• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spawn Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
This is long overdue.

A lot of what I'm about to post I gathered from my own research, while others come from this Respect Thread:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/spawn-simmons/4005-3381/forums/spawn-tribute-thread-1463736/

Firstly, a clarification. There are four Spawns throughout the Comic History:

Classic Spawn. Second Metamorphosis Spawn (Also known as Greg Capullo Spawn). Hell King Spawn. And finally Divine Spawn.

Classic Spaw

Second Metamorphosis

Hell King Spaw

Divine Spaw

Classic Spawn:

Now, Original Spawn is notable because he DOES NOT scale to almost any of the High-Tier Feats I will link here. In his original fight with Angela, who will actually end up being the character to push these upgrades the most, Al Simmons got completely demolished . He also never really defeated the Reedemer, a powerful warrior of Heaven send to kill him.

Strength Wise, most Early Stories seem to treat him as Tier 8, but there is one notable feat we can use to gauge him:

• Lifting Strength Wise, Spawn is a Class 100 to 1000. He lifted the Building Sized Dark God Urizen as he was stepped o . (This is actually a Capullo Spawn feat)
Speed Wise, he has the following feats:

• Spawn fought and defeated Simon Pure. Simon was so fast to be capable of killing and hanging seven cops to the entrance of a Police Station (Gore ) in literally seven frame s. That means that Simon would have to kill the cop, carry him from inside of the Station to the entrance, tie him to the place and leave the entrance in one frame. I wish someone could calc this, as it's one of the series' most impressive speed feats. (This isn't a Classic Spawn feat, but since Capullo Spawn is only stated to be stronger, not faster, I think it scales)
Second Metamorphosis:

After nearly dying, Spawn's Costume reformed and came back far stronger than before. As evidence of this upgrade in power, here is Spawn's original fight with The Redeemer . Here is the second. Another statement .

Another evidence is that Spawn fought somewhat evenly with Tiffany , an angel stronger than Angela.

Alright, so let's talk about feats:

Capullo Spawn... Doesn't have all that many. However, we do have the certainty that he scales to Angela, do to fighting alongside her in battle, being stronger than her, facing enemies stronger than her and winning when at his peak.

So, to measure Second Metamorphosis Spawn, let's show Angela's feats... And this is where this gets ridiculous:

• Angela is an incredibly powerful Angel. This is demonstrated when she faces against 2 Angelic Hosts , each composed of 100,000 angels, and wins quite easily . Also notable is that she orders the angels to back away "1,000 Light Years or so" or she'd fly to the nearest star and throw their leader into it.
Finally, we reach The Argus / Kron, the most impressive feat so far.

What is The Argus? It is an alien demonic beast created from all the wasted souls of a planet, whose form is ever changing but appears in the comic as a Spider Monster.

This is absolutely insane, and would put Angela and Spawn at "At least 4-B, likely 3-B" in terms of Tier.

Hell King Spawn:

Following with Hell King Spawn, who is actually more impressive.

• Spawn became a Hell King by killing the current one in a fit of Rage Boost, causing a universal quake (Gore ).
This would make Hell King Spawn 3-A or High 3-A.

Divine Spaw:

At least 2-C.

Final Tally:

Classic Spaw
:

• Attack Potency: Star level
  • Speed: At least Hypersonic+, Lightspeed through "Teleportation"
Capullo Spawn / Angela:

• Attack Potency: At least Solar System level, likely Multi-Galaxy level
  • Speed: MFTL+
Hell King Spawn:

• Attack Potency: Universe level or High Universe level
  • Speed: MFTL+
Divine Spawn:

• Attack Potency: At least Multi-Universe level
  • Speed: Immeasurable

Only issue I have is the star statement, wouldn't Heart of a Star yield much lower results?

Everything else seems fine.

It is from a very odd issue, but even then he isn't that weaker than other characters.

Perhaps it would be best to fuse Classic and Capullo into Base?

Omega Spawn is described multiple times to be on par with Malebolgia, so we can say he is on the same level as King of Hell Spawn (AKA Between 3-A and High 3-A)

I still think base Spawn shouldn't be Star level. I remember that according to this wiki, to survive in the core of a star is 'continent+' level, it would be even weaker if that only meant with the heat.

This all seems totally reasonable, with the only small exception being classic Spawn's star feat, the two reasons being in context, the feat isn't nearly as clear cut, and the fact that withstanding the weight of a star's core/heart is well below star level.

Other than that, all scaling and feats seem accurate, from what I can see.

Omega Spawn is a different character altogether, and he has a "Omniversal" feat. It's complete nonsense.

And you all are probably right about the "Heart of a Star" not being Star level. How would we quantify Classic Spawn?

I'm not sure. It's been a while, but I remember most of Classic Spawn's feats being more around Building to City Block level. However, he could have some really good ones that I'm missing, so maybe just adding stuff like "At least" and "Likely higher" would work if there aren't any other relevant scans available.

Classic Spawn's best feat is around city level by destroying the Necroplasm city and absorbing it. It also scales with how Violator's Brothers (who are below Violator and Spawn) managed to cover a portion of New York in a barrier

Also, the feat of 'Omniversal Omega Spawn' is taken out of context AND it's non-canon because Image United is incomplete.

By the way, this has nothing to do with Image Comics?

... But does City Level Marvel Angela really feel right?

I mean, she has fought both Thor and Female Thor, and has come out on equal / superior footing on both occasions.

Well, you already know that Marvel is the king of inconsistency. Hulk has lost to an ordinary snake and Captain America, Thor has been rendered unconscious by an ordinary handgun, and so onwards.

Stan Lee even stated outright that Marvel has "whoever the writer wants to win wins" as a fundamental principle, regardless how completely illogical it is.

Speaking of the current Thor writer, he lets female Thor fight Odin in one moment, and be beaten by the Silver Samurai in the next. He isn't exactly reliable.

He technically probably never was. Stan Lee abided strongly by his own principle.

It was never written as such. Thor routinely struggled against street levels and then fought against god like threats who could rock the universe. The only consistency was that the Destroyer kept defeating him in every straight encounter

The only thing I disagree with is Classic Spawn's speed being Hypersonic+, Lightspeed through teleportation

But everything else I agree with 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back