• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Legends minor speed downgrade

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
All of the Star Wars Legends canon high and top tier characters who have profiles here have Relativistic+ combat speeds with Light speed reactions. I checked the calc which was the basis for the Relativistic+ combat speed rating but the result is 0.1562c which is just plain Relativistic i.e. without the (+). Relativistic+ starts at 0.5c does it not? @Lina Shields also once made a calc for the same character (I think) and got 0.15c only if I remember correctly. Sorry but I can't find that calc right now. @Lina Shields, please post a link to it here if you're seeing this.

Anyway, my point is that I see no calcs anywhere to justify a Relativistic+ combat speed rating for the Star Wars Legends high and top tiers. If there is one, someone please post the link here. If there isn't any, then that Relativistic+ rating is not justified and we will have to remove the (+) and leave it as just plain "Relativistic" combat speeds for the Legends canon profiles.

Now I know that we will have 40+ profiles to fix if this proposal is accepted but this is actually a simple edit where we have to simply remove one character and this is something one person alone can do.

Of course I volunteer to do this.

However, only add the "Speed" or "Calculations" topics to a thread, if the thread is about the content within those pages.

@Qawsedf234

The nanosecond reaction feat was for Sarasu Taalon, someone far below Fate of the Jedi era Luke. But yes, Luke and Abeloth also have nanosecond feats but I'm thinking those would apply to their reactions only seeing as how their perceptions were such that "even nanoseconds felt slow" to them. Also, if Luke and Abeloth were indeed fighting at Relativistic+ speeds, it would scale to very few other characters.

@Volundox

Has anyone done a calc of that feat? The reason I haven't done the edits yet is because I want more input and to see if there is evidence to support Relativistic+ combat speeds for characters other than the likes of Luke and Abeloth.

> Also, if Luke and Abeloth were indeed fighting at Relativistic+ speeds, it would scale to very few other characters.

Yeah. Really only to the Ones of Mortis. What about the other feats I posted though? Are they good enough to warrent a relatvistic rating?

> Has anyone done a calc of that feat? The reason I haven't done the edits yet is because I want more input and to see if there is evidence to support Relativistic+ combat speeds for characters other than the likes of Luke and Abeloth.

I don't know how relevent it is, but Mace Windu does have a similar feat

@Soldier Blue

I don't think anyone got around to doing it but since the downgrade didn't happen last time i'd wait for more staff input.

Shouldn't ChaosTheory be altered to this thread, considering it's his calc that is in question?

@Aparajita Feel free to inform him about it.

I don't think ChaosTheory really cares about this wiki anymore.

Regardless, I realize the + comes from how many of our Star Wars profiles are old copy/pastes from the OBD, and they don't have a difference between a + and no +.

If Darth Jadus' feat can yield good results, then they might be able to stay at Relativistic+, but otherwise, a downgrade to Relativistic seems in order.

on that topic, can we change luke's speed from Disney canon as its still uses the old and outdated speed.

@Soldier Blue & The Everlasting Feel free to adjust the profiles accordingly then.

@Ant

I'll do it later this evening. Busy with something else right now in real life.

@Everlasting

So the (+) is due to a copy & paste from the OBD? Makes sense.

Also, wasn't Jadus stated to be just below Vitiate? If his feat yields Relativistic+ results, then that would scale only to himself, Vitiate, Palpatine, probably Plagueis, Windu, Yoda, Luke, The Ones.

I removed the "+" sign for all of the 4 locked profiles.

Soldier Blue said:
Also, wasn't Jadus stated to be just below Vitiate? If his feat yields Relativistic+ results, then that would scale only to himself, Vitiate, Palpatine, probably Plagueis, Windu, Yoda, Luke, The Ones.
I'm pretty sure that was Jadus' own exaggerations, plus it would be inconsistent with how Vitiate is supposed to be like a god among Force users in his time.

The Everlasting said:
I'm pretty sure that was Jadus' own exaggerations, plus it would be inconsistent with how Vitiate is supposed to be like a god among Force users in his time.
Makes sense. But he was among the most powerful Sith of his time. So if he has a Relativistic+ feat, it would likely scale to any Force Adept on the level of a strong Jedi Master or Councillor but nobody else (unless they have proven themselves capable of keeping up with Force Adepts of such a level).

Soldier Blue said:
The Everlasting said:
Makes sense. But he was among the most powerful Sith of his time. So if he has a Relativistic+ feat, it would likely scale to any Force Adept on the level of a strong Jedi Master or Councillor but nobody else (unless they have proven themselves capable of keeping up with Force Adepts of such a level).
It's very difficult to determine the power of Jadus as his story is entirely self contained to the agent story line. However within that story line a watcher says his power is second to the emporer, and whilst this could be seen as propaganda, it was given some legitimacy when vitiate says Jadus was one of the 'best sith' his empire produced.

Although this leaves some to interpretation, Jadus should be considered as one of the more powerful sith of the era. Plus he was a dark council member, so the other members should scale to it, and by extension anyone worth their salt in the verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNIDWxs4dI

I see. That just proves my point then about feats from him scaling only to those on the level of Councillors and those who can just about match them. Thanks for the info.

The Darth Jadus Relativistic+ feat that I was talking about was him dodging a blaster bolt at close range, but we have no proof that the blaster bolt, in this case, was moving at lightspeed or not.

So, it is safer to keep everyone's speed at Relativistic until we find better speed feats.

However, we do know that Malak's Force Drain and Force Lightning can move at 1.58 times speed of light according to calculation however.

Lina Shields said:
However, we do know that Malak's Force Drain and Force Lightning can move at 1.58 times speed of light according to calculation however.
Wasn't he amped by a Dark Side nexus at the time? This means it would likely scale to no one else other than perhaps The Son (Legends only) and Abeloth.

If that is true, wouldn't this make Revan's feat all the more impressive, considering that you actually beat him in the game in both the light/dark side endings?

What is the context behind Revan and Malak's final battle? I remember that Malak was powered up by the Star Forge or something, but that would only make Revan's AP higher if that is the case.

Yes the Star Forge is a Dark Side nexus I believe (though I would like someone to confirm this). This means beings like Malak would likely be amped a little just by being on the damn thing. The problem however, is that we can't quantify the boost a nexus gives. But we do know that a nexus can result in rather strange boosts for hax abilities. An example of this is Zannah's hax being boosted by a nexus and sprouting some weird tentacle things.

Back