• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Force upgrade (CW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
So currently the Speed Force sits at Low 2-C for being defined as an endless void of time, as well as statements of encompassing time. The latter bit btw comes from Eobard's statement that the past, present and future exists at once in the speed force, as well as Savitar's endgoal involving splitting himself across all of time through the speedforce. There's also a statement of it being a "Pan temporal extradimension", which given the meaning of pan and temporal, most likely means that it once again, exists across time

Now here's the thing, the fact that the speedforce exists across all of time is the mechanism behind the time traveling abilities of speedsters, you enter the speedforce, through it find a point in time you want to visit, and travel there. This is not limited to just one universe however, which is the important thing, speedsters exist across the entire multiverse, and theoretically every single one of them has the ability to time travel using this mechanism, in fact characters like zoom have done so canonically.

Basically, given that the Speedforce logically encompasses time across all universes in the multiverse, which is infinite, the Speedforce itself should be a 2-A structure rather than Low 2-C, which is I what I'm arguing here. Please give your opinions on this below

I'm not really the best person to ask about characters Tier 2 or above since it always confuses me, but from what I read here this seems fine.

Does the CW speedforce have evidence of being a singular phenomenon rather than a bunch of common ones? As an example you wouldn't say that gravity is 2-A for being part of every universe, since it's just a fudemental force. So is there evidence that there's only one 2-A speedforce rather than an infinite amount of Low 2-C speedforces?

I'm pretty sure it has never once been mentioned that there are different speed forces across different universes, plus even Jay Garrick, who comes from another universe, always refers to the speed force as if it's one entity, not something plural across universes

He's also called it "an essential element of the multiverse"

https://youtu.be/NPmkl60OPh4 (1:20)

He also does suggest in the video that it's city sized, but there are other statements to contradict it

Qawsedf234 said:
Does the CW speedforce have evidence of being a singular phenomenon rather than a bunch of common ones? As an example you wouldn't say that gravity is 2-A for being part of every universe, since it's just a fudemental force. So is there evidence that there's only one 2-A speedforce rather than an infinite amount of Low 2-C speedforces?
When Flash (DC Extended Universe) went into the Speed Force, he met with Flash (CW), who had also gone into the Speed Force just before. So unless these two different Flashes share the same Speed Force while the rest don't, I think it's safe to say there's only one.

Technically you could have a city-sized dimension which connects to the entire multiverse. The Speed Force is most likely a higher-dimensional structure like in the comics however but I don't know if we have proof of that. It encompassing time across the multiverse does make it 2-A most likely tho.

I am not sure if encompassing time alone is quantifiable in terms of destructive capacity/raw power.

It shows that's its size is equal to a timeline or multiple timelines, which I'm fairly sure we can give ratings for

Qawsedf234 said:
What are the contradicting statements?
It was previously stated to be an endless void of time and energy by Jay garrick, and in the recent Crisis crossover Barry stated that the Speed force was infinite

Also Zoom planned to destroy the infinite earths by harnessing the energy from both him and barry running across a special machine, which shows that the Speed Force contains high 3-A energy within itself

Overall the "destroyed by a nuke" thing seems like clear plot nonsense

Didn't Jay think a nuke was powerful enough to destroy the speedforce in that episode were Barry was trying to stop the nuke from destroying the city and thought about dumping it into the speedforce?.

Nevermind!, I see that was the video you linked, my bad. I guess given the contradictions we can easily disregard that statement. I guess 2-A structure fine but I'm not good with Tier 2 stuff like this sadly.

Andytrenom said:
It shows that's its size is equal to a timeline or multiple timelines, which I'm fairly sure we can give ratings for
That is a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back