• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point?
If vote count changes, or vote basises are invalidated, Grace may also be invalidated. In my opinion, it makes sense as a rule; A good versus thread debate should conclude with arguments that can hold water for at least a day.

• When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread.

If vote count changes, or vote basises are invalidated, Grace may also be invalidated. In my opinion, it makes sense as a rule; A good versus thread debate should conclude with arguments that can hold water for at least a day.

• When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread.
I basically stated all of my points already. Everyone seemed to move on from this thread. They haven't even responded to my last couple of points.

I mean, I could continue trying to prove my point for a whole day, but I just gotta pray to God that someone responds.

1. Using Martial Arts wouldn't be good for both because Johnny has no counter for Mid-High, and Spongebob does not have enough AP to deal good damage to Johnny. They're both equal in skill. Spongebob is a blacker belt, and Johnny has shown to have Ninja DNA. So if this was a battle of Martial Arts, it'd be a tie.

2. Isn't Morality Manip different from Mind Manip? Johnny's Attitude Alternator makes anyone's personality do a 180. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Spongebob has resisted anything like that. I could be wrong, though.

3. Johnny's more reliant on his stronger hax than Spongebob, so he'll use them quicker.

4. Johnny's Sleep Manip does not use smoke. It shoots out a laser, and the target that's hit goes to sleep for 8 straight hours.

5. Spongebob has no counter for Transmutation, Time Manip, Time Stop, Possession, and the Super Smarty Pants (which was shown to make him smarter than his sisters). The only thing that helps Spongebob here is his luck.
1. In this situation, no. Johnny will not start off with his equipment, but he's very reliant on it, so it wouldn't take long for him to use them.

2. SpongeBob uses his most powerful hax as a last resort.
Spongebob only resists Johnny's Mind Manip. That's literally it. Everything else is kinda fair game. Only thing that helps Spongebob from Johnny's hax is his luck. I don't think Spongebob is fast enough to dodge lasers lol. Speed is equal after all. Plus, does Spongebob have good luck on a consistent basis? I can show many examples of Johnny having good luck. Were there any episodes where Spongebob showed having bad luck? Both shows are episodic iirc. Not every episode's going to show Spongebob having good luck.

Transmutation: Johnny has that as well.

Better Toon Force: I agree.

Reality Warping: Agreed.

Plot Manip: Also agree.

Supernatural Luck: Read what I said above.

Regen: Johnny can easily counter that with his many hax.

Duplication: Johnny has that. But Spongebob's duplication is better.

Immersion: Johnny has that, too.

Bubbles: How does Spongebob's bubbles work again?

Sand Manip: You think Johnny's just going to stand there and let Spongebob build sand? Johnny can rewind or pause Spongebob before he can do any of that. Plus, Time Stop as well? Pfft. Good luck with that.

Sand and bubble people: That's not going to do much.

Size Manip: Johnny has that size manip.

Johnny also has a mobile advantage due to being able to fly, stealth mastery, acrobatics, and teleportation.
Karate won't work against Johnny, like at all. Johnny knows Kung Fu and has Ninja DNA. They're equal in skill if anything.

If Spongebob increases in size, then Johnny uses his size manip to shrink him down. Johnny doesn't have to reach Spongebob, he has many ranged equipment that can easily reach Spongebob. How small is Spongebob again? Johnny's pretty small himself, but I don't know how small Spongebob is. Are you able to tell me?
If anyone is still interested, here are all the points I made.

Using Martial Arts wouldn't be good for both because Johnny has no counter for Mid-High, and Spongebob does not have enough AP to deal good damage to Johnny. They're both equal in skill. Spongebob is a blacker belt, and Johnny has shown to have Ninja DNA. So if this was a battle of Martial Arts, it'd be a tie.
Karate won't work against Johnny, like at all. Johnny knows Kung Fu and has Ninja DNA. They're equal in skill if anything.
1-Agreed, Bob would also have difficulty going through Jhonny's own regeneration, despite being smaller (Bob himself being smaller would make his attacks do less damage to Jhonny)
Isn't Morality Manip different from Mind Manip? Johnny's Attitude Alternator makes anyone's personality do a 180. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Spongebob has resisted anything like that. I could be wrong, though.
2- "He and Squidward were the only ones not affected by Jerktonium, which also makes people bitter and miserable" He has
Johnny's more reliant on his stronger hax than Spongebob, so he'll use them quicker.
In this situation, no. Johnny will not start off with his equipment, but he's very reliant on it, so it wouldn't take long for him to use them.
SpongeBob uses his most powerful hax as a last resort.
3- Kinda disagree, both eventually realized that they wouldn't be able to defeat the other with direct attacks very quickly, I believe they would both start using their Hax at the same time.
Johnny's Sleep Manip does not use smoke. It shoots out a laser, and the target that's hit goes to sleep for 8 straight hours.
I don't think Spongebob is fast enough to dodge lasers lol.
4-Advantages of being a smaller target and that it is easier to dodge attacks, in addition, sponge bob can keep up with other characters (such as plankton) who can dodge lasers
Spongebob has no counter for Transmutation, Time Manip, Time Stop, Possession, and the Super Smarty Pants (which was shown to make him smarter than his sisters).
4- Transmutation: Shapeshifting. The Bubble Love Gum do not need to be chewed by the target to transmute it?
5- Time Manip and Time stop: Agreed
6- Possession: Plankton inserted SpongeBob's brain into a robot and forced him to make a Krabby Patty, he didn't do it
7- Super smart pants: These pants and a two-way sword for Johnny, he wouldn't wear them
Were there any episodes where Spongebob showed having bad luck?
8- The only thing I could find this and this but the bad luck was all beacuse external interference
Not every episode's going to show Spongebob having good luck
9- In virtually every episode he is inclined to have good luck
Reality Warping: Agreed.
10-SpongeBob's Reality Warping is questionable, as it has never been used offensively and can also be just imagination.
Bubbles: How does Spongebob's bubbles work again?
11-He takes the bubble container and bubble wand and blows on it, the bubble already comes out in the shape of what he wants, it can already be used offensively, in support, defensively, etc.
Sand Manip: You think Johnny's just going to stand there and let Spongebob build sand? Johnny can rewind or pause Spongebob before he can do any of that. Plus, Time Stop as well? Pfft. Good luck with that.
Sand and bubble people: That's not going to do much
12- He can make sand sculptures much faster than you think
13- They're a lot stronger than they look and he can exercise them without a lot of effort, it'll at least keep Jhonny distracted.
Size Manip: Johnny has that size manip.
14-Honestly, spongebob growing is an advantage for Johnny, it would be much easier to hit him like that
Johnny also has a mobile advantage due to being able to fly, stealth mastery, acrobatics, and teleportation.
I agree with everyone but teleport, SpongeBob portal creation works as a teleport (for some reason this is not a teleport but a portal creation... for some reason
Johnny's more reliant on his stronger hax than Spongebob, so he'll use them quicker.
I think you are seeing this wrong, the advantage is not that he will use them first, but that he will know how to use them offensively much better, most of sponge bob's haxes were only used once or 3 times, whereas haxes vdo Johnny coming from the gear are normally used over and over again during the episodes they appear in, for that reason I only vote for Johnny, spongebob doesn't use Hax offensively normally and both have a great amount of Hax that affect each other , Jhonny's main advantage is that he uses these hax offensively much more often

1 vote for Johnny

Too bad It's already in Grace

Despite me thinking this match is closer than others think, grace period has started.
For me, it says that post was made September 18th, at 18:48 (6:48 PM.) Grace began at that point, & it hasn't been 24 hours since then.

For what it's worth, voting Johnny because of @JustANormalLemon 's reason.

But I don't think that brings it to a 3 vote difference anyway, lol.

Or the basis of sufficient votes for Spongebob have to be invalidated.
Although, this often makes FRA's frustrating, since you may not know which reasoning was FRA'd, & thus, which reasoning is supposed to be the valid reasoning they're voting FRA with.
Yeah. FRA trains can be irritating at times, especially when the fight is a lot closer than people make it out to be.

There were a few reasonings for Spongebob winning that are invalid (I.e. Spongebob using karate, regeneration, reality warping, etc.), but most of them are valid for the most part.

I'm going outside at 3:00 P.M. I need to start going outside more often, so I'm practicing to do that. If I miss anything important, please send me a message on my profile.

In my opinion, since the argument I gave uses both the hx experience of both and not the hax itself most of the arguments given above can be disregarded, right?

Most of the arguments here were a little shallow, as it boiled down to "sponge bob can do this this" and didn't consider how it's done.

In my opinion, since the argument I gave uses both the hx experience of both and not the hax itself most of the arguments given above can be disregarded, right?

Most of the arguments here were a little shallow, as it boiled down to "sponge bob can do this this" and didn't consider how it's done.
I'm really hesitant on doing this, because stuff like this can start a ruckus.

If you think that at least some of the votes should be retracted, you might might have to give a summary as to why, and you should probably add reasons that were given to Spongebob winning that are valid so you don't seem biased.

I'm really hesitant on doing this, because stuff like this can start a ruckus.

If you think that at least some of the votes should be retracted, you might might have to give a summary as to why, and you should probably add reasons that were given to Spongebob winning that are valid so you don't seem biased.
Fair enough, maybe I'll do it later, how late do I have to do this before Grace ends?

I really do apologize Randomguy. I didn’t mean for everyone to make you feel like everyone was ignoring your points. And yes, the FRA train can be annoying at times. I’ll be sure to make a summary in a little while about my points to get a better overall summary for my points too.

I really do apologize Randomguy. I didn’t mean for everyone to make you feel like everyone was ignoring your points. And yes, the FRA train can be annoying at times. I’ll be sure to make a summary in a little while about my points to get a better overall summary for my points too.
It's fine. You were one of the few who actually did give points instead of doing the typical "FRA train go brrr."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back