• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
I thought this match would be interesting to see, so I decided to make it.

Spongebob vs Johnny Test

Base 8-B versions will be used (25.2 tons vs 59.43 tons)

Spongebob's optional equipment will be restricted.

Johnny, on the other hand, will have all of his equipment.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Porkbelly.

Johnny: 2 (JustANormalLemon, Imaginym)

Spongebob: 9 (GoCommitDi, ColonelSlyBanjo, Shadyboi0, The_Almighty_Wholesome, Psychomaster35, NomsNoms, TyranoDoom30, Knifeman29, MistaClean)

Incon:

16-9.jpg

OIP.vaY4lI3ut9qPCgXkKb65WgHaEo

Last edited:
What does Johnny lead with?
He leads with Martial Arts, but if he sees that his opponent is equipped, bigger, and/or stronger than him, he won't hesitate to use his equipment. He is very prone to using his equipment in battle.

Spongebob is smaller, not equipped, and is not stronger than Johnny, so Johnny will lead with Martial Arts.

I'm not sure what Johnny's hax would do to put down SpongeBob.

Mind/Morality Manipulation is already negged by SpongeBob's fairly good resistance to it, Type 1 Acausality should deal with having his memories wiped, Duplication is what SpongeBob can do but better, and while Sleep Manipulation could affect SpongeBob (though you can argue he can shake that off), I doubt Johnny's gonna pull it off since SpongeBob's passive luck exists. And even without it, SpongeBob isn't gonna let himself be close to smoke in a fight.

Johnny leading with martial arts isn't a good idea since not only does SpongeBob have Mid-High regen, but SpongeBob regularly spars with Sandy, who's trained by Fuzzy Acorns. Fuzzy himself has a blacker belt, which is obviously superior to the black belt. SpongeBob is also a lot more bold in strategy than Johnny is.

I'm not sure what Johnny's hax would do to put down SpongeBob.

Mind/Morality Manipulation is already negged by SpongeBob's fairly good resistance to it, Type 1 Acausality should deal with having his memories wiped, Duplication is what SpongeBob can do but better, and while Sleep Manipulation could affect SpongeBob (though you can argue he can shake that off), I doubt Johnny's gonna pull it off since SpongeBob's passive luck exists. And even without it, SpongeBob isn't gonna let himself be close to smoke in a fight.

Johnny leading with martial arts isn't a good idea since not only does SpongeBob have Mid-High regen, but SpongeBob regularly spars with Sandy, who's trained by Fuzzy Acorns. Fuzzy himself has a blacker belt, which is obviously superior to the black belt. SpongeBob is also a lot more bold in strategy than Johnny is.
I'll respond to this later or tomorrow.

Johnny has Martial arts, SpongeBob has Karate I think either can strike hits at each other. Rather what does Johnny Test really start with? or Spongebob?
the toon sponge is a lot difficult to defeat than a toon human. he absorbs impact like a shield.
Sponge is likely to win if both are going Full peak.

I love this matchup - cartoon network vs nickelodeon! we need more toon vs toon action

1. Using Martial Arts wouldn't be good for both because Johnny has no counter for Mid-High, and Spongebob does not have enough AP to deal good damage to Johnny. They're both equal in skill. Spongebob is a blacker belt, and Johnny has shown to have Ninja DNA. So if this was a battle of Martial Arts, it'd be a tie.

2. Isn't Morality Manip different from Mind Manip? Johnny's Attitude Alternator makes anyone's personality do a 180. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Spongebob has resisted anything like that. I could be wrong, though.

3. Johnny's more reliant on his stronger hax than Spongebob, so he'll use them quicker.

4. Johnny's Sleep Manip does not use smoke. It shoots out a laser, and the target that's hit goes to sleep for 8 straight hours.

5. Spongebob has no counter for Transmutation, Time Manip, Time Stop, Possession, and the Super Smarty Pants (which was shown to make him smarter than his sisters). The only thing that helps Spongebob here is his luck.

1. Using Martial Arts wouldn't be good for both because Johnny has no counter for Mid-High, and Spongebob does not have enough AP to deal good damage to Johnny. They're both equal in skill. Spongebob is a blacker belt, and Johnny has shown to have Ninja DNA. So if this was a battle of Martial Arts, it'd be a tie.
I..I think that having Ninja DNA is better than black belt in karate, but thats maybe just my fictional knowledge about Ninjas lmao

Hmm…… Does usually Johnny start with his hax that’s gonna kill Spongebob? If not, then Spongebob has the regeneration and hax to put Johnny down.
1. In this situation, no. Johnny will not start off with his equipment, but he's very reliant on it, so it wouldn't take long for him to use them.

2. SpongeBob uses his most powerful hax as a last resort.

1. In this situation, no. Johnny will not start off with his equipment, but he's very reliant on it, so it wouldn't take long for him to use them.

2. SpongeBob uses his most powerful hax as a last resort.
True but like said before, Spongebob is FAR more experienced than Johnny and has counters of his own. Even if Johnny figures out Martial Art isn’t going to work, Spongebob’s luck could counter Johnny’s hax. And it’s only a matter of time until SB uses his hax. Even if you argue that “Bob only uses his hax as a last resort”, Johnny would have to use specific inventions for something to be effective against Bob, and I think if Sponge saw different types of lasers, bombs, and gadgets, getting shot at him, he would try to defend himself lol. Plus Sponge at the very least has many resistances to Johnny’s hax, while Johnny has no resistances to hax like Sponge’s: Transmutation, FAR better toon force, Reality Warping, Plot Manipulation, Supernatural luck and Probability manipulation, regeneration, duplication, immersion, many types of bubbles formations, sand manipulation, can make sand and bubble people, size manipulation, and more. I’m voting Spongebob for my reasons and FRA.

Yeah, it seems in-character for SpongeBob to go with Sand Manipulation if karate doesn't work (I don't see why it wouldn't though), since there's an entire episode dedicated to him using it offensively against Patrick. Johnny's not gonna reach SpongeBob the moment he assaults him from a sand airplane.

Btw, SpongeBob being smaller than Johnny isn't a very good argument. SpongeBob can easily increase his size with either his absorption or stretchy body. It's part of his character anyway. And as I've said in a few threads, being smaller means SpongeBob will be a harder target to hit.

True but like said before, Spongebob is FAR more experienced than Johnny and has counters of his own. Even if Johnny figures out Martial Art isn’t going to work, Spongebob’s luck could counter Johnny’s hax. And it’s only a matter of time until SB uses his hax. Even if you argue that “Bob only uses his hax as a last resort”, Johnny would have to use specific inventions for something to be effective against Bob, and I think if Sponge saw different types of lasers, bombs, and gadgets, getting shot at him, he would try to defend himself lol. Plus Sponge at the very least has many resistances to Johnny’s hax, while Johnny has no resistances to hax like Sponge’s: Transmutation, FAR better toon force, Reality Warping, Plot Manipulation, Supernatural luck and Probability manipulation, regeneration, duplication, immersion, many types of bubbles formations, sand manipulation, can make sand and bubble people, size manipulation, and more. I’m voting Spongebob for my reasons and FRA.
Spongebob only resists Johnny's Mind Manip. That's literally it. Everything else is kinda fair game. Only thing that helps Spongebob from Johnny's hax is his luck. I don't think Spongebob is fast enough to dodge lasers lol. Speed is equal after all. Plus, does Spongebob have good luck on a consistent basis? I can show many examples of Johnny having good luck. Were there any episodes where Spongebob showed having bad luck? Both shows are episodic iirc. Not every episode's going to show Spongebob having good luck.

Transmutation: Johnny has that as well.

Better Toon Force: I agree.

Reality Warping: Agreed.

Plot Manip: Also agree.

Supernatural Luck: Read what I said above.

Regen: Johnny can easily counter that with his many hax.

Duplication: Johnny has that. But Spongebob's duplication is better.

Immersion: Johnny has that, too.

Bubbles: How does Spongebob's bubbles work again?

Sand Manip: You think Johnny's just going to stand there and let Spongebob build sand? Johnny can rewind or pause Spongebob before he can do any of that. Plus, Time Stop as well? Pfft. Good luck with that.

Sand and bubble people: That's not going to do much.

Size Manip: Johnny has that size manip.

Johnny also has a mobile advantage due to being able to fly, stealth mastery, acrobatics, and teleportation.

Yeah, it seems in-character for SpongeBob to go with Sand Manipulation if karate doesn't work (I don't see why it wouldn't though), since there's an entire episode dedicated to him using it offensively against Patrick. Johnny's not gonna reach SpongeBob the moment he assaults him from a sand airplane.

Btw, SpongeBob being smaller than Johnny isn't a very good argument. SpongeBob can easily increase his size with either his absorption or stretchy body. It's part of his character anyway. And as I've said in a few threads, being smaller means SpongeBob will be a harder target to hit.
Karate won't work against Johnny, like at all. Johnny knows Kung Fu and has Ninja DNA. They're equal in skill if anything.

If Spongebob increases in size, then Johnny uses his size manip to shrink him down. Johnny doesn't have to reach Spongebob, he has many ranged equipment that can easily reach Spongebob. How small is Spongebob again? Johnny's pretty small himself, but I don't know how small Spongebob is. Are you able to tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back