• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spamton Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
So, Spamton.

This calc is scaled to the rest of his attacks just because it deals the same amount of damage, something easily accountable to being game mechanics. It takes 7 seconds minimum to charge up if Spamton is slammed repeatedly during the charge time.

And that brings me to my next and final issue: How much The Fun Gang actually tanked. This is an explosion folks and is treated as such in the calc, while no matter the distance you are from the hitbox it'd still deal the same amount of damage that can also be accounted to game mechanics... wait, hold on a minute, if it's treated as a soul attack it actually pierces Kris's soul, something that pierces their general Soul Manipulation resistance, which means it dura negs through Kris's soul manip resistance anyway and cannot be used at all for scaling.

Spamton's explosion deals the same damage at all distances, meaning the explosion is too unrealistic in its effects to be calculated.

Last edited:
Nope. I disagree with the CRT completely.

First, you are being completely ignorant about how SOUL Hax works in the first place. Any attack in the game is directed to the SOUL directly, as stated in Kris, Susie and Ralsei's profiles, they can take SOUL Attacks as physical ones, so it doesn't negate their durability, because it's literally attached to their SOUL.

TL;DR: The final issue makes no sense, it's a SOUL-attacking explosion attacking someone who has SOUL resistance to take said attacks as physical ones. The value is perfectly usable.

Your first point is just weak. Game Mechanics are not an argument, if the attack was supposed to be any stronger than his other bullets, it would simply do more damage.

The SOUL has 0.013 Ton durability, and Spamton can harm it with regular attacks, end of story. Unfollowing, btw, this is more than sufficient to convince people against this kind of argument.

Let me use an example of a verse with the exact same kind of soul hax resistance as Deltarune. Undertale. Sans to be specific. His bone and Gaster Blaster attacks go through the soul that tanks soul attacks as physical ones, And as such bypasses the resistance, Spamton's explosion is doing the same thing, and even if it did apply to the resistance the below point is a massive worry.

That my good sir is an explosion. Explosions, even at point blank range, have ridiculous amounts of fall off based on Surface area. You'd need to get Kris's soul's surface area and calculate how much of that explosion was actually tanked for it to be used for their durability.

Let me use an example of a verse with the exact same kind of soul hax resistance as Deltarune. Undertale. Sans to be specific. His bone and Gaster Blaster attacks go through the soul that tanks soul attacks as physical ones, And as such bypasses the resistance, Spamton's explosion is doing the same thing, and even if it did apply to the resistance the below point is a massive worry.
Sans is the only exception from Undertale, literally everyone else works as I stated above. Sans has Karma, which ignores invincibility frames. (aka Metafiction/Breaking an aspect of the game)
His Soul Hax itself only deals one damage. Your point is just absolutely weak here...

You answered the "surface area" argument in the OP, it's the same damage regardless of the distance. Sigh....

Btw, I just answered because you were making a blatantly false positive claim about Undertale, now I'm gone. See ya.

Agree with Charmander, this seens more like you didn't looked nor serched about It enough

Like, if 2 is = 2, them a atack thst does X damage is = a atack that does X damage

That my good sir is an explosion. Explosions, even at point blank range, have ridiculous amounts of fall off based on Surface area. You'd need to get Kris's soul's surface area and calculate how much of that explosion was actually tanked for it to be used for their durability.
I just gona say one thing about sans, he has 3 mechanics in his atacks

The first one is that soul manipulation stuff, sans atacos harm directly frisk soul, frisk sufers ase fisical harm

The second is Karma, bassically sans atacks not only ignorer convencional dura by atacking the soul, they also have "soul poison" effect

The last one, intangible atacks, diferent from other atacos in Undertale, this is a mechanic that only sans has, his atacks pass trough thwir tartrget dealing damage evert "frame" they are inside the soul

In other words, sans is a infuriating ALL times rule changing that you shouldn't try to compare any thing to him

And spamton atack was a explsoion, so saing that "It pass trough the soul like sans ones" just don't make sense(not to mention that kris can tank that explosion point blank if he just go to it)

Unfollowing now

You do realize that the same damage at all distances thing can actually be used AGAINST it being an even somewhat realistic explosion and as such literally cannot be calculated, right? As in, the calc is completely invalid and can't even be recalculated.

If your going to not answer any counter arguments then I better not hear complaints if it's accepted and I go in and remove the calc from Spamton's profile.

So, to TLDR

Game mechanics is considered a weak argument on my end.

Sans example is called invalid(most of the OP isn't valid)

I argued that it can no longer be considered a realistic enough explosion to calculate due to it dealing the same amount of damage at all distances.

Lemon and GodlyCharmander left for some reason and as such can't counter any arguments of mine unless they come back, making their disagreement with the CRT invalid, along with everyone who disagrees for their reasons above this post

Last edited:
This is completely wrong, and I question if you actually fought against Spamton in the game.

Kris only gets damaged by the explosion when they receive it point-blank, by running into it at the end of the attack. If you move to other end of the box, at the edge, you don't receive any damage, which is consistent as being even a few meters from the epicenter of the explosion would greatly reduce the intensity you would receive from it.

I took only 32 damage from this attack in the Snowgrave route even though my Kris was heavily focused on offensive damage, without barely any defense.

And even if this wasn't the case, it would just mean that Spamton's final attack maintain its intensity all throughout the area of the explosion, and not invalidate the feat. At the contrary, it would make it much stronger via inverse square law.

This is completely wrong, and I question if you actually fought against Spamton in the game.

Kris only gets damaged by the explosion when they receive it point-blank, by running into it at the end of the attack. If you move to other end of the box, at the edge, you don't receive any damage, which is consistent as being even a few meters from the epicenter of the explosion would greatly reduce the intensity you would receive from it.

I took only 32 damage from this attack in the Snowgrave route even though my Kris was heavily focused on offensive damage, without barely any defense.
Thank you for the clarification, this CRT can be officially left to die unless someone else has an argument for the CRT.

I will close this then. Thank you for helping out Therefir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back