• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

South Park: The new kid rotating earth revision

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
This is about this feat of the new kid rotating earth.

As I already mentioned below the calc, I believe this was done through time manipulation.

If it is done through time manipulating the feat would not be useable for its AP rating anymore than a timestop, meaning that the new kid, and those scaling of it, should be downgraded to the next best feat.

The reasons I believe the feat is time manipulation rather than something else are:

1. Basically every other of his fart abilities are time manipulation, it would be plausible that this one is as well.
  2. The handy clock displayed it being 10 days later, just rotating the earth wouldn't make clocks change their time.
  3. Cartman was voted mayor in the time they skipped. Him becoming mayor wouldn't go any faster just because the earth rotated a few times.
  4. Morgan freeman calls it time shift anomaly
  5. Outright said to have farted them forward in time
  6. When he learned that technique it was described as a way to make time pass more quickly .
Opinions?

I think that DontTalk makes sense.

Terrarian's win against the New Kid will have to be removed then.

Sadly.

Though, I'm no staff member or knowledgeable member. I've seen TFBW and I'd say this is time manipulation.

So I agree, reluctantly.

Well, South Park is a fairly prominent franchise, so somebody should preferably handle this.

That said, yes this is a silly revision for a recurrently silly series.

Well, I would appreciate if somebody would be willing to revise all of the pages that have been scaled from this.

But I asked all 3 members listed under South Park in the Knowledgeable Members List to comment here.

I suppose that reverting the profiles to their statistics before this calculation might be an idea, but I am not aware of if it is possible in all cases.

Doesn't the attack still visually rotate the planet? I've only played SOT so I can't be of help here.

Well, time manipulation would also rotate the Earth.

I mean, even if it was...wouldnt it just be an outlier? The best feat iirc a character in south park has is at best tier 8.

Although iirc, there is a professor chaos storm calc somewhere that was Low 7-C.

Seems like an outlier to me, so I agree.

Agreed. However, the question is what statistics that we should downgrade these characters to. If there are none to be found, we might have to place them as unknown for the time being.

The characters should be stronger than the first game but also comparable to the bosses that they fight. The only notable bosses are King New Kid and Monster Kyle. Without using the Earth rotation feat, The New Kid should scale to Monster Kyle at the time as Building or Large Building level.

Okay. That seems far more reasonable.

Would you be willing to adjust the pages accordingly? You would have to remember to update both the tier, attack potency, striking strength, and durability statistics, as well as the tier category at the bottom though.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help. You can tell me here if you need any pages unlocked.

I am not familiar with that calculation, so I do not know if it is applicable to the South Park games.

Again, I do not know, but if there are some useful calculations available, please list them below.

Well, I we're removing the feat then I should bring up the fact they beat a Building to Large Building sized mutated Kyle Shwatz so we should probably not place it back to Small Building

Firestorm808 said:
The characters should be stronger than the first game but also comparable to the bosses that they fight. The only notable bosses are King New Kid and Monster Kyle. Without using the Earth rotation feat, The New Kid should scale to Monster Kyle at the time as Building or Large Building level.

Monster Kyle? You mean the boss that the New Kid had to rotate the earth to defeat?

How do you get large building level from this? Even in the cutscene prior he's most likely 9-A at best.

He is small building in the previous game, and he is much stronger than before. Building level should be fine.

Being much stronger doesn't necessarily mean moving up an entire tier, especially if the 9-A feat comes from defeating an opponent who is room level at best via size.

I doubt 9-A for Stick of Truth New Kid anyway. His feats seem to be more 9-B to me.

@ArbitraryNumbers

Please explain why the Stick of Truth version of the new kid should be 9-B.

Also, would you be willing to handle the statistics updates for the South Park character profiles?

@Ant

Because the Giant Nazi Zombie Fetus is hardly room sized, and its only feat comes from busting down a wall and easily tearing humans and soldiers apart. I'm very iffy on making it 9-A, but I'm not that worried about it as it's somewhat up to interpretation.

I just know from experience via calcing JoJo feats that it's rather difficult to break Tier 9, and 9-B is a very wide tier where one 9-B can still be hundreds to thousands of times higher than another one. It's sort of a pet peeve of mine to assume tiers based on size unless it's somewhat blatant.

I'm currently in downtime at school right now and I'll be out in about three hours. If the revision takes that long to get accepted then perhaps I'll be willing to take it upon myself.

Also, Tier 7 is still a possibility here. In Stick of Truth, the New Kid can take hits from Photon Torpedoes fired by aliens. It would be a shame to go back to those Tier 9 rankings when we have a potential Tier 7 feat.

This link has some calculations for what I think are hypothetical Photon Torpedoes.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/Obsidian/Martin/photontorpedo.htm

Okay. I think that your reasoning makes sense, so you can probably update the pages to 9-B if you are willing to help out.

You can ask here to get the photon torpedoes feat calculated if you wish:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1295448

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Also, Tier 7 is still a possibility here. In Stick of Truth, the New Kid can take hits from Photon Torpedoes fired by aliens. It would be a shame to go back to those Tier 9 rankings when we have a potential Tier 7 feat.

This link has some calculations for what I think are hypothetical Photon Torpedoes.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/Obsidian/Martin/photontorpedo.htm
Those calculations are for Star Trek, though. I don't know how legitimate any of that is for Star Trek itself, but we probably shouldn't simply apply the yield or mechanism of photon torpedos in star trek to other franchises.

Unless Southpark states the necessary information for the calc by itself, of course.

Back