• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Speed Equalized] Chara vs Super Dimentio

Even if you find me an example, it doesn't matter since Paper Mario's dimension flipping is just a fun game gimmick. And not to be taken as mathematical, spacial dimensions in the slightest

The dimensional technique has been mentioned at various times in the history of the game, I do not see why it should be taken as mechanics, would simply ignore the story.

And if we were to Paper Mario would've gotten some drastic downgrades/upgrades a long time ago.

No, no really. I believe he would only receive a drastic downgrade if he were restricted to the second dimension, which is not the case.

Also you did not say that. You keep insisting Dimentio will stay 3-D while Chara is 2-D. Not that he'd turn his entire surroundings including himself "2-D" like I said.

And the fact that he made Chara 2-D prevent Dimentio to return to the third dimension?

Because if we don't use that line of reasoning for his tiering, why should we use that for a match up of his?

Because, again, this would only mean a downgrade to Dimentio and Paper Mario if they were restricted to the second dimension, which is far from being a reality.

@Kevyn I did not say it was game mechanics. I said it was a gimmick not meant to be taken seriously. Inhabitants of the "2nd Dimension" have digestion tracks and are capable of percieving depth. It acts nothing like the actual second spacial dimension.

There is also a reason why Paper Mario and Dimentio don't have 11-A keys, or that the possibility of flipping to higher dimensions has not been accepted. Paper Mario's dimension flipping is not taken as actual spacial dimensions here. You can check various threads where Antvasima, our top Mario expert Dino Ranger Black and other staffs have rejected the notion.

Dimentio has never been shown capable of selectively flipping things into "2-D." Or attack 2-D beings from the 3rd Dimension. And whenever he's flipped into 3-D everything around him turns 3-D as well.

The main reasoning of your vote is an interpretation of Dimentio's powers that this site has repetedly rejected for logical reasons. And a usage of his powers that he has never shown capable of performing.

@Ryu I've read all discussions on the Dimentio and Paper Mario before I created this and this threads, and honestly, I don't agree with this interpretation because that would imply ignoring much of the history of the game. I'm not in the mood to discuss it, then do what you want. If you reject the Flip simply remove it from the Paper Mario profile.

I'm not saying reject the power entirely. But it is not a wise decision to treat this as the literal 2nd spacial dimension, as it acts completely nothing unlike it. With their "2nd Dimension" having traits exlusive to the 3rd dimension and above. It is not unheard of for us to not rate higher dimensional as Tier 1 due to the authors knowing nothing about how dimensions work. And it's the same case here.

And if we are going to accept the less logical interpretation of the power, then AT LEAST apply the powers in the ways they have actually been shown to work. Not things such as Dimentio chosing specific things to flip, flipping an environment besides himself or attacking a 2-D entitiy while he is still within the 3rd. Which he has never demonstrated.

But Talonmask has gotten in circles trying to explain some of these things with you, and I don't plan on doing the same. And you claim to not be in the mood to discuss things, so I am dropping this now.

Would the floro sprout work on chara? it seems like a viable way to prevent save/load. besides, wouldn't chara need the pure hearts to put down Dimentio? either way, my vote goes to Super Dimentio.

ShadowStorm65 said:
Would the floro sprout work on chara? it seems like a viable way to prevent save/load. besides, wouldn't chara need the pure hearts to put down Dimentio? either way, my vote goes to Super Dimentio.
1. This thread has been inactive for a year. Your not supposed to comment on dead threads.

2. How would floor sprout stop time manipulation.

3. I can name a ton of 2-b's who would never be able to use a pure heart but would still stomp dementio hard.

Ik, but I thought it would be nice if someone just closed this, or declare a winner. This has been open long enough.

Bombzilla said:
Alright. But I feel like we have WAY too many fights that were not finished and just left to rot.

Btw Dimentio FRA

Back