• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of Sound is Calc Stacking?

If for example if I use the speed of sound to find the timeframe (because the verse is well above this speed) is it a calc stacking? Example: T = 0.8m (Distance) / 360 (SoS)

You have to prove that the exact scene you are talking about is at the speed of sound. The speed of the verse as a whole shouldn't count towards a calc.

Okay thanks, But find a speed in the same scene to then use it for another scene that happens 30 seconds later is not it calc stacking?

What you can't do is take a calc that has the character at Mach 1,000 speeds and apply it to another calc.

What you can do is take the minimum stated / shown speeds and apply it.

For instance, if Thor's lightning is calced at FTL+ speeds in one comic, you can't apply that to every comic involving Thor shooting lightning and characters dodging it. But you can apply the speed of real lightning to it.

OK, so for the sound speed if this is not indicated / display it is not usable is that?

No, I mean, do slower characters have explicitly Mach 1 or higher feats?

Like dodging bullets, being stated to be Supersonic, creating Mach cones?

If so, then assuming that has attack is at least Mach 1 is reasonable. Calc stacking is to prevent scaling from separate calcs, but doesn't forbid scaling all together.

Could you post scans, tho?

What speeds are there in the exact scan that we can quantify based on real stuff? Bullets, falling objects, cloud-to-ground lightning? That way, you can base the calc on something that is not on another scene or time entirely.

Ugh. Can you just post the scans in question so people can have a look at it?

I find a simple solution,As the character gives a saber shot before being countered by the character I will use the record speed of a saber used by a man, the man comes to cut objects at 10m from him going at a speed of 500km / h

Back