• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom General CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, a minor change to part of Doom's 2-A justification:

"After millions of years of mastering black arts, he..."

When Doom killed an alternate Watcher, it was due to his centuries of training with the Marquis of Death (as he only mentioned killing the Watcher after mentioning training for centuries with the MoD), not his mastery of black arts before meeting the MoD, so his new justification would say:

"After centuries of training under the Marquis of Death, he..."

Speaking of the Marquis of Death, Doom was able to complete hide his true identity from the Marquis of Death while serving as his apprentice, with the MoD not even realizing the deception until Doom revealed his identity to the Fantastic Four.

Thus, he should also have Stealth Mastery.

Bump
I think all of the provided scans look fine, I'm only a bit uncertain on the plot manipulation stuff from loki but when combining that with Gwenpool it checks out.
Ok, thank you!

I'm still waiting for a bit more input on the plot stuff just to be sure, but for the minor stuff, would you mind unlocking Doom's page so I can put it all in?

The majority of the above has already been accepted by @LordGriffin1000.

If Marquis has any other showings of the atoms dying killing someone faster than Doom I can see the resistance, as of now not really.

Light and Madness resistance looks fine.

Bio resistance is fine

Longevity and type 6 immortality is fine.

First scan for extrasensory perception is fine, second one sounds more like he just studied morgana's magic and was testing it out to see where the illusion is, seems kinda counterintuitive to throw a rock to see if there was an illusion if he can just sense illusions easily.

Supernatural Willpower and Info analysis is fine.

Not sure I buy this being more matter resistance as he did state Vision was going to affect him that way, sounds more like his barrier can just do the same matter hax to me.

Sounds like some Law hax for the Order stuff to me, and maybe Concept hax if they elaborate by what Order is supposed to be.

Adaptation is fine.

Causality hax is fine.

Is that matter hax though? Looks more like creation to me if he's making stuff for him to walk in the air.

Dimensional Travel and Power Bestowal is fine.

Scan is a little too blurry for me to tell if that's telekinesis or not.

Looks like Possession to me

Mind hax looks fine.

Looks like power null if he stopped Nightcrawler's teleporting from working.

Ice manipulation looks fine.

Dream resistance looks fine to me.

Precog is fine.

Hacking and durability negation is fine.

Sleep hax is fine

Melting metals doesn't sound like durability negation to me, just an AP thing or heat thing.

Plot hax looks way too vague without any further context of him changing the story in a meta way.

Looks more like time hax than causality/fate or plot related with him freezing Loki. It feels a bit too flowery language with how Doom's describing it to make it seem like actual explicit plot hax.

Soul hax looks fine.

Is it magnetism? Doom's saying he's not really using metal armor so this seems like a weakness for Magneto than a resistance.

Mind resistance is fine.

limited temperature manipulation is fine.

BFR is fine

Exorcism is just type 2 purification, so I'm fine with that.

Deconstruction is fine

I don't think that's empathic manipulation, just more mindhax.

Looks like illusions to me.

Second scans for forcefields isn't working for me, but the first one is fine.

the other mindhax, teleport and BFR scans is fine.

Fusionism resistance is fine.

Mid-Low healing is fine, don't see any info analysis here.

The rest I don't care for.

If Marquis has any other showings of the atoms dying killing someone faster than Doom I can see the resistance, as of now not really.
I don't understand this.

Doom survived having his atoms killed (and the Marquis was confident that it'd kill him), yet he survived this, and more importantly he trained all of his molecules to make sure that the MoD couldn't repeat it.
Light and Madness resistance looks fine.

Bio resistance is fine

Longevity and type 6 immortality is fine.
Yay
First scan for extrasensory perception is fine, second one sounds more like he just studied morgana's magic and was testing it out to see where the illusion is, seems kinda counterintuitive to throw a rock to see if there was an illusion if he can just sense illusions easily.
Noted
Supernatural Willpower and Info analysis is fine.
Yay
Not sure I buy this being more matter resistance as he did state Vision was going to affect him that way, sounds more like his barrier can just do the same matter hax to me.
Noted
Sounds like some Law hax for the Order stuff to me, and maybe Concept hax if they elaborate by what Order is supposed to be.
I mean, it is meant to counter/balance SW's chaos magic, which on her profile is under the power of Chaos Manipulation
Adaptation is fine.

Causality hax is fine.
Yay
Is that matter hax though? Looks more like creation to me if he's making stuff for him to walk in the air.
Noted
Dimensional Travel and Power Bestowal is fine.

Scan is a little too blurry for me to tell if that's telekinesis or not.
Actually:
This would actually be an example of Reconstruction, I believe, not telekinesis.
Looks like Possession to me

Mind hax looks fine.
Yay
Looks like power null if he stopped Nightcrawler's teleporting from working.
Actually, looking at the scan, it seems that the field just zapped him, but he then uses the EM field to slam Nightcrawler into Meggan, which would be another example of telekinesis.
Ice manipulation looks fine.

Dream resistance looks fine to me.

Precog is fine.

Hacking and durability negation is fine.

Sleep hax is fine
Noted
Melting metals doesn't sound like durability negation to me, just an AP thing or heat thing.

Plot hax looks way too vague without any further context of him changing the story in a meta way.

Looks more like time hax than causality/fate or plot related with him freezing Loki. It feels a bit too flowery language with how Doom's describing it to make it seem like actual explicit plot hax.
Noted
Soul hax looks fine.
Yay
Is it magnetism? Doom's saying he's not really using metal armor so this seems like a weakness for Magneto than a resistance.
I mean, it does mean that he can't be affected by magnetism
Mind resistance is fine.

limited temperature manipulation is fine.

BFR is fine

Exorcism is just type 2 purification, so I'm fine with that.

Deconstruction is fine
Yay
I don't think that's empathic manipulation, just more mindhax.

Looks like illusions to me.

Second scans for forcefields isn't working for me, but the first one is fine.

the other mindhax, teleport and BFR scans is fine.
Yay
Fusionism resistance is fine.

Mid-Low healing is fine,
Yay
don't see any info analysis here.
They say he "ascertained her unique brain wavelength", but that could just be more mindhax, I guess.
The rest I don't care for.
Any thoughts on the Gutter Space stuff?

Also, could you unlock Doom's page so I can put in just what has been accepted?

Then I'd recommend using that second scan for the resistance.

Then it's just law hax.

So just telekinesis then.

he still specifies it's a specific type of metal Magneto can't control, that's not implying a resistance that's just Magneto's power having some limit.

Can't really open pages, you need to ask a content mod or an admin for that.

Then I'd recommend using that second scan for the resistance.
Ok, thanks.
Then it's just law hax.
Ok.
So just telekinesis then.
Ok.
he still specifies it's a specific type of metal Magneto can't control, that's not implying a resistance that's just Magneto's power having some limit.
Ok.
Can't really open pages, you need to ask a content mod or an admin for that.
Ok, thanks.

Any thoughts on the Gutter Space stuff?

Also, what do you think of this:

When Doom killed an alternate Watcher, it was due to his centuries of training with the Marquis of Death (as he only mentioned killing the Watcher after mentioning training for centuries with the MoD), not his mastery of black arts before meeting the MoD, so his new justification would say:

Speaking of the Marquis of Death, Doom was able to complete hide his true identity from the Marquis of Death while serving as his apprentice, with the MoD not even realizing the deception until Doom revealed his identity to the Fantastic Four.

Stealth Mastery is fine I guess.

I'll unlock the profile so the accepted changes can be applied. Also this is the last change that you should suggest as it's a rule that you can't keep adding things that weren't originally in the initial OP as it causes confusion and so on.

Hey. The ", up to Massively FTL+" is wrong. It doesn't give any reason as to why his speed would be able to grow, it just claims that that happened in the feats given as opposed to any other feat where his speed is far lower. So it disguises outliers as an "up to" for no reason. Aside from that;

That was a Doombot and this is an Avenger Thor, meaning he's on Doom's level.

There is no evidence that Thor was at his peak and he stomped him in that battle.

No evidence that Hulk is angry enough to be this fast and he even tries to get information out of Doom, no reason to kill him.

Everyone could keep up with Galactus in that comic. If it needs to be said, Galactus has many, many anti-feats for the speed we give him, with people like Doom keeping up with him.

There is no evidence that Thor was at his peak and he stomped him in that battle.
Agree with everything but this, Thor was pissed at Doom for what he was doing to the Asgardian people, and while he overpowered Doom, Doom could still react to him.

Yet Doom got stomped in this battle too. How is his speed any better than Wrecker's durability, when he took "all" of the power Mjolner may impart coursing through his body? When he holds back and when not have higher standards than just him being angry.

There is even a feat of his under Warrior Madness still holding back as he attacked a "baby" Adam Warlock, whose most consistently at 5-B.

Yet Doom got stomped in this battle too. How is his speed any better than Wrecker's durability, when he took "all" of the power Mjolner may impart coursing through his body? When he holds back and when not have higher standards than just him being angry.

There is even a feat of his under Warrior Madness still holding back as he attacked a "baby" Adam Warlock, whose most consistently at 5-B.
Fair point, then. I'll remove it.

Btw, would you be able to help with this:

When Gwenpool in The Unbelievable Gwenpool #23 sent Doctor Doom (or rather, an incarnation of Doctor Doom that is literally his pre-Secret Wars evil self, so no different in power from his normal villain self) to Gutter Space, which is the white void outside of the comic's panels that asides from being outside the Marvel Multiverse is also unaffected by retcons and from which all of Marvel's continuity is accessible (and Gwenpool had even claimed that she had erased Doom from Marvel's existence), Doom managed to easily escape this dimension and return to the normal one, despite Gwenpool essentially removing him from the plot.

In fact, he was unaffected by being in Gutter Space at a point where he was looking down at the plot as a narrative.

Since Doctor Doom had no issue returning from Gutter Space, would this give him resistance to Plot Manipulation and/or resistance to BFR? Would he get some type of Acausality or resistance to Causality Manipulation? Resistance to EE based on Gwenpool's statement? Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation and/or Void Manipulation?

In addition, since he had no issue traveling from this dimension back to the normal Marvel multiverse, and as support the Infamous Iron Man (aka Doom with Iron Man's armor but the same magic and stuff as standard Doom) could easily go here as well, does that increase the range of Doom to the scope of Marvel's multiverse with portals?

Something like "XXX with portals"?
Asides from Dimensional Travel (which was already accepted and put in), I don't know what other abilities and/or resistances this grants him, if any.

Sorry, I only put my attention to that bit. In regards to that part, I could notice odd the way Doom returned from there; the way Gwen portrays it is as if her plot powers allowed Doom to return because that's how a normal story works, you can't beat the big bad guy so easily. She has precedent for things like this happening, once not being able to jump into Gutter Space because it wasn't the end of the page yet, rather than because she did something wrong.

Sorry, I only put my attention to that bit. In regards to that part, I could notice odd the way Doom returned from there; the way Gwen portrays it is as if her plot powers allowed Doom to return because that's how a normal story works, you can't beat the big bad guy so easily. She has precedent for things like this happening, once not being able to jump into Gutter Space because it wasn't the end of the page yet, rather than because she did something wrong.
No worries, thanks for trying.

Eficiente makes sense to me here.
I already removed the MFTL+ stuff, and btw you can close this thread since I'm making a part 2 due to how long this one is.

Although IIRC Reed Richards, who Doom scales to, once reacted in time to block MFTL beams from Galactus from space.

Okay. I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

(Just don't repeat the firmly rejected parts of this thread in your continuation version please.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back