• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalizes to...

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is abit of a weird question which I don't think will become relevant often but still, would be good to know.

When we equalize speed, do we lower the faster character's speed to match the slower character? Or do we increase the slower character's speed to match the faster character?

Follow-up question too, btw,

When we're talking about fast attacks retaining their speed, are we talking proportionally or are they just the initial-pre-equalization speed

They retain the same speed proportion. I suggested to keep their original speed when the attack's speed its independently of the character's, but it was ultimately rejected.

Sorry to jump in, but I have a question that has always bugged me, and nobody ever gave me a straight answer.
How are speed amps officially treated in speed equalized matches? Do they even count? And if so, how are they applied?

If there's there's no official rule then there's nothing I can say about it, I believe OP makes the rules (but I think they may work similar to speed equal, so stats lowered).

Equal stat matches can't be added, that's all, but nothing prevents you from making an equal stat match for fun.

Sorry, but I've got another one. Would the speed amp still be allowed if it results in a speed blitz?

Can go both ways since all-stat-equal matches are generally reserved for the Fun and Games thread.
Huh, so senario, a planet level dude fights wall level dude, if equal stats for the stronger character then the wall dude will be able to blow up planets which is something he couldn't do and if equal stats for the weaker then the stronger guy won't be able to blow up planets anymore because he's now wall level, this is the same for speed too BTW characters cross distance faster than they should if the equal speed goes to the faster character and vice versa. What do you do then?

Huh, so senario, a planet level dude fights wall level dude, if equal stats for the stronger character then the wall dude will be able to blow up planets which is something he couldn't do and if equal stats for the weaker then the stronger guy won't be able to blow up planets anymore because he's now wall level, this is the same for speed too BTW characters cross distance faster than they should if the equal speed goes to the faster character and vice versa. What do you do then?
Well most of the times I've seen the weaker dude get bumped up to the higher tier.

Back