• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The revision kinda just involves one thing: A profile change. The Player from Ultimate Custom Night is regarded as a non-canon character from a non-canon game, and as a separate character from Afton. This is not the case. In the ending of FNaF 6, once everyone is burning to death, Henry specifically states to Scraptrap that he will be in the deepest part of hell. Which is what UCN is, Afton's hell.

In the old man consequences easter egg, you can even hear William shouting out for help to Michael, his son, in the background. Which would prove that this is in-fact Afton.

So I suggest that the UCN Player should be deleted and just merged with Afton as a separate key. It should also be noted that any mentions of UCN being non-canon should also be removed.

I agree
I also wanna merge all Animatronic pages that have the same powers and stats for a tea

I also wanna say that the books should be treated as a secondary canon since what they use originally in-book either adds up with the games or is used later. Even Afton's name was first revealed in the book and later used in SL.

I've been wanting to do this as well, but the problem still stands that it's never been confirmed, even if it's highly implied that the victim is indeed William, especially after the release of The Man in Room 1280. So I'm not sure if the admins would allow it considering it's still technically headcanon

No I mean merging pages like Freddy, Bonny and Chica alongside any animatronic that has the same exact stats and abilities across the board to one

So basically you're wanting more profiles like The Animatronics (The Fright Dome: Five Nights at Freddy's). Again, I do agree that it's a little annoying for there to be so many identical profiles especially when they're not used. It's a similar issue Pokemon has in too many characters that lack any usage

The problem with that arrives in stacking potentially large numbers of characters into a single profile. As that then requires those profiles to be used as a group in vs threads rather than individuals.

Plus also, now that UCN and Special Delivery have been added to their profiles as different keys, that gives some previously lacking diversity to the games profiles and would otherwise need to be made into different profiles which would just adding more profiles than we already have.

No not a group profile, just have it be "FNAF Animatronic" and have it list of all the generic ass animatronics that have no special traits

I've been wanting to do this as well, but the problem still stands that it's never been confirmed, even if it's highly implied that the victim is indeed William, especially after the release of The Man in Room 1280. So I'm not sure if the admins would allow it considering it's still technically headcanon
Here's the issue with using The Man: The fact that we hear Afton screaming specifically for his son and Henry. Considering how UCN is the next game to FNaF 6, it just links up. Unless he has some type of reaction with Michael and Henry, I'm not sure why it would be him.

I agree with the OP. No idea why UCN would be seen as non-canon and it's pretty explicit that the player is William. (I know there's a school of thought that it's Micheal and there is some proof for it, but those can be written off relatively easily, not to mention Micheal has no reason to call for help from himself!)
With the books, I believe either a guide or Scott himself claimed they were canon, but I don't remember the specifics too well so I'll leave that up for the others to decide.

Scott himself says that tue books don't follow the games 100%, and that it's an alternate universe. Basically there was stuff he wants to add in the original games, but couldn't, so he made book for it. So I would say the novels are a secondary canon.

I already said I agree with it. I personally agree 100% with how Matpat's been treating the new books so far, with most of the stories just being a parallel rather than an actual telling of how things happened in the games verse.

I think UCN protag who may be Afton should be a different page, but with the same thing which links FT Natsu and 100YQ Natsu or DBZ and S Goku.

Yeah, the multiple standpoints of secondary canon really help support the UCN Player and William being the same character. I agree to the OP.

Also, on the topic of this post by Tllmbrg:
No not a group profile, just have it be "FNAF Animatronic" and have it list of all the generic ass animatronics that have no special traits
There's multiple reasons why I wholeheartedly think this is stupid, but I'll just state the most obvious one.

You are basically asking to create a FNAF composite profile. And, as you may or may not remember, composite profiles are not allowed on the wiki. So, easily disagree with this suggestion.

Is it really a composite when literally the only difference between all this characters are just how they look?

Are there, in fact, multiple kinds of "generic" Animatronics? Especially those without official names nor titles for them? If so, aren't there means for us to distinguish them, especially for naming theoretical profiles for them? Colours? Accessories? Proportions? Behaviour?

The only things that you could possibly make a case for is the generic Endo-Skeletons seen throughout the franchise, but most notably from FNAF: Special Delivery. Aside from that, each of the animatronics have their own style and personality that would be utterly glossed over if they were combined into a singular composite profile.

For instance, take the original FNAF cast. Bonnie is a patient stalker who takes his sweet time approaching the office, while Chica is a slightly more aggressive in her approach. Freddy obviously is the smartest, as he actively avoids the cameras and hides in the shadows on his approach to the office, and I need not speak for Foxy or Golden Freddy. These differences matter just as much in every game afterward, with each of them having a particular style of approach and attack.

So, I'm still in disagreement.

Golden Freddy and Foxy have stats differences anyways so they'd not be included, also if not all animatronics can we at least combine the Toy animatronics?
Literally everything on the profile the same between the 3 outside images, and they're all 3 programmed unlike other animatronics which makes them rather similar

If it doesn't hurt and gives correct statistics why even go through the work of merging for a profile? Honestly this sounds moreso subjective then a legitimate objective reason for removing it.

It encourages other people to make in other verses pages which are in the same vein as this, aka characters that have the same power sets and stats with minor differences at best which imo we shouldn't allow

Okay, time to justify the Toy animatronics now.

First off, obviously Toy Freddy stands out as he approaches from the front hall and has a similar attack pattern to the Withered animatronics. Toy Bonnie is notable for being the first out the gate, similar to Classic Bonnie, as well as hovering in front of your face when he enters the office while you're wearing the mask. Toy Chica has a removable beak, which is how you see her most of the time except for when she first exits the stage, and unlike Toy Bonnie, she doesn't hover in front of you when she enters the office while you're wearing the mask.

They have similar builds, but they all have slightly variable forms of attack and personality.

Tllm we Already mentioned how that idea wouldn’t ever fly and there’s no reason to essentially make a composite FNaF profile especially for such little reason as “muh space” when its not like we have limited space here dude.

It encourages other people to make in other verses pages which are in the same vein as this, aka characters that have the same power sets and stats with minor differences at best which imo we shouldn't allow
Cool, that’s your opinion. Not the site opinion though.

Yeah, I mean even it being Afton is a theory (although I'm 100% with Matpat's interpretation), a key would be maybe too close
How is it a theory when we hear Afton screaming in the background. Who else would specifically call Michael and Henry?

How is it a theory when we hear Afton screaming in the background. Who else would specifically call Michael and Henry?
I mean, it could be the same situation as people Springtrap appearing while Mike was talking and everyone thinking Miketrap was a thing.

Not likely, but still a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back