe rats have a better sense of smell (but I was born without smell so I have no clue how good human's sense of smell is), so he could track steely dan that way. Especially since this is a rat smart enough to trick Jotaro and Josuke multiple times.

Central Park with a 4 km range. Ratt wouldn't go ahead and walk into a low-vegetation area, and a lot of central park is grass. I've gone to New York before.

A yeah, Dan has the Range advantage, so Bug-Eaten would actually have to get closer to him.

Although Dan does have the small issue of having no way to use that range advantage. In fact, it actually hurts him, since it opens up an absolutely massive range of where Bug Eaten could be.

Note: This assumes speed is unequalized.

Dan can keep his distance and stay out of Ratt's range thanks to his higher speed. I feel like, even if has more ground to cover, Lovers can find Bug-Eaten before Bug-Eaten finds Dan. Also, Lovers can search the 4km in a fraction of a second because MFTL.

Technically one is immobile while the other can outrange and kite forever under SBA with unrestricted speed.

But would a speed equalisation else SBA match still constitute a stomp in Dan's favour?

I can equalize speed but Ratt does have MFTL reactions and attack speed.

Promestein said:
I can equalize speed but Ratt does have MFTL reactions and attack speed.
But is the level of MFTL the same? I mean we have multiple MFTL speed feats for different Jojo characters to scale to.

Ratt is scaled to Part IV Jotaro.

Lovers is scaled to Silver Chariot and Hierophant Green.

If anything, Lovers is slower.

Not saying SP is faster. That's why I said "If anything". They're probably in the same speed range, more or less.

Yes. Just saying that the speed is more or less irrelevant here.

Back