• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
"Meng Hao saw countless dimensions of space, all of them different sizes. Some were blurry, others were clear. They transformed into countless threads, threads that Meng Hao was very familiar with; every time he unleashed the Eighth Hex, these threads would appear, bind whoever was the target of the magic and seal their cultivation base as well as their Nascent Divinity.

Originally, Meng Hao had assumed that the threads were natural laws of Heaven and Earth. But now that he could see them clearly, he understood that they... were definitely not natural or magical laws!

They were dimensional spaces!

Numerous dimensional spaces superimposed over each other and then exerted pressure onto a cultivator to seal their cultivation base and Nascent Divinity

The entire starry sky shook, and the Outsider who had transformed into a sea of flames seethed as he once again bore down on Meng Hao. However, instead of slamming into Meng Hao, he passed right through him.

It was as if Meng Hao was now hovering, not in the Mountain and Sea Realm, but in some other dimensional space. The only thing which remained behind was a shadow, an image which everyone could see but not touch!"

My thoughts: - The dimensional spaces are layered, superimposed over each other;

- They're called Spatial Dimensions which is also what you call the dimensions in string theory String Theory itself ;

- Higher Dimensions, Layered Dimensions, Extra-Dimensions, Higher Spatial Dimensions, and Higher Spatio-Temporal Dimensions are used interchangeably to describe the same thing in regards to size, shape, geometry, etc. used in conjunction with M-Theory context and Hilbert Space;

-This results in layers of hierarchical dimensions to me.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Sounds like it could be 1-B.
Thanks for opinion, I'm trying to make a Cosmology for a verse and a page for one character from there (Meng Hao from the quote above). And I need to be sure on some thinge and hear some opinions for feats so I can make a sketch of profile.

Does anyone have other opinions about this subject? I want to hear what other thinks about this quote if possible.

That they have different sizes and that the "dimensions of space" are in my understanding also referred to as "dimensional spaces" makes it sound more like the term dimension refers to a spatial realms here, in my opinion.

In my understanding the superimposed thing is not refering to higher/lower layers of existence, but the way the dimensions are processed to create the threads.

There is also this one:

"What is space...?" Meng Hao murmured. The sound of his voice echoed out, causing the starry sky to shake. Although his eyes were closed, in his mind, he could see numerous dimensional spaces, spreading out in all directions, stretching out over such a vast area that they seemed limitless.

"Length... is space....

"Height... is space....

"Breadth... is also space....

"Size can also be an expression of space...." Among the countless dimensional spaces, he saw that they could be described in terms of length, height, breadth, and overall size. And yet all of that seemed to be only a portion of what space was. Those were all... descriptions of space."

Here he talks about what space is and how the countless dimensional spaces spread in all directions but also how the writer use (X, Y, Z - geometric dimensions) in regard of dimensions. Meaning beyond the first three spatial dimensions.

There also this "only a portion of what space was", meaning that is not only the first three spatial dimensions but beyond that.

It said length, height, and breadth (width) and overall size was only a portion of the dimensional space it was talking about, in this case, there are countless dimensional spaces/levels/layers of dimensions that super-impose on each other in conjunction with the earlier quote beyond the X, Y, Z. And the first three geometric spatial dimensions were only a portion of that.

It's like how X, Y, Z (dimensions) are only a portion of what space was, implying there are more to the dimensionality of space beyond length, height and breadth, and overall size.

So, the author thinks that X, Y, Z are all only a portion of what space was. They were all still descriptions of space but only a portion of it. So there are like Countless Dimensions beyond the X, Y, Z.

Coupled with the fact that the earlier quotes speak of dimensions as super-imposing layers upon each other.

So, it's saying overall, that the Countless Spatial Dimensions was more than just 3-Dimensional geometrically.

There is also these:

- "the area around him distorted, occasionally expanding, occasionally contracting. Sometimes it would bulge upward and downward, and sometimes it would sweep out to the left or right"

- "'Currently nothing in existence could get close to that area, with the exception of Meng Hao, who was now gaining enlightenment of the Essence of space.

Meng Hao's body was also in a distorted state of transformation. Rumbling could be heard as he expanded, then shrunk. In one instant he was as tiny as a mustard seed, in another, as huge as the Heavens!"

- "As of now, his state exceeded that of the Eighth Generation Demon Sealer when he actually created the Eighth Hex. At that time, he had only needed to understand the initial aspects regarding length, height, breadth, and size. With that, he had been able to create the Eighth Hex.

On the other hand, what Meng Hao was contemplating was beyond that. He was contemplating the very Essence of space!

That was an Essence filled with endless possibilities, and Meng Hao wanted to know all of them!"

- "In my eyes, the world is just a canvas."'

You can see here how he talks about the space being distorted, expanding, contracting, bulging upward and downward, sweeping out to the left and right.

Also, how "nothing in existence could get close to that area" and how his body "was as tiny as a mustard seed, in another, as huge as the Heave".

The most important things in the quotes upwards are how he was contemplating beyond that, beyond the X, Y, Z ― geometric dimensions and how it had endless possibilities. And finally, after he reached the state of mastering the Essence of Space, in his "eyes. The world is just a canvas.".

What do you think of these points?

The original post I wasn't sure about.

But the follow up post where dimensional space is talked about in relation to length, breadth, height and size makes it clear that these are spatial dimensions.

Countless probably means 1-B, but after our upcoming revisions the series has to treat higher dimensions as qualitatively superior.

Well the world of ISSTH is a Xianxia one (where everything is bigger). The Cosmology is based on the Three Thousand Great Worlds from Buddhism and it's infinity seeds of realms. In ISSTH, there was once the Paragon Immortal Real, The Immortal God Continent (Immortal Astral Continent), Devil Realm Continent and the 3000 Lower Realms. And the Vast Expanse Planet which is comparable to Immortal God Continent. All of those Realms/Continents are in The Vast Expanse. So a very complex cosmology. Now in Present (before the end of series and of course before the war). So, there are the Immortal God Continent, Devil Realm Continent, The Vast Expanse Planet, the 33 Heavens (34 if you count the Windswept Realm), and the Mountain and Sea Realm which contains the 9 Mountains and 9 Seas. And there is also the Pocket Realm - Spiritstar Realm. Such a complex and confusing Cosmology.

Anyway, then the 33 Heavens each of them are bigger than the whole Mountain and Sea Realm. And every one of 33 Heavens is bigger than another, something like a Piramyd, while the Mountain and Sea Realm is the smallest Realm.

Then the Immortal God Continent - Devil Realm Continent - Vast Expanse School are bigger than all of those added but not bigger or near close in size than them three.

I've tried to make this one (not the best skills in the paint).
34 Heavens

Also in each of these realms are countless seeds (Realms) that at their row have countless seeds(Realms) in them.

The 9 Mountains and 9 Seas are 9 Universe which all make the Mountain and Sea Realm. Each of this Mountain and Sea has 4 major planets that orbit around a Mountain (where the actions happen or so) and then there are countless landmasses which can be smaller or bigger than those planets in space.

This one is not mine, but for better understanding.
5785451-8314935407-AjUzg
When they were fist introduced, to reach one of them from another you need to have a method of teleporting through Dimensions or to be at a level where you could simple "will" yourself there.

Ps. They are separated not in same space (before the war began).

I see, but do you think what I wrote is enough for a sketch for a profile verse? I mean for Cosmology. Just as in idea.

I am too busy to get in-depth about this right now. Sorry. Perhaps somebody else in this thread can help you out.

Bump for those that can give me an opinion on my last info that I posted.

Like I said from what I know. I wont say it's wrong or right 100 % but from my knowledge countless means in basic is without number, innumerable, incalculable, too many to be counted.

Countless just means a really high number. It won't be treated as infinite unless explicitly stated.

No problem, I wont argue that. I'm up for any opinions that's why I asked people to look over the Blog and this Thread.

Thanks for the input. Anyway, now that I have made the sketch for Terms/Cultivation/Ranks what do I need to do for this verse? I know that what I have written in those blogs need to be approved/debunked and accepted.

Well, you can ask some of the following VS Battles Staff members to give input here:

Ryukama

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

I've asked three of them to look over the blogs if possible. Now, I'll wait to see.

Back