• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sportacus Can't Believe a Shrimp Fried This Rice! (Sportacus VS Velvet Shrimp) 0 - 0 - 0

XitSign

He/Him
"And is your meal to your liking, sir?" The waiter would ask with a polite smile.

Sportacus nodded in return, giving his own bright smile, "I am, yes! It's very delicious, and the mixture of grains, vegetables, and seafood provide a blend of much needed vitamins and nutrients! It does have a little too much fat, however, I'd love to recommend some options to reduce how much is used in this...What was this dish called, again?"

"Why that is the shrimp fried rice, sir," The waiter answered.

"Ha! What a good joke. But you can't expect me to be fooled so easily. A shrimp couldn't have possibly fried this rice," Sportacus let out a good-natured laugh, shaking his head.

"N-No, sir, it is not actually fried by a-" The waiter attempted to explain, but Sportacus had already stood up and began making his way to the kitchen.

"I'll just check in to see who the real chef is, and possibly discuss options for healthier eating!" Sportacus said as he opened the door.

However, once he'd entered the kitchen, Velvet Shrimp would turn in surprise, the creature standing next to a frying pan of the dish in question, it's black, beady eyes staring at Sportacus in shock.

Sportacus returned that shocked stare before he leap through the air, flipping several times before striking a fighting pose, "...You."

---

I promised I'd keep this meme going, and I am...I am genuinely shocked that while browsing the 8-B tag I didn't just see Sportacus, but that he's 8-B+, with two calcs for the rating too! I instantly knew what I had to do, the food related joke wrote itself.

Sportacus VS Velvet Shrimp, Sportacus has already eaten a Sports Candy and Velvet Shrimp is in its base key, both are 8-B, fight starts at 5 meters, and speed is equalized

The Moral Of The Week Is to Eat Less Fats: 0

A Delicious Seafood Stir-fry: 0

They Work Together To Make Healthy Eating Delicious and Fun: 0

Looking at Velvet Shrimp:
  • Fire Orbs: Fire Element monsters can tap into Fire Orbs in the atmosphere to unleash Fire energy attacks
  • Mass Attack: An attack that can hit multiple targets at once, triggered by linking 5 or more Orbs of the same color
  • Heal Orbs: All monsters in Puzzle and Dragons can tap into Heal Orbs in the atmosphere to heal themselves or to create forcefields
  • Jump Up: An attack that deals 1.2x damage
1. What's it's in-character behaviour, if that's known?
2. How easily can it tap into which orbs?
3. How likely is it to seize such orb using opportunities?
4. Is Jump Up's 1.2x modifier applied to the Shrimp's Attack Potency/Striking Strength? (Ex: With a Striking Strength of 100, Jump Up would be 120?) Or is Jump Up's boost factored into its AP?
5. Is Jump Up an attack not-based on orbs?

Checking stats....
So, Shrimp scales as more or less comparable to this?:
331,105,611,600 Joules - City Block Level

& Sportacus has 2 Calcs, so let's look at them....
251,108,516,400 J = 60.0163758 ton TNT (City Block level+)
Looking at the comments for the latter, in particular, the most recent, it seems like there's some contention in the comments about Sportacus's Pyramid feat.
If it is acceptable as is, the yield is apparently 373,823,773,585 joules/89.3460261914436 tons, or City Block Level+.

Nonetheless, I'm a little concerned. In part, because having 2 calcs for the same tier confuses me a little; Would it mean Sportacus's rating in that tier varies?? Based on what?

Anyway:

Velvet Shrimp:
More or less comparable to another monster's feat calculated at 331,105,611,600 Joules
Sportacus:
Has his own Calcs, 1 rated at 251,108,516,400 Joules & accepted, & the other seemingly a little contentious but rated at 373,823,773,585 joules.

So either the shrimp is about 1.318x times stronger, or Sportacus is about 1.129x times stronger.
Assuming we're not, like, using the average of Sportacus's two calcs or such.

Relatedly, the Lifting Strength matchup:
Velvet Shrimp
Lifting Strength: Unknown

Sportacus:
Lifting Strength: Unknown normally, Class G with Sports Candy (Lifted a large pyramid and towed a space shuttle with the help of Sports Candy)

A bit concerning because the Class G rating comes from the more contentious calc.
But given that the less ambigously accepted calc is about Sportacus sending a space shuttle from the moon to Earth, presumably done under his own power, & as the calc said, "A typical space shuttle should weigh at least 88,662 kg", perhaps Sportacus scales to that value?
A lot less than Class G, but probably better than Unknown, at least.

On the topic of combat, how do the shrimp's ranged attacks work? Orbs in the world & such, right? Do its attacks come in waves? Are they omnidirectional? Beams? Balls?

Reason I ask is this seems pertinent:

Speed: At least Subsonic (Outraced a cannonball. Is able to constantly react to his own zeppelin's practice sequence, which can shoot things at extremely high speeds. Was scientifically measured to be able to run 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten, assuming Robbie is as fast as the average human (15 mph without tire), despite being very unfit, Sportacus should be able to run 340.6 mph)

Plus I recall that Sportacus does not only trounce but also likes to bounce & flounce, all about. Dude is very active, & apparently his own training involves reacting to projectiles.
He also had the precision to hit an apple to the moon, using a baseball bat:

BTW, does this apply to sensing danger to himself? Enhanced Senses (Can sense danger with crystal)

Sportacus might be able to give the Shrimp a run for its money in the ranged department, even with its small size.
& his athleticism & skill seem relevant.

So the shimp will probably need to have some good in-character behaviour, & probably a lot of potency/skill with its orb useage, I'd bet.

As is, I'm leaning towards favouring old Sportaflop.

1. What's it's in-character behaviour, if that's known?
Typically, using Orbs as much as possible. This is generally used to launch more powerful Fire-based energy blasts and heal, but can also be used for forcefields to block attacks or trigger the AOE 'Mass Attack' attack. PAD characters tend to try to score their 'combos' to trigger Damage Boosts, and will do so in-character fairly often.
2. How easily can it tap into which orbs?
3. How likely is it to seize such orb using opportunities?
Velvet Shrimp can only use Fire and Heal, the use of other Orbs trigger 'combos' however so they can technically use all of them. And this is relatively easy, PAD characters are able to use them fairly regularly in-combat, and the air is full of a constantly resupplying supply being drawn from the planet itself. It took 3 planet's populations worth being at war to drain a planet, so Velvet Shrimp has very little worry using them.
4. Is Jump Up's 1.2x modifier applied to the Shrimp's Attack Potency/Striking Strength? (Ex: With a Striking Strength of 100, Jump Up would be 120?) Or is Jump Up's boost factored into its AP?
5. Is Jump Up an attack not-based on orbs?
Jump Up is an attack that doesn't use Orbs, PAD characters have techniques that don't use Orb energy, and can fight 'normal' if they are every deprived of Orbs for some reason. Velvet Shrimp is one of the more limited examples of these characters, it can't do much other than try to ram into you and fire normal energy blasts without Orbs. And yes, the multiplier is beyond it's normal attacks, making Jump Up a harder hitting attack...Though 1.2x isn't much so it's not some crazy strong attack or anything
Checking stats....
So, Shrimp scales as more or less comparable to this?:
331,105,611,600 Joules - City Block Level

& Sportacus has 2 Calcs, so let's look at them....
251,108,516,400 J = 60.0163758 ton TNT (City Block level+)
Looking at the comments for the latter, in particular, the most recent, it seems like there's some contention in the comments about Sportacus's Pyramid feat.
If it is acceptable as is, the yield is apparently 373,823,773,585 joules/89.3460261914436 tons, or City Block Level+.

Nonetheless, I'm a little concerned. In part, because having 2 calcs for the same tier confuses me a little; Would it mean Sportacus's rating in that tier varies?? Based on what?
It seems we normally assume that a higher calc is the one used when a character has more than one calc in the same ballpark, since it's reasonable to assume that the lower calc was more casual and the higher calc they had to try harder. So they'd both be valid.

However...If the comments for the pyramid feat are contested, Lazy Town might need a CRT of some sort? I genuinely didn't notice that, so that's my bad! We need to make sure the calc is solid then...
Anyway:

Velvet Shrimp:
More or less comparable to another monster's feat calculated at 331,105,611,600 Joules
Sportacus:
Has his own Calcs, 1 rated at 251,108,516,400 Joules & accepted, & the other seemingly a little contentious but rated at 373,823,773,585 joules.

So either the shrimp is about 1.318x times stronger, or Sportacus is about 1.129x times stronger.
Assuming we're not, like, using the average of Sportacus's two calcs or such.
Regardless that's correct, their APs are ridiculously close to the point of being nearly non-factors, which is part of why I liked how this matchup worked out. Velvet Shrimp can damage boost to give itself the edge, but it's still very neck and neck surprisingly.
Relatedly, the Lifting Strength matchup:
Velvet Shrimp
Lifting Strength: Unknown

Sportacus:
Lifting Strength: Unknown normally, Class G with Sports Candy (Lifted a large pyramid and towed a space shuttle with the help of Sports Candy)

A bit concerning because the Class G rating comes from the more contentious calc.
But given that the less ambigously accepted calc is about Sportacus sending a space shuttle from the moon to Earth, presumably done under his own power, & as the calc said, "A typical space shuttle should weigh at least 88,662 kg", perhaps Sportacus scales to that value?
A lot less than Class G, but probably better than Unknown, at least.
Regardless, thanks to PAD for some reason having basically no good lifting feats, Sportacus should have the advantage no matter what stat is correct. He can absolutely hold down Velvet Shrimp, he just needs to avoid getting burned.
On the topic of combat, how do the shrimp's ranged attacks work? Orbs in the world & such, right? Do its attacks come in waves? Are they omnidirectional? Beams? Balls?

Reason I ask is this seems pertinent:

Speed: At least Subsonic (Outraced a cannonball. Is able to constantly react to his own zeppelin's practice sequence, which can shoot things at extremely high speeds. Was scientifically measured to be able to run 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten, assuming Robbie is as fast as the average human (15 mph without tire), despite being very unfit, Sportacus should be able to run 340.6 mph)

Plus I recall that Sportacus does not only trounce but also likes to bounce & flounce, all about. Dude is very active, & apparently his own training involves reacting to projectiles.
He also had the precision to hit an apple to the moon, using a baseball bat:
In PAD weaker energy blasts are just that, they shoot ball projectiles or streams of the element, so very focused attacks. However they can use more Orbs at the same time to trigger the 'Mass Attack', an AOE attack meant for attacking several targets at once all at the same time. Sportacus's athletics are a boon for the weaker attacks, and will assist with dodging, however the stronger attacks will be far harder, if not impossible, to dodge.
BTW, does this apply to sensing danger to himself? Enhanced Senses (Can sense danger with crystal)

Sportacus might be able to give the Shrimp a run for its money in the ranged department, even with its small size.
& his athleticism & skill seem relevant.

So the shimp will probably need to have some good in-character behaviour, & probably a lot of potency/skill with its orb useage, I'd bet.

As is, I'm leaning towards favouring old Sportaflop.
Understood, hope everything I posted is helpful

Do we have any Lazytown experts to contact?

Also, I suppose I should ask: Could the shrimp do orb manipulating if Sportacus physically restrained it?

I don't know any, we'd have to hit up the verse page!

Yes, characters have shown the ability to move and match orbs with thought-based actions. So Sportacus can grab and restrain it, but if he does he might get a point blank fireball for his efforts.

I don't know any, we'd have to hit up the verse page!
Apologies for any bother. Checking there & looking them up on the forum....
(Posted on forums about 10 days ago, but apparently very busy IRL.)
(Can't find on forums, last Wiki Activity seems to be from August 21st, 2022.)
(Active within the last week.)
(Last posted on forums on January 8th.)
(Both active within the last week.)

Should I contact 1 or more of 'em?
Yes, characters have shown the ability to move and match orbs with thought-based actions. So Sportacus can grab and restrain it, but if he does he might get a point blank fireball for his efforts.
That might be troubling. I'm not sure if Sportacus ever goes for anything besides capturing/restraining in-character, which means he might try his usual stuff, tie up the shrimp or hold it tight, thinking he's got it, then maybe gets his back blasted, or sees a blast come from out of the corner of his eye to narrowly dodge. Assuming the shrimp doesn't pull off a big combo & just make like, a wave of fire too big to dodge while Sportacus thinks he has it.

I doubt he goes for like, choking or tearing apart or other such LS-based harm methods.
Heck, thinking on it, maybe Sportacus would relish the challenge of dodging the fireballs.

How DOES Sportacus beat villains when he can't just tie them up or lock them up or such?
Would he tennis projectile them into submission? Actually go for LS-based harm? Try to cook the shrimp itself on the stove, since the OP's story puts them in a kitchen?
Throw it far far away? Does he even have the LS for that, & couldn't the shrimp come back? (Or just use its range to attack from afar & then Sportacus realizes he's not done yet?)
Would he try to play hackey-sack with the shrimp as the ball?

I think Sportacus is probably gonna go for a lot of dodging but try to get in close, maybe using projectiles to attack, or maybe to TRY to counter before he realizes that fire beats tennis balls. (Maybe he'll try rocks?)
Still, I'd suspect he'd want to get in close to restrain the shrimp, & when that fails to work, he'll probably realize he has to knock it out or such to be safe.

In a contest of skill, I'd be confident Sportacus could make the approach, & at least do considerable damage with projectiles, for at least long enough to approach in spite of the the threat of big orb combo AoE attacks from time to time.

He could then beat it down or outdo it in physical skill, especially if he exploits his LS advantage.
Perhaps tying it up in the rope of his grappling hook or something, to keep it from getting away?

He'd just primarily need to realize he still has to dodge even if he restrains the shrimp, & beat it down, & so long as the shrimp can't outheal his damage, he should be able to win. (He'd also need to not exhaust his Sports Candy powerup, presuming he doesn't have more handy.)

Apologies for any bother. Checking there & looking them up on the forum....
(Posted on forums about 10 days ago, but apparently very busy IRL.)
(Can't find on forums, last Wiki Activity seems to be from August 21st, 2022.)
(Active within the last week.)
(Last posted on forums on January 8th.)
(Both active within the last week.)

Should I contact 1 or more of 'em?
I see no reason not to!
That might be troubling. I'm not sure if Sportacus ever goes for anything besides capturing/restraining in-character, which means he might try his usual stuff, tie up the shrimp or hold it tight, thinking he's got it, then maybe gets his back blasted, or sees a blast come from out of the corner of his eye to narrowly dodge. Assuming the shrimp doesn't pull off a big combo & just make like, a wave of fire too big to dodge while Sportacus thinks he has it.
Very possible, the Mass Attack only takes 5 Orbs to trigger and it becomes an AOE attack. That isn't a huge skill strain in-verse.
I doubt he goes for like, choking or tearing apart or other such LS-based harm methods.
Heck, thinking on it, maybe Sportacus would relish the challenge of dodging the fireballs.

How DOES Sportacus beat villains when he can't just tie them up or lock them up or such?
Would he tennis projectile them into submission? Actually go for LS-based harm? Try to cook the shrimp itself on the stove, since the OP's story puts them in a kitchen?
Throw it far far away? Does he even have the LS for that, & couldn't the shrimp come back? (Or just use its range to attack from afar & then Sportacus realizes he's not done yet?)
Would he try to play hackey-sack with the shrimp as the ball?
Honestly, hard to say what Sportacus would do in-character. I only remember him from my childhood, but I mainly remember him normally going for the capture method, so if he realizes that might be dicey here, I'm not totally sure what the next step would be...

If Sportacus does try to go for the throw, that'd be bad news...PAD character's energy blasts have been able to hit one another over a kilometer in distance, so he's given Velvet Shrimp a favorable position in that case.
I think Sportacus is probably gonna go for a lot of dodging but try to get in close, maybe using projectiles to attack, or maybe to TRY to counter before he realizes that fire beats tennis balls. (Maybe he'll try rocks?)
Still, I'd suspect he'd want to get in close to restrain the shrimp, & when that fails to work, he'll probably realize he has to knock it out or such to be safe.

In a contest of skill, I'd be confident Sportacus could make the approach, & at least do considerable damage with projectiles, for at least long enough to approach in spite of the the threat of big orb combo AoE attacks from time to time.

He could then beat it down or outdo it in physical skill, especially if he exploits his LS advantage.
Perhaps tying it up in the rope of his grappling hook or something, to keep it from getting away?

He'd just primarily need to realize he still has to dodge even if he restrains the shrimp, & beat it down, & so long as the shrimp can't outheal his damage, he should be able to win. (He'd also need to not exhaust his Sports Candy powerup, presuming he doesn't have more handy.)
With them having similar APs, and Velvet Shrimp being able to both heal and make forcefields, that might end up being a very tricky ask. LS advantage does mean he might be able to get good crushing damage in, since I believe losing the LS matchup means you're less likely to resist that type of damage, but he does need to get his hands on a literial shrimp with a forcefield and avoid getting burned.

Not sure tying Velvet Shrimp up with a rope is feesible given it's small size...Plus its fire element will likely just burn it right up.

It's just the crystal. There's an episode where he lost it and he wasn't able to tell if anyone was in trouble. Most of the time, the crystal just warns him that someone is in trouble and he makes an assumption on who it is. To my knowledge, it doesn't give out specifics on where or who it's coming from.

Back