• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stat equalization Tournament for the Undead Round 1! (Foot Solder vs Brook) (0-3-0)

Well, I think ability wise they are, in practice, about equal. Maybe Brook has slight edge with his sleep manipulation.
But I'm fairly sure Brook is simply way more skilled. He should win.

Well, I think ability wise they are, in practice, about equal. Maybe Brook has slight edge with his sleep manipulation.
But I'm fairly sure Brook is simply way more skilled. He should win.
Idk about Brook taking the advantage skill, Foot Solder is comparable to Night Cap who has had "lifetimes of superpowered Plant vs. Zombies Heroics" so I feel like they might be comparable in skill.
Voting the best skeleton fra
Counted.
Sans in one piece FRA
Counted.

Idk about Brook taking the advantage skill, Foot Solder is comparable to Night Cap who has had "lifetimes of superpowered Plant vs. Zombies Heroics" so I feel like they might be comparable in skill.
I just generally am not impressed by fighting low-skill enemies for lifetimes... especially if on-screen there is not much to match it. Like, being old isn't automatically equal to being skilled.
Brook isn't Zoro, but I think he still is in the realm of top-ranked sword fighters in the verse, which is more impressive IMO given the skill of OP sword fighters.

I just generally am not impressed by fighting low-skill enemies for lifetimes... especially if on-screen there is not much to match it. Like, being old isn't automatically equal to being skilled.
Brook isn't Zoro, but I think he still is in the realm of top-ranked sword fighters in the verse, which is more impressive IMO given the skill of OP sword fighters.
I think that's underselling the foot soldier I mean it's quite obvious that they are high skilled enemies

I get basic pvz 1 and 2 zombies but the Zombie heros and Zombies in garden warfare are far superior to normal zombies

Plus I don't see why it's bad to assume the age thing I mean we see Time travel is very huge in GW2 so it's easily a possibility

I think that's underselling the foot soldier I mean it's quite obvious that they are high skilled enemies

I get basic pvz 1 and 2 zombies but the Zombie heros and Zombies in garden warfare are far superior to normal zombies
So do they have some impressive skill showings applicable to the foot soldier?

Plus I don't see why it's bad to assume the age thing I mean we see Time travel is very huge in GW2 so it's easily a possibility
It being possible isn't the big problem. But I see 60-year-old people that do their job worse than their 30-year-old colleagues. Because, as it turns out, doing something for a long time doesn't automatically make you incredibly skilled at it. It makes you experienced, but being more experienced isn't the same as being more skilled.
Especially if your experience comes down to "just shoot straight at the enemy", as would be the case if basic PvZ is included in the experience of that guy.

Omg, there's someone who uses brain 🙉😚 thank you for existing 🙏

Yee brooks intelligence section needs updating
?????

So do they have some impressive skill showings applicable to the foot soldier?
Garden ops show them being able to defend wave after wave of Plants alone

also Garden and Graveyards go to do strategic objectives and aren't blindly shooting (not to mention each Foot soldier variant has a playstyle)

Especially if your experience comes down to "just shoot straight at the enemy", as would be the case if basic PvZ is included in the experience of that guy.
this is badly downplaying the foot soldier ... it clearly does more than that (it's a professional soldier that knows how to accomplish strategic objectives)

I lean on the foot soldier

He uses more-range weapons unlike Brook who I doubt is skilled against a ranged opponent (he is skilled at fencing but nothing states here he is strong against someone with range weapons). I may be wrong so correct me

FRA PvZ

Brook's sleep manipulation is via his soul manipulation combined with music... Brook easily wins this matchup and even has speed amps that completely blitzes opponents

Brook is also much more skilled, don't see the foot solider winning at all

but to be honest yes... the foot soldier doesn't have much to do lol.

while he is "comparable" to several plant heroes, it is important to remember that he has never had a fight individually, mostly it has always been with other companions... so I would say it is doubtful to scale him to heroes like nightcap.

on the other hand, the soldier specializes in ranged combat so i doubt he would fit into brook's range but, we have the problem that he has never dealt with someone as hax'd as brook.

And not to say that this is the common foot soldier... so there are not many useful abilities.

the smoke curtain would be useful but it lasts a short time, the upgraded version is much more lethal yes, but it lasts much less.

the rocket jump is useful, but it needs high altitude places.. and anyway it's doubtful that brook will stay still.. and not go after him, especially because the rocket jump is limited.

ZPG could potentially be a winning form, usually it usually shoots comparable enemies to the soldier or does a huge amount of damage and even has some area damage, but while the soldier is setting up the attack, brook will have already dodged it... the multi rocket version won't do much to tell the truth.

the soldier's self sustain might prevent brook's sleep manipulation from working, technically the soldier can take altitude to try to recover from the damage, but this is only limited to a point that I doubt brook would leave it anyway.. and the soldier doesn't have much to do against speed boosters, soul manipulation, like ice manipulation.

Aren't they both undead... The only wincon they technically have is brook learning to be able to absorb or cut his soul, right?

I think Brook wins b/c he has better hax
like speed amps ...
I think the skill thing is more closer than what other think but yeah doesn't matter too much when your faster than your opponent by a significant margin

FRA Brook

I think the skill thing is more closer than what other think
I don't think so at all, brook is able to somewhat compete against ryuma who is stated to be a sword god, who can cut things with perfect timing, accuracy and momentum with skill to bypass durability, brook has even made a skill where it speed amps you to where the opponent doesn't even see you attacking them and you won't realize you've been cut
0450-006.png
0450-007.png
0450-008.png

(This is brooks technique btw, used by ryuma and given an explanation on how it works)

I don't think so at all, brook is able to somewhat compete against ryuma who is stated to be a sword god, who can cut things with perfect timing, accuracy and momentum with skill to bypass durability, brook has even made a skill where it speed amps you to where the opponent doesn't even see you attacking them and you won't realize you've been cut
0450-006.png
0450-007.png
0450-008.png

(This is brooks technique btw, used by ryuma and given an explanation on how it works)
That's just Ryuma's corpse though.

I don't think so at all, brook is able to somewhat compete against ryuma who is stated to be a sword god
That version of Ryuma no longer had any of the skills that made him so as he was only relying on Brook's shadow for his fighting style.

And when it comes to competing with Ryuma I believe Brook himself said Ryuma wasn't trying at all when he fought him after watching Zoro & Ryuma fight.

But Brook is still very skilled as the fighting style Ryuma used was Brook's own.

I think Brook wins b/c he has better hax
like speed amps ...
I think the skill thing is more closer than what other think but yeah doesn't matter too much when your faster than your opponent by a significant margin

FRA Brook
Counted!

Back