• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Squarepants VS Aqua (Konosuba) (Rematch)

So yeah, I’m doing a rematch since Spongebob has a ton of new abilities and resists most of the reasons Aqua won last time

Rules:
-Both are 8-B
-Aqua is Goddess Aqua key
-Speed is equalized
-Spongebob is not allowed optional equipment
-Battle takes place at the beach giving both an advantage to use there water

Um, but would you know what the difference in strength is exactly? and what skills does she use?
It’s a 3 times difference. Aqua scales to 71.1 tons of tnt and Spongebob scales to 25 tons I believe. Aqua usually starts with water manip, purification, Soul Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and power null.

Aqua seems to have a big advantage in AP, but if she goes with physical attacks the small size and acrobatics of SpongeBob should make it difficult for her to hit, and SpongeBob according to the profile starts with sand or bubble manipulation, in these cases he uses it to create sand soldiers, cannon and etc, over the bubbles and basically the same.
It’s a 3 times difference. Aqua scales to 71.1 tons of tnt and Spongebob scales to 25 tons I believe. Aqua usually starts with water manip, purification, Soul Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and power null.
How exactly does water handling work? if they are attacks, SpongeBob absorbs, she uses purification on the undead, but can she know that the sponge is an undead? And what would that do to SpongeBob, aside from the EE since he resists, soul manipulation depends on how it works since he can keep fighting like a soul, power nullification works how?

Aqua’s attacks are all water based and she can manipulate water to her will. Aqua’s soul manip and purification only works on the undead so she’s going to have a hard time against Spongebob because she would have to reduce him to his ghost form and Spongebob can regenerate, duplicate, use his immortality, has supernatural luck, etc. Aqua’s power null only works on magic abilities iirc. Most of Spongebob’s abilities are part of his biologically and he could teleport out of the way of the spell too.

Aqua’s attacks are all water based and she can manipulate water to her will. Aqua’s soul manip and purification only works on the undead so she’s going to have a hard time against Spongebob because she would have to reduce him to his ghost form and Spongebob can regenerate, duplicate, use his immortality, has supernatural luck, etc. Aqua’s power null only works on magic abilities iirc. Most of Spongebob’s abilities are part of his biologically and he could teleport out of the way of the spell too.
So the sponge simply absorbs the water and consequently it gets stronger, but in this case the Profile considers him to be already undead, but he can continue living as a soul, but he wouldn't have to know that SpongeBob is undead to use ? the supernatural luck doesn't seem to work due to Aqua's supernatural bad luck, however I was wondering if this bad luck would cause a misfortune for Aqua in combat, if the power nullification is based on magic then it would be basically useless, SpongeBob has only some magic abilities, but that's out of character.

I believe Aqua has an AP advantage and both start with physical attacks however Aqua will resort to hax before Spongebob does. However Spongebob resists most of her hax now.
Aqua wouldn't open with Physical attacks cause she can sense when something is undead through Undead/Devil Detection: Can detect devils/undead by smell, she'll start to know spongebob is undead and start to use her spells to get rid of him. she also has Holy Aura: which causes pain for undead/devils to touch her, with prolonged exposure being lethal. Her very breath is harmful to devils. Draining her vitality/magic is poisonous for undead
since Spongebob has Type 7 Immortality that would make him an Undead so these would work on him so she'll start to spam magic immediately
Yes she’s prone to getting bad luck and Spongebob’s supernatural luck will hinder her useless in some situations if her bad luck comes into play.
Her Bad Luck never comes into play in combat but her luck alone is enough to counter Kazuma's luck which is the second highest in the series only beaten by the goddess of fortune so she negates Spongebobs

If she knows he's undead then that would complicate it for the sponge, about things involving demons I don't think it's going to work, SpongeBob is not a demon, cause pain to the undead I remember her using it, but SpongeBob he's already tolerated large amounts of pain on the show, i believe that would only make him take the fight more seriously, drain the magic/vitality, he really doesn't have any of that.

Aqua wouldn't open with Physical attacks cause she can sense when something is undead through Undead/Devil Detection: Can detect devils/undead by smell, she'll start to know spongebob is undead and start to use her spells to get rid of him. she also has Holy Aura: which causes pain for undead/devils to touch her, with prolonged exposure being lethal. Her very breath is harmful to devils. Draining her vitality/magic is poisonous for undead
since Spongebob has Type 7 Immortality that would make him an Undead so these would work on him so she'll start to spam magic immediately

Her Bad Luck never comes into play in combat but her luck alone is enough to counter Kazuma's luck which is the second highest in the series only beaten by the goddess of fortune so she negates Spongebobs

A doubt I have, has bad luck helped her in a fight against someone who has good luck? or did it only affect her companions?

Aqua would not need to reduce him to the ghost form cause he has Type 7 constantly if he needed to be reduced to that state it should be put as "Limited" type 7 and add to it " Was still alive after working for an eternity and aging into an undead skeleton, and like Plankton, he can function as a ghost and also scales to Dutchman’s immortality like ghost but is not constantly in this state" also technically speaking if Spongebob can exist as nothing more then a Skeleton then Aqua should have no problem EEing him since he has his skeleton

A doubt I have, has bad luck helped her in a fight against someone who has good luck? or did it only affect her companions?
her bad luck would naturally counter spongebobs good luck since it counters Kazumas already who is her companion but either way her bad luck often times doesn't show up in combat

Even if she did know that Spongebob was undead, Spongebob resists all of her spells and her soul manip, Existence Erasure, matter manipulation, etc. Plus type 4 immortality comes into play for Spongebob too. She can’t get rid of him so Spongebob will constantly get a new body if he is reduced to that state.

her bad luck would naturally counter spongebobs good luck since it counters Kazumas already who is her companion but either way her bad luck often times doesn't show up in combat
But did it work and was it shown to only affect your teammates or has it already affected enemies who have good luck?

Even if she did know that Spongebob was undead, Spongebob resists all of her spells and her soul manip, Existence Erasure, matter manipulation, etc. Plus type 4 immortality comes into play for Spongebob too. She can’t get rid of him so Spongebob will constantly get a new body if he is reduced to that state.
so its a stomp? Spongebob resist everything and can't be put down is what you're telling me

Aqua quite literally has no win-con

Aqua would not need to reduce him to the ghost form cause he has Type 7 constantly if he needed to be reduced to that state it should be put as "Limited" type 7 and add to it " Was still alive after working for an eternity and aging into an undead skeleton, and like Plankton, he can function as a ghost and also scales to Dutchman’s immortality like ghost but is not constantly in this state" also technically speaking if Spongebob can exist as nothing more then a Skeleton then Aqua should have no problem EEing him since he has his skeleton
Sponge Bob resists EE

Technically Aqua could use fate manip or law manip but Spongebob could use plot manipulation, reality warping, transmutation, toon force, etc before she could use it but if it’s still a stomp I’ll request to remove it.

Really, would Water vs Stanley be a good fight?
Stanly is 9-A+ and Aqua is Archpriest key is only 9-B, 8-C with buffs. in her Archpriest she'd get one shotted by him since she'd have no way to put him down and he'd just used deconstruction on anything she does and regen anything she does. and in her Goddess key should one-shot him

its a mismatch either way

The Stanley profile link you posted is broken but if he’s got win cons then I might change it.

try to see if this link works

Stanly is 9-A+ and Aqua is Archpriest key is only 9-B, 8-C with buffs. in her Archpriest she'd get one shotted by him since she'd have no way to put him down and he'd just used deconstruction on anything she does and regen anything she does. and in her Goddess key should one-shot him

its a mismatch either way
Too bad, I thought I could have a good fight

try to see if this link works
Actually sorry dude, it’s an error on my end.

But couldn't his Regeneration help?
i'm pretty sure the gap between 9-A+ and 8-B+ would be enough for her to knock him out in a single hit and if he can regen through everything then Aqua still doesn't have a wincon since most of her stuff only works on demons/undead, magic, or is meant for defense

Back