• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sportacus vs Gyarados (speed equalized)

Gyarados advantages:

-While both combatants can increase their statistics, Gyarados should take it in that category due to not only being able to stack the effects of its stat boosts on top of one another, but being able to lower that of its opponent's as well.

-Much better versatility that is bound to catch Sportacus off guard, as Sportacus has little to no experience dealing with giant water serpents with fire/ice/energy breath, weather manipulation, wind manipulation, and the ability to inflict status conditions.

-While Gyarados doesn't have the arms to protect it in CQC, it's ability, "Tenacity", which causes opponents to flinch upon contact, should cover for that as well.

Sportacus advantages:

-Has vastly superior range by virtue of hitting an apple to the moon with a raquet, and can fly on his Sky Chaser Scooter.

-Likely has the stamina to keep up with Gyarados.

-His superior lifting strength means that he could grab Gyarados by the tail, as a great pyramid is likely much heavier than 518 lbs if you ask me, and Gyarados would be at his mercy.

The verdict:

I think Sportacus takes it with high difficulty. While Gyarados will likely have an immense AP advantage in the long run and its versatility is more than enough to keep Sportacus on his toes, I think his stamina would be able pull through eventually, as sooner or later Gyarados will resort to using Hyper Beam at some point, and will tire out, leaving him open for Sportacus to keep wailing on him until he wins, if not just grab it by the tail and impale it on a skyscraper or something.

Sportacus wins with high difficulty.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
I gotta hand it to Gyarados, as Gyarados's stat amplification (via Dragon Dance) would be just the boost he needs to put down Sportacus.
Sportacus has sports candy which does the same thing.

Jinx666 said:
Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
I gotta hand it to Gyarados, as Gyarados's stat amplification (via Dragon Dance) would be just the boost he needs to put down Sportacus.
Sportacus has sports candy which does the same thing.
Well like I said, Gyarados trumps him in that category by being able to repeatedly stack his stat boosts on top of each other, which I don't recall Sportacus ever being able to do. Plus Gyarados can also lower his opponent's stats as well, so while Sportacus can temporarily boost his physical stats, Gyarados' will keep on rising through consecutive boosts.

However, I still think Sportacus takes it here because at some point he's going to dodge a Hyper Beam and Gyarados will be left wide open to be repeatedly pummeled into submission.

Does Sportacus have like, any battle tactics or instict? Even if he did, I doubt it would be enough to stop a being who's genetic desire is to burn everything to the ground.

Not to my knowledge, he doesn't.

But with his lifting strength, he should be capable of throwing Gyarados into the sky or something like that. That's all he has to do if he wants to win this.

Not sure if I can see him trying that or not, though.

Back