• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spawn and 23d

Why is this not considered canon? I'm not a Spawn fan and have never read it, I just don't wonder why certain people consider it canon and others don't? Why such confusion and who is right?

I'm talking about it

Last edited:
You need to prove the superiority. In this series, these are intersecting planes like Hell and Heaven.

Well, this scan clearly talks about mathematical dimensions, and not about individual "universes" like asgard or the SCP-106 dimension
Obviously, its not talking about Universes. Its a singular Universe with different dimensions intersecting. Hell is called the Fifth Dimension but it just a separate plane not some higher form of infinity. Just a place people go when they die. It doesn't matter to Spawn because it kinda contradicts the whole thing regarding Satan and God and so on. Not sure what the canonical relationship between Top Cow and Image Comics is in this site.

Obviously, its not talking about Universes. Its a singular Universe with different dimensions intersecting. Hell is called the Fifth Dimension but it just a separate plane not some higher form of infinity. Just a place people go when they die. It doesn't matter to Spawn because it kinda contradicts the whole thing regarding Satan and God and so on. Not sure what the canonical relationship between Top Cow and Image Comics is in this site.
Can you please send me the pages of the comic where it says that the dimensions in Spawn are different planes? About the last one. As far as I know, this comic featured characters from classic Spawn issues.

Why is this not considered canon? I'm not a Spawn fan and have never read it, I just don't wonder why certain people consider it canon and others don't? Why such confusion and who is right?

I'm talking about it
It's from Tom Judge's The Rapture, and it's not canon to the Spawn continuity because the comic was published by Top Cow. Top Cow ended their partnership in 1996 due to a power struggle with Rob Liefeld, who was Image's associate that also left the company.

Last edited:
It's from Tom Judge's The Rapture, and it's not canon to the Spawn continuity because the comic was published by Top Cow. Top Cow ended their partnership in 1996 due to a power struggle with Rob Liefeld, who was Image's associate that also left the company.
Why does the fact that the company stopped working with Image make these comics non-canon? These comics still exist.

Why does the fact that the company stopped working with Image make these comics non-canon? These comics still exist.
That might be the case, but they're still owned by different publishing companies, and there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest that they're canon to each other. Plus, The Rapture was published in 2003 by Top Cow after they left Image in 1996.

That might be the case, but they're still owned by different publishing companies, and there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest that they're canon to each other. Plus, The Rapture was published in 2003 by Top Cow after they left Image in 1996.
wait, if they stopped working together, why is this comic published?

Because Top Cow is an imprint of Image Comics. I am not sure why you are so confused.

Because Top Cow is an imprint of Image Comics. I am not sure why you are so confused.
I'm not trying to prove that they are canon, no, I just want to understand it. To use it in the future.

I still just don't understand why this isn't canon just because it's a different company, even though it's posted by Images.

I'm not trying to prove that they are canon, no, I just want to understand it. To use it in the future.

I still just don't understand why this isn't canon just because it's a different company, even though it's posted by Images.
Why would something published by a different company be canon? Like I said, its an imprint of Image Comics.

Why would something published by a different company be canon? Like I said, its an imprint of Image Comics.

Well, modern Star Wars comics are written by Marvel, but they are considered canon.

Plus, this is not a completely separate company, these are imprints, that is, they are interconnected and this comic was published on behalf of Image.

Well, modern Star Wars comics are written by Marvel, but they are considered canon.

Plus, this is not a completely separate company, these are imprints, that is, they are interconnected and this comic was published on behalf of Image.
Star Wars comics have always been published by Marvel. Not sure what your point is with that.

So, you have proof that these are canon because being imprints aren't enough. Also, like I said you will need to prove the superiority of these dimensions.

Back