• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of someone Outpacing a Grenade explosion?

In this calculation, trying to figure what the best way to get the speed of a person who not only ran towards a grenade explosion but ran fast enough to dodge it's explosion from the other end.
  • person distance covered = started 4.35 from the explosion but ran towards and then away from epicenter = 24.35 meters
  • Grenade distance in radius = 20 meters*
  • Grenade velocity = 8050 m/s*
  • person velocity = 20 /8050 = 0.00248447204 second / 24.35 = 9800.87 m/s
https://www.forces.net/technology/w...apons-high-explosive-hand-grenade#:~:text=The lethal proximity of a,could be incapacitated or killed.

[/URL]

Thoughts?

@Armorchompy @Psychomaster35

Yo. I know I’m not like a calc member or anything but you could probably just use this calculator by the UN which would give you a timeframe for the grenade explosion to move the distance cuz usually the detonation speeds high-ball the shit out of these things.

For example

As far as I have understood, grenades can have a TNT core packed with about one half pound or in other words 0.68 kg worth of TNT.

You didn’t really give the distance as to how close the character got to the epicenter before running away but using 4.35 m from the starting distance then you’d get a timeframe of 0.00713 seconds with a velocity for the shockwave at that moment being 398.69 seconds.

If the explosion is particularly large and un-befitting of an average grenade I would try to calc the TNT charge in the grenade first though.

Hope I helped a bit.

Yo. I know I’m not like a calc member or anything but you could probably just use this calculator by the UN which would give you a timeframe for the grenade explosion to move the distance that it did because as it expands it slows down rapidly and usually the detonation speeds high-ball the shit put of these things.

For example

As far as I have understood, grenades can have a TNT core packed with about one half pound or in other words 0.68 kg worth of TNT.

You didn’t really give the distance as to how close the character got to the epicenter before running away but using 4.35 m from the starting distance then you’d get a timeframe of 0.00713 seconds with a velocity for the shockwave at that moment being 398.69 seconds.

If the explosion is particularly large and un-befitting of an average grenade I would try to calc the TNT charge in the grenade first though.

Hope I helped a bit.
That should help, thanks.

BTW Man I don't think you have @ permissions to @ calc members? So they don't go trough I have seen you @ them in different threads.

Back