• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afaik all the explicit numbers were removed besides the 5 GJ one, but the various flowery statements remained.

Thinking about it, those statements don't really make sense with displays of power in Star Wars canon.

I'll wait to hear what the others have to say.

Yes, actually, I even screenshotted it (the book is digital, and I can use the "find" tool) when I first found that statement. Feel free to ask me for some info in the future.
Where did you find a digital copy of this book? Can you PM me?

There's some more feats retained and removed from the old canon.

The Providence-class' maximum turbolaser yield is still equivalent to a Magnitude 10 Earthquake, but any and all megaton-level laser/ion cannon statements have been removed (including the Providence-class' cannons being equal to the heat of a nuke).
  • Quad turbolaser cannon’s maximum yield is equivalent to magnitude-10 earthquake
Each of a Munificent's main turbolasers can blast-melt a 1,000 km ice moon.
  • Each craft’s two huge turbolaser cannons can, for example, blast-melt an ice-moon measuring 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) in diameter, or pierce the shields of a 10-km-wide (6.2-mile-wide) Grade III battle station.
Huh... Didn't think they'd retain those, of all things.

Thinking about it, those statements don't really make sense with displays of power in Star Wars canon.
I don't know about the ice moon melting feat, but it makes sense for the Providence's main batteries to be in the 6-C range, given that the much weaker Acclamator can briefly go up against an ISD2 (and we know single ISDs can lay waste to continents and even entire planetary surfaces) and given that there are starfighters that can mountain bust easily.

Sure.

I guess the Earthquake thing is consistent, but I think it's indirectly consistent. If we're ignoring one from the same source that has been transferred over, we should ignore the other in this specific case.

Last edited:
I guess the Earthquake thing is consistent, but I think it's indirectly consistent. If we're ignoring one from the same source that has been transferred over, we should ignore the other in this specific case.
You mean the ice moon thing? Surely that has to be a " sustained bombardment over time" kind of deal.

I assumed you meant we're ignoring the ice moon bombardment outright, but if we're not then the Magnitude 10 earthquake feat is fine given how massive the disparity between medium and heavy turbolasers is, let alone light and heavy.

I assumed you meant we're ignoring the ice moon bombardment outright, but if we're not then the Magnitude 10 earthquake feat is fine given how massive the disparity between medium and heavy turbolasers is, let alone light and heavy.
What are the agreed on revised ratings for turbolasers?

What are the agreed on revised ratings for turbolasers?
Island level.

Also, it turns out I got your hopes up on the lightbow feat. He fires much, much earlier. It's about 3x less than before.

Island level.

Also, it turns out I got your hopes up on the lightbow feat. He fires much, much earlier. It's about 3x less than before.
For heavies, right? I think the accepted end of your calc is 30+ Gigatons? So... That 15 Gigaton statement for the Providence's main batteries would be oddly consistent.

Eh... 243 m/s for a class of weapon whose bolts are much slower than normal blasters. Still impressive.

As I said (albeit passingly) in the OP, we're probably getting rid of it entirely and upscaling from weaker weapons.

It's more like 203 m/s.

Spoilers if you haven't see the Resistance finale (I don't watch the show, I actually just saw the first 10 minutes to get this feat), but there's a good orbital bombardment feat.

Last edited:
As I said (albeit passingly) in the OP, we're probably getting rid of it entirely and upscaling from weaker weapons.

It's more like 203 m/s.

Spoilers if you haven't see the Resistance finale (I don't watch the show, I actually just saw the first 10 minutes to get this feat), but there's a good orbital bombardment feat.
Okay, then. Forgot about that bit. I should read more slowly next time.

Subsonic+ at least. Blaster pistols would also scale to this, I guess.

I have seen the show. I straight up forgot about this feat. It is a good showing. But that many star destroyers to deal with such a small population of backward enemies is way overkill.

There's also no content directly from the Clone Wars TV series, as you said. It's probably just a movie-only guide. Even the foreword section talks about the details in Star Wars films.

Also, there's lots of alterations that I outlined, many of which are substantiated by other guides, and pages from canon guide books.

Ok.

Please stop bringing up stuff that's irrelevant to Star Wars ratings. I don't mean to be rude.

just like another episode of barney. so are we gonna figure out keys or not? ratings matter yes, but keys are more needed for now. we severely lack them - legends and canon.

Anakin and Obi-Wan at least are definitely getting keys, also this thread is focused on Canon.
ahsoka needs more keys. her season 1 TCW self is fodder to season 6/5, same for season 7. we might need to make a mandalorian key as well, since she is significantly weaker there. sheev needs more keys, now that i proved that he grew in power, vader as well, maul might need one more since he does grow stronger. that, and his sheev might.

I've already given Ahsoka some new keys. It's the film to Season 6 (she performed a City Block level feat in Season 5), Season 7, and Rebels.

Adding on to what you said, Season 1 Ahsoka did better against enemies who stomped her in the film. This makes sense as it's said Anakin is the only one whose power increase rivals her own.

I don't think there's sufficient evidence that Ahsoka was significantly weaker in the Mandalorian, it would make no sense for her to be on the level of a peak human, plus she was just 45

Film Ahsoka could fight four Magna Droids and win, whom we know to be stronger than the Luke that defeated Boba Fett.

Clearly she's holding back or it's an outlier, which literally all instances of a Jedi struggling against opponents on the same level as them with out the Force are.

This same Ahsoka fought Clone Wars Maul years prior, and fought a much stronger one. She's way above Obi-Wan, unless her strength arbitrarily lowered.

Even then Force Users consistently fight humans. It's not inconsistent, and not proof that she's somehow weaker.

As you said, Obi-Wan fought Fett, yet a much weaker Luke defeats his son (who isn't too far off) while blind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back