• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
The Top Hero of America : 0
A sheep : 0
Incon : 0

Fight takes place in a 50x50 noun block wide empty plain
There is really no point in equalizing speed since both characters can just apply [INSERT NAME] IS FAST
Baba has access to all unrestricted noun blocks
Both characters have 2 minutes of prep time
The block with the word "Cathleen Bate" will exist at the start of the match in the middle of the arena (One thing to note is that assuming Baba has encountered Keke and has manipulated his noun block, the sheep would know that any word that isn't a noun, operator, or property is a name)
Starting distance is 20 meters
The ALL, LEVEL, WIN, DEFEAT, END, TEXT, SINK, and DONE words are restricted. The same goes for letter blocks

I'm not even sure if this can be added. But oh well, why not

Last edited:
I'm a little confused on how Baba's powers work.
What do they lead with?

I'm a little confused on how Baba's powers work.
What do they lead with?
Here's a video to help explain. It's pretty short and you should probably watch it on 0.25x speed but essentially, he can manipulate laws on objects and stuff by setting up sentences with word blocks

I mean, this thing is also immortale as well. Type 4, and has so many ways to kill her.

What can Star do here? I can't figure out how this thing works, even with the above video.

I mean, this thing is also immortale as well. Type 4, and has so many ways to kill her.

What can Star do here? I can't figure out how this thing works, even with the above video.
Essentially Baba can set up laws by pushing nouns, operators, and properties into a sentence. For example : BABA IS WIN allows him to instantaneously win which is why I restricted it.

There is always going to be a block with the word BABA in the map. If Star can find it, she can just touch the air and apply a rule that paralyzes Baba since he still needs to physically move to affect laws. Baba will probably have a BABA IS EMPTY sentence in the map as it essentially causes him to embody the air, making him immune to her air giant (He won't directly attack in character)

Can't she just apply a law that makes him can't move? Like "Baba will be paralyzed if he touches a word block"
No, it's been agreed that Star in versus threads cannot use any ability she hasn't shown in universe. Her Quirk has a large amount of limits and we shouldn't make assumptions about what she can do. So Star can't do anything that isn't on her profile. Unless we're talking about lesser things, like a 100X size giant or something.

No, it's been agreed that Star in versus threads cannot use any ability she hasn't shown in universe. Her Quirk has a large amount of limits and we shouldn't make assumptions about what she can do. So Star can't do anything that isn't on her profile. Unless we're talking about lesser things, like a 100X size giant or something.
Well if that's the case, she has applied a rule to someone that gives them a heart attack if they use their quirk, right?

She can apply a rule to a person that'll stops their heart if they move at all.

How would she learn its name, and can she learn its name, touch it, and call out her rule before it kills her?

Actually does this thing even have heart?

She can apply a rule to a person that'll stops their heart if they move at all.

How would she learn its name, and can she learn its name, touch it, and call out her rule before it kills her?

Actually does this thing even have heart?
He's a sheep, so yes.

Also
There is always going to be a block with the word BABA in the map. If Star can find it, she can just touch the air and apply a rule on Baba since he still needs to physically move to affect laws. Baba will probably have a BABA IS EMPTY sentence in the map as it essentially causes him to embody the air, making him immune to her air giant, at least temporarily (He won't directly attack in character)
Star has demonstrated control over the air though it won't work at the start because the air is now Baba. If she finds it, she can take control of Baba since he is the air and therefore win without killing him

She can't take over all of the air in existence or something. Or is there a limited amount of air or something?

Why would she be looking for things like that anyway? I assume your giving them prior knowledge of each other?

She can't take over all of the air in existence or something. Or is there a limited amount of air or something?

Why would she be looking for things like that anyway? I assume your giving them prior knowledge of each other?
If it's not a word in the english language, it's probably a name and if it's the only name in a dark void-like space with multiple word blocks which is inhabited by this air sheep, it's probably his name. Baba is a legitimate name if I recall

And yes, the world has limited air, based on the size of the map which isn't that big

This entire match is way too much for my brain, I'm leaving.

I legit don't understand this thing, so I'll let... knowledgeable people handle this.

This entire match is way too much for my brain, I'm leaving.

I legit don't understand this thing, so I'll let... knowledgeable people handle this.
Look if you have a question, I have enough rudimentary knowledge about Baba to answer it

But if you're tired it's fine, I'll wait for someone else, again...

I was asked to participate here. I'm not very familiar with Baba, & even less familiar with Stars & Stripes.

I was asked to participate here. I'm not very familiar with Baba, & even less familiar with Stars & Stripes.
Welcome to the party.
The only assistance I was given was a speedrun video which made it even more confusing.

Weren't you in the CRT for Baba? That's why I thought you were knowledgeable
Was I?

But anyway, from what I understand, what Laws Baba can apply are based on what are available around him.

Fight takes place in a 50x50 noun block wide empty plain
Empty? Is there air? Light?
Baba has access to all unrestricted noun blocks
What are the noun blocks again? I know what a noun is, but not which blocks this includes.
Both characters have 2 minutes of prep time
The block with the word "Cathleen Bate" will exist at the start of the match in the middle of the arena (One thing to note is that assuming Baba has encountered Keke and has manipulated his noun block, the sheep would know that any word that isn't a noun, operator, or property is a name)
How many meters is a block?
The ALL, LEVEL, WIN, DEFEAT, END, TEXT, and DONE words are restricted

I'm not even sure if this can be added. But oh well, why not
Also, what happens if Baba makes "BABA IS CATHLEEN BATE"? It might not be in-character, but could Baba make her surrender that way?

Empty? Is there air? Light?
It simply means there is only air or in this case, EMPTY
What are the noun blocks again? I know what a noun is, but not which blocks this includes.
Here is the list of nouns as well as their explanation
How many meters is a block?
Baba can move at a speed of 9 blocks/second. He is listed as peak human which can include 10m/s. That means a block should be about a meter in width and length
Also, what happens if Baba makes "BABA IS CATHLEEN BATE"? It might not be in-character, but could Baba make her surrender that way?
He would take over her in the same manner that he can take over Keke. That does however require him to move the BABA IS YOU block and he'd probably use easier methods

Last edited:
It simply means there is only air or in this case, EMPTY

Here is the list of nouns as well as their explanation
Thanks.
Baba can move at a speed of 9 blocks/second. He is listed as peak human which can include 10m/s. That means a block should be about a meter in width and length
So....
Baba is 50 meters away from the Cathleen Bate block, & 20 meters away from Cathleen. That correct?
He would take over her in the same manner that he can take over Keke. That does however require him to move the BABA IS YOU block and he'd probably use easier methods
Since she's closer to Baba than her associated block, what stops her intercepting Baba trying to reach her Block, touching him, & doing something like "You cannot move".

Baba can't move, he can't push, & is effectively harmless for the remaining 24 hours, right? Thus, Cathleen wins by Incapacitation?
Would she do something like this in-character?

Since she's closer to Baba than her associated block, what stops her intercepting Baba trying to reach her Block, touching him, & doing something like "You cannot move".

Baba can't move, he can't push, & is effectively harmless for the remaining 24 hours, right? Thus, Cathleen wins by Incapacitation?
Would she do something like this in-character?
BABA IS EMPTY makes him intangible (since he's a part of the air) to anything except blocks with the PUSH property (Which includes default text). Also Star and Stripe needs to know the name of the object/person to apply a law on them

But yes, it does seem like something she'd do in-character

She can't paralyze people, we don't make assumptions about her Quirk due to her large amount of limits. She can only perform laws that she has shown in the series itself, we have no idea if she can paralyze someone. She can make a rule that if someone moves their heart will stop. Which is better than paralyzation... usually.

Back