• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man is as strong as the thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
main-qimg-f7d98669fe6624740556cc5471168b8e-lq
4263483-21kyq85.png
So I believe that Spider-Man is as strong as the thing and maybe even slightly stronger based on how he has better lifting feats and comparable general strength feats. Yes the thing does have more striking feats but Spider-Man also has some comparable striking feats you might say those feats are pis when they aren’t but that is your choice. I just want to my a thread about it and I have a thread I made here on it https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...not-a-fodder-to-the-thing-strength-w-2297898/

(ps I do want to add Luke cage or a non amped she hulk isn’t stronger than Spider-Man and the thing. Spider-Man has better lifting feats and general strength feats as does the thing) he beats a carnage amped silver surfer
main-qimg-60b976bcef22263c501e352bf3e3ebce-lq

The Thing you mean the Fantastic Four one? He has a lot of Planet level feats, consistently trade blows with Hulk and such characters.

I remember a fight between Spider-Man and The Thing, Spidey was amped and the max he could do was stagger him.

I agree that he’s stronger than what we currently rate him, but the comics make it clear that they’re from two different level of power

Actually in the fight the thing was amped not Spider-Man but if you have a discord I would love to discuss this and prove to you otherwise in more detail
The Thing you mean the Fantastic Four one? He has a lot of Planet level feats, consistently trade blows with Hulk and such characters.

I remember a fight between Spider-Man and The Thing, Spidey was amped and the max he could do was stagger him.

I agree that he’s stronger than what we currently rate him, but the comics make it clear that they’re from two different level of power

he beats a carnage amped silver surfer
Haven't read this comics, but if legitimate, this is most likely an outlier/Plot-Induced Stupidity. Plus, we have rules for scaling to characters like Silver Surfer

Given the rules regarding powerscaling for Marvel Comics, I severely doubt that Planet level Spider-Man is gonna get accepted, unless he has his own non-powerscaling feats on that level

Like I said I would love to talk you guys on discord about it and prove you wrong but Spider-Man isn’t a street tier he is on the same tier as the thing

I remember are alot of instances where spider-man fights characters like titania, the thing, juggernaut, I dont know the context of the fights but I know it happens quite a bit, even some of his rogues do it from time to time, but majority of the time he used his agility manuverability to overcome them and is genrally treated as weaker. he is strong, but not that level of strong. but he does fight against them alot, could it be possible to use their more casual feats and scale pete to that, saying something like "Able to hold his own against X Although is generally treated as weaker than them". these sort of fights do happen alot and he uses alot more strategy against them rather than just punching, but is still shows to have strength as to not just get instantly completely steamrolled, most the time. so maybe? idk. I personally think he is on/relative to their level at his absolute best but the wikis more than likely not gonna accept that.

Afaik Spider-Man is depicted as much weaker than characters of this caliber more often than not, to the point of being unable to harm them at all.

Since this would screw up the scaling for much weaker characters (Kraven, Tombstone, Hammerhead, ect) I'd personally be against upgrading him to those levels.

This the problem with in Marvel and Dc. Anyone can fight anyone and do anything. Like the time Karate kid of Dc comics was 2-C for fighting Pre crisis Kryptonians

He is generally lower than Thing's level Character anything more than that is an outlier.

There is something I want to suggest about Marvel and Dc, a character can't be upgraded unless if they have feat (s) on that level along with consistent proofs of fight Characters on that level or if the character has consistent proofs or statements.

There is something I want to suggest about Marvel and Dc, a character can't be upgraded unless if they have feat (s) on that level along with consistent proofs of fight Characters on that level or if the character has consistent proofs or statements.
That's why we have a whole page dedicated to the rules for powerscaling Marvel and DC Comics

Afaik Spider-Man is depicted as much weaker than characters of this caliber more often than not, to the point of being unable to harm them at all.

Since this would screw up the scaling for much weaker characters (Kraven, Tombstone, Hammerhead, ect) I'd personally be against upgrading him to those levels.

That’s not totally true because he does hurt him in the comic
images
images

Their was also this comic where Spider-Man breaks out of the grip of a creature as strong as the thing.he also knocked the thing out(here is rhino matching strength with thing too ) their is also this Spider-Man strength feat better than the one you showed with the
IMG_6172.webp
IMG_6172.webp
IMG_6582.jpg
press
8880916-45d4e2ee-c07b-440b-b59a-cae3582d8858.jpeg
8880915-0050ba82-59f2-430d-8a7c-b5a19c6c3e57.jpeg
8879934-aea55eb7-a01b-4b52-a0a5-b0658628800c.jpeg
8879915-d8b458ea-e7d4-4a41-927a-6efd418462d5.jpeg
8879916-a9c89b09-fcc1-493a-8a90-7632ac99ea1a.jpeg

Bro really thinks Spider-Man is Planet level

That's what powerscaling does to people

This the problem with in Marvel and Dc. Anyone can fight anyone and do anything. Like the time Karate kid of Dc comics was 2-C for fighting Pre crisis Kryptonians

He is generally lower than Thing's level Character anything more than that is an outlier.

That's why we have a whole page dedicated to the rules for powerscaling Marvel and DC Comics
He does which is why I am bringing this up h I it’s hard to communicate on vs battle but I can tell you guys would hear me out which I appreciate I have tons of Spider-Man feats where he isn’t amped to prove it discord is a lot easier for me to communicate bambu was the one who actually helped me calculate a couple most of the things lifting feats and they were all lower than Spider-Man daily bugle feat

Mate, everyone here read comics. I at least read comics whenever I can, when I have free time. I read Spider-Man, most people here do too. You're not the one with Spider-Man feats.

Spider-Man is a street level character, who mostly deals with super-human beings such as Green Goblin, Rhino and Lizard. The later being consistently stronger than him. He gets hurt by explosions, some street levels such as Wolverine or Cap can harm him.

There NO WAY Spider-Man is stronger than The Thing and this is obviously something that won't be accepted. The Thing is accepted here as Planet level because he has feats and is on this level most of the times.

@KingTempest feel free to close this whenever you feel like.

That’s not totally true because he does hurt him in the comic
images
images
Punching someone isn't the same as hurting them. None of these Hulk scans show Hulk getting HARMED by Spider-Man. And even that's not enough if Spidey isn't outright trading blows, going toe-to-toe with and taking genuine hits from Hulk.

I don't know why people think that punching someone is enough to scale one to each other. This is wrong on many levels and even worse for comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back