• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalized

I'm with Ever here. Characters who have MFTL+ speed vary A LOT and it makes it virtually impossible to have non equal speed matches.

I still think that equalising combat speed, reaction speed, and movement speed should be equalised, but attack speed should not. Characters with attack speeds on another speed level than their normal combat speed aren't that common from what I've seen on this site. Plus it won't make it a blitz seeing as there are still ways for a character to get around an opponent's higher attack speed, such as teleportation, forcefields, etc.

What if a subsonic speed character with a FTL sword move fights a peak human speed level with speed equalized except for attack speed? Well in that case it would be a massive blitz for the subsonic character, making it very unfair

Not really. If the subsonic character's sword can move at ftl speeds somehow, that's still their attack, which the subsonic character must still aim and "activate" with their own subsonic reactions. When all other attack speeds are equalised, the peak human could still stay back out of the way of the sword with their own movement speed and reactions, or find some other way to get around the ftl sword by attacking from multipl angles at once / teleporting / setting up a trap / etc

I don't think it's possible for someone with subsonic speeds to be even remotely capable to doge a FTL sword. That character would never be able to even get close, pretty unfair.

Either I still propose that this be up to the OP and whether he/she wants to equalize all speeds or all but attack speed

Not dodging. Once Peak human character is in range of the FTL sword, then they cannot dodge. But they can stay out of range of the FTL sword to begin with. And use ranged attacks, traps, hax, etc

You know that's assuming most characters have ranged attacks, traps, or hax. But what about characters with only a bunch of weapons? Or characters like Mr. Incredible, The Thing, or others like that?

Then that's their problem that they don't have a counter to that attack speed, just like in a completely different fight one character might not have a counter to their opponent's ability. I mean, you are basically saying here that if one character doesn't have a counter other character's ability it is unfair.

And both Mr Incredible and the Thing could pick up a boulder and throw it or something.

I'm just saying it would be called a blitz and the fight wouldn't even be allowed in the first place (oh trust me it be closed in seconds)

It isn't a blitz seeing as with combat, movement, and reactino speed equalised, peak human character X can still see subsonic character Y approaching and back up, get out of range, and generally have actual time to formulate a strategy and fight back rather than dying the moment the fight starts as they would if it was an actual blitz

Back