• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Of Light Dick Grayson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin (Dick Grayson) has three speed of light dodges scans.following post is evidence for that:
First, I'll explain why Doctor Light's attacks are the speed of light. What was described in both scans I took was reflecting Doctor Light's speed of light attacks through lenses. It obeys the rule that light is reflected by a mirror-like substance.(The scan was said to be reflected through the Lens.). There is evidence that Doctor Light actually did many light speed attacks, I only threw one.
Now that I have proven that Doctor Light's attacks are the speed of light, we can
move on to Robin (Dick Grayson) scans.
In the first scan, while the distance with Doctor Light is quite close, the dodge from Doctor Light's attack.

In the second scan, we can see that Doctor Light attacked, so I drew that side to make it clearer. Robin dodge and hits this attack while he is almost next to Doctor Light.

In the third scan, Robin dodges Doctor Light's attack.

Additional scans on Doctor Light;

I do not think that there is another ongoing DC Comics revision thread right now, so I have unlocked this one after a request to do so.

However, I think that this seems like either aim-dodging or outliers.

If there was only 1 scan, I would think the same, but since there are 3 scans, it is not likely to be outlier.
I don't think it's Aim Dodge, either. Even Doctor Light is surprised to he avoid the attack, and there's no evidence of him being aim dodge anyway.

Last edited:
Robin is not normally displayed at anywhere near these speeds, so I think that he was tracking Light's arm movements.

It could have been reaction rather then movement speeds, so I doubt those “previous situations.” Mean much.
Also scans please?

How the heck am I supposed to spend dozens of hours pouring over all of Dick Grayson's thousands of appearances when I already work over 12 hours a day with maintenance work?

Again, this is the problem with you: You seem to be deliberately systematically subversive to a degree that no other currently active member that I have noticed can match. Basically, other members, including me, might have a bad day, be impatient, or get upset here or there, but you seem to take things considerably further.

Anyway, these are just very few appearances out of several thousands in which Dick was not portrayed as anywhere near lightspeed, and Doctor Light was generally portrayed as an unskilled buffoon back in his Teen Titans days. As such, the intention clearly seems to be that Robin was aim-dodging.

So in three scans, enters the aim dodge... I'll ask something, if there were 10 scans that avoid this light, would you count it?
Anyway, these are just very few appearances out of several thousands in which Dick was not portrayed as anywhere near lightspeed, and Doctor Light was generally portrayed as an unskilled buffoon back in his Teen Titans days. As such, the intention clearly seems to be that Robin was aim-dodging.

I remember reading the old Teen Titans fights with Light, and he was always portrayed as very incompetent as a combattant. Even though his blasts were light, his body was far slower, and Nightwing and other Batman characters are definitely not generally portrayed as lightspeed as far as I recall.

You being overworked/unwilling to look for scans doesn’t justify making claims without any evidence. You seem unreasonably angry that someone dares to contradict you despite you basing your claims on no direct evidence.
Also he is straight up stayed to be avoiding the blasts in the first one, so it seems to contradicts just aim dodging.

I am suspicious because you seem to systematically act in a bad faith unreasonable and subversive manner. That's it.

Anyway, from what I can see of those scans, and remember from reading the story in which the fight took place, Robin was keeping track of Light's slow body movements, and avoiding the blasts that way.

I have also read several thousand of Marvel and DC comic books, but it is completely unreasonable to demand that I should do extremely extensive repeat research for every post rather than go by memory.

I mean show me where in the comic it says that.The actual scan> what you claim to remember. If you can just do that, we good.

Also how is me disagreeing with you, and arguing a point bad faith?

Also didn’t the OP here make a few other threads about reletivistic feast for these characters? I think Batman and Green arrow are in the same “tier.” So I think those threads are good supporting evidence.

Those scans themselves show Robin timing Light's movements, but the full fight scene will likely show it better, if the OP provides the issue number. It is from one of the early 1980s Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans stories.

You seem to act in bad faith because you are as good as always acting in an intentionally subversive manner intended to create hostility towards the staff, or even outright light trolling. As such, I do not trust you.

Then again, I am very tired and in a bad mood.

Ok, then just show the fight so we can evaluate it or wait for the OP to.
Seems good.
Again you seem to paint any staff disagreement as “subversive.” And “in bad faith.” Despite wanting a system that isn’t to overbearing or overly powerful. That is somewhat contradictory.
Also a bit of snarky-ness isn’t trolling, Matt is still about as snarky to members.

As far as I am aware, you have been unreasonably and systematically undermining the smooth running of this community ever since you came here in a snarky, trolling, and disrespectful manner.

I do not mind most disagreements. The issue here is that something feel very off about you. You do not seem to mean well, unlike most other members.

The OP should look for the story in question at read comic online from the early 1980s Teen Titans stories. I am about to go to bed, and do not have the time to check through a few dozen of them.

Last edited:
Also, I do not want totalitarian political overreach, no, but I do want this community to function in a smooth and orderly manner. The scale and severity of circumstances are entirely different.

I am suspicious because you seem to systematically act in a bad faith unreasonable and subversive manner. That's it.

Anyway, from what I can see of those scans, and remember from reading the story in which the fight took place, Robin was keeping track of Light's slow body movements, and avoiding the blasts that way.

I have also read several thousand of Marvel and DC comic books, but it is completely unreasonable to demand that I should do extremely extensive repeat research for every post rather than go by memory.
Excuse me what?
How did he act in bad faith, unreasonably and in a subversive manner dude?

Asking for scans is literally none of those considering you made the claims, that's just normal debate etiquette
Also he's not asking you to do extensive repeat research, he's just asking you to scan your claims like you'd ask any other member to do if they were claiming stuff

Yeah I'm not really for a Rel upgrade for the majority of Bat-tier characters based off of Robin-Era Dick avoid some of Doctor Light's bolts. Especially when things like explosions, bullets, and large groups thugs have injured or tagged Grayson before and Light having mediocre aim by in large.

Also I'm not really seeing potato being subversive here.

Last edited:
Basically what Qaw said...

Those are also not exactly feats but power-scaling, which is even more problematic, because it would affect no only the bat-cast, but any character that has faced and dodged (or have been tagged) Doctor Light's attacks, many of them having wide speed gaps and feat that won't match at all even with the most stretched assumptions.

Messy-messy, froggy style.

Wouldn’t guns virtually be a non-issue for Street Tiers if they could move this ridiculously fast?
I don't think guns are a problem for them. The speed of light is more of a reflex speed when Robin avoids from attacks, there is no continuity.I opened this thread because I thought the reflex speeds were Rel,Robin is not the speed of light as a continuum, anyway.

Excuse me what?
How did he act in bad faith, unreasonably and in a subversive manner dude?
It isn't primarily here. I have noticed repeated patterns of behaviour.

That said, I was very tired, stressed out, and in a bad mood yesterday.

Now I have slept quite well, so I am less suspicious today. My apologies if I overreacted.
Asking for scans is literally none of those considering you made the claims, that's just normal debate etiquette
Also he's not asking you to do extensive repeat research, he's just asking you to scan your claims like you'd ask any other member to do if they were claiming stuff
The original poster made the claims in the first place. As such, it was his job to provide the issue numbers for Robin fighting Doctor Light, which he did.

As for the massive amount of stories of Dick Grayson/Nightwing having problems with much slower objects than lasers. I do not remotely have the time available. Sorry.

Anyway, I still think that Robin was keeping track of Doctor Light's slow and clumsy body movements, and avoiding his blasts that way.

Yeah this definitely feels too high an end for the street tiers

I don't see how he's being subversive tho but that's its own thing

Well, I was very tired, grouchy, and stressed out yesterday before I went to bed, but was not reacting to this thread, but to a long patterned experience of behaviour.

I won’t push it anymore, I am leaving the choice to you but I have a question;
How many scans do I have to bring in order to make Robin Relavistic? Does he at least have a chance😕

I won’t push it anymore, I am leaving the choice to you but I have a question;
How many scans do I have to bring in order to make Robin Relavistic? Does he at least have a chance😕
moments like this make me wanna have a key for every single author and story (I know this is ridiculously impractical and somewhat stupid), because comics can be really inconsistent at times 😅

Western superhero comic books are ridiculously inconsistent, and Nightwing has generally been shown as much slower, and also used aim dodging in the scans so far, so it would be an uphill battle. Sorry.

Anyway, I need to apologise to 00potato again, as I did not behave in a professional manner at all above. It is a major problem that my behaviour turns erratic and even irrational depending on how tired and stressed out I am at the time.

The speed of light is more of a reflex speed when Robin avoids from attacks
Do you mean perception speed? Because reflex speed would translate to dodging and moving at Rel speeds, which factors into scaling and combat speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back