• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Start hating me now, but we need to seriously talk about it (Medaka Box [Create Universe]).

So, why are we accepting two words that held no meaning in the process of the defeat of the EOS villain. What did Creating a Universe do? Is there any information, feats, or word of god that stated she actually created a universe aside from those two words, otherwise we're giving the series way too much credit instability. Ajimu makes a star disappear, Star Busting, but that's not even close to what the villain has shown or what has been shown throughout the series.

So please, get your kicks, have your laughs and your grimacing remarks, but truly. Why do we give it so much weight when for other series we are taking large amounts of caution in their own feats. And please do not state because it's EOS Medaka, because that's not a good answer and I highly doubt that Medaka is superior to Ajimu's something something billion skills.

It's accepted because the series is mostly written, rather than drawn. Not showing feats (Instead relying on statements and powerscaling) is rather common in anime/manga. Like KamiYasha said, Ant went over this multiple times back when he was around, so this thread's existence is entirely meaningless.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah no. Then if he wished it to be a light novel he should have made it such. Just like any other comic and manga series it needs to show its feats or we should treat it as either an outlier or hyperbole. I know how common statements are, you forgetting who ya talkin' to here, I prefer them. But there were statements saying that she'd either done the feat, nor any surprises towards it. What are we supposed to go on here, trusting in the mangaka's ability to understand what he'd done. No character had shown said feats, and as I said in the Medaka comments thread. I highly doubt Medaka is still superior to Ajimu even in EOS.

You're going to need better reasons than that, sir, otherwise I'm going to fight for that "possibly" to get taken away. With nothing to show for it other than a name, it should be under scrutiny just as any other manga series.

It's the series' nature, we can't exactly hold it to standards we don't really have to begin with. Whilst feats are > statements, we don't completely disregard statements, especially since in this case it only applies to one ability of hers she can't utilize in direct combat.

If you can provide specific reasons she isn't universal (AKA don't say it was "only a statement") then maybe it will get changed. But at the moment, that appears to be all you have.

Huh... can you show me the feats or statements other than the name that state that she's a Universe Creator. It seemed to have been done SOOOO casually, that there was not a spec of a statement nor any pictures or WOG to state that she was... Isn't that convenient.

No... It's your job to do the same thing that even RPGs (that are turn-based) do, they either show examples with statements or feats through cutscenes. It's a manga. If they wanted to make it a light novel series, they could have. But manga series have different rules, thus Medaka should abide by them just as any other manga has, Everlasting.

So you need to show me why those words should be counted as her Universe Creating. Other wise we will have to believe that series like Tales of, cause Big Bangs, Dragon Quest causes Black Holes, and any techniques that say "Lightspeed" are actually, "Lightspeed". Just as we believe Medaka. And that would create a mountain of problems, don't you think?

Pioneer Flag (Õà¿õ║║Úí×µ£¬Þ©Å, Paioni Furaggu): Create new universe skill

this doesnt hold true to our scale saying she can create it doesn't mean she can destroy it here because the skill is specifically only creating one

OK. And what does create new universe mean. What is the interpretation to it? Did she create a new universe, if so why wasn't it referenced later on, why were we not given an explanation at such a gargantuan event. Instead, it was placed with all the other hundreds of EOS skills. Yet we still haven't seen her superiors do anything even close to what this skill would entail normally.

So again... Unless you have something useful on what the skill truly does, it doesn't matter how many times you place that. What we need is the feat more thoroughly explained, some source that can be given to it that makes sure that its power can't be denied, and these guys don't have that as I've also looked for more interpretations and WOG statements to use in order to empower it. I found nothing, and you have nothing on it, nothing concrete other than a description that states it "creates new universe". And in that case, what does it mean for the characters around her. Where were their feats leading up to being capable of creating new universes? What power did she gain that was so extraordinary that she has the power to create a new universe.

Even worse, if she could create a new universe. Why couldn't she fix the moon with her reality warping skills?

Wait, you know what. I change my mind. You don't have to do that. She just isn't that strong in terms of destructive capacity.

This world has to do with hax and skills, but the only thing that is gained from those hax or skills is the "power" to do them. So here's what I recommend, to stop my chatter on the subject. Please specify that it is with the "Pioneer Flag" power that she has the ability to create a new universe, but do not let said ability be associated with her destructive capacity.

How is that as a bargain, otherwise let's continue with this. But Medaka does not have said destructive capacity, it isn't even a possibility in itself. All it means is that she's capable of creating a universe through her skill. As a matter of fact, the same can be said for Ajimu. The power shouldn't affect her destructive capacity, it just means that the skill gave her the ability, but not of her own destructive potential.

Basically, what I'm saying is. We should do this as to not create confusion.

Well, they are A LOT of character, who for example: have created a moon and was rated his Dc as Moon level, busting =/= creation (actually, to create something, it requires more energy than to destroy)

There is litterally no proof for her to be universal at all.

The "Statement" Is the name of a god damn attack. So stop with this wank. Nothing supports it

The create a universe thing never said the size of a universe at all.

So pretty much we are being very lenient with this feat. Also the lightspeed statement is clearly a hyperbole. It was said mid series and never even close to coming that speed.

She has no feats of that level. And saying just because its the narative of the story is insane and hypocritcal at best.

We have no evidence for any of these feats at all. And the statements are vauge and NLF's

KamiYasha said:
Well, they are A LOT of character, who for example: have created a moon and was rated his Dc as Moon level, busting =/= creation (actually, to create something, it requires more energy than to destroy)
Now hold on now. It would take reality warping to create a universe though. She should theoretically have the ability to create something of vastly smaller quality than a moon. This is why I stated that she should not have it as her destructive capacity. Her power is based upon that skill, not of her own power. She doesn't gain the physical advantages it would take to use it. And from what I saw Ajimu didn't have that capacity either. The skills they gain are based on hax alone, it doesn't amplify their physical prowess unless it otherwise states it.

I'm stuck in the middle here.

I dislike Medaka Box for the main reason being that it has next to no feats (other than erasing the Moon or Star busting). And mostof the "skills" of the characters like create universe, or become higher dimensional are simply listed, mentioned (rarely) and never actually show in action.

Of course, the other issue being that this could simply be the authors style, and that he didn't want to display all of this on page and would rather show it through the text.

I'm leaning more towards the former, however.

Well, I would say that possibly 2-C is a fair rating. As that is exactly what it is possibly Universe level.

That's because you're thinking rationally. Why are we supposed to believe she created a universe if there is nothing that showcases her actually doing so other than a small set of words that the writer didn't believe needed much mention. It means he didn't care enough to iterate on why the ability should be important to the fight. Again that's his fault, it means his words can't always be trusted as fact. Where's the universe, how large is it, is it even a "universe" or just something that could mean "a new age". Whether or not she did though, doesn't matter as it shouldn't be within her destructive capacity no matter if she did or didn't as she doesn't show any abilities apart from All Fiction and The End that showcase her ability.

Anime, Manga and Comics are a medium that we need visual, verbal or a mix of both, to confirm the power. Medaka Box isn't special, it should go through the same process just as any other story.

So I just saw the scan and that's the most vague thing I've ever seen its just Medaka with a bunch of random skills in the background .I guess that's why obd never accepted it .... Anyways I've never read the series but it does seem somewhat unfair to other series .

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
So I just saw the scan and that's the most vague thing I've ever seen its just Medaka with a bunch of random skills in the background .I guess that's why obd never accepted it ....
Anyways I've never read the series but it does seem somewhat unfair to other series .
Thank you Chill, that makes perfect sense. "A bunch of vague, random skills" tells that tale perfectly.

@CHILL: Well Universe level+ is more like Low 2-C but yeah it goes from Universe+ to Multi-Universe.

Back