• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Feat Discussion

I think the Cervantes one could be recalc'd too with how it also has a very violent earthquake going on and spews thunder.

Yeah, it's best we focus on getting these calcs done. Afterwards we may need to create a new more organized thread for the upgrades. So we should turn this into a feat posting thread.

Evil seed
The Evil Seed is often referred to as a "light" and official art makes it out to be a straight line and I think Soul Edge did this, so maybe Speed of Light attack speed? Idk
It also resembles Inferno's ending, probably showing Inferno can do the same thing as it's even referred to as a 'pillar of light' in the same fashion and "Inferno's cry of joy reverberated as if to reach the entire world." may mean something but I don't know, probably not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_usxB4rOM6c&t=145s Inferno's stage when referring to the 'lights' likely mean the souls flying around but in the background you can see bright lights not flying over the stage as it tilts around (through what would clearly be Soul Edge's power), those specifically are likely the stars. As Soul Edge would do this it would award Massively FTL+ speeds for moving those masses at those speeds.

I do not know about Soul Calibur VI's timeline at all, but apparently the lightning does not strike anymore in those special moves SC4 onward, but what do we make of the electricity they take in from the air? All of them can still do it, is it all natural lightning or no?
Lizardman lightning
So the questions are:

Should the lightning timing be disregarded if it is not present in SC4 and SC5?

Should the electricity taken in from the air be counted as lightning?

I say thay just because it isn't present in SC4 and SC5 doesn't make it unviable. Also, I need more context on the second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5qYsXvkYqo Lizardman profile

ENDING

"Inferno disappeared into the infinite darkness with countless lost souls. The overwhelming power, the pure insanity, and the temptation for destruction... Injured during the violent struggle, Lizardman devoted himself to madness. With a hideous roar, Lizardman expressed his lust for more destruction and carnage. Other monstrous abominations gathered under the moonlight as if summoned by his roar. And so the cold-blooded legion led by Lizardman began the hunt for their next prey..."

More possibility here that Inferno has an infinite realm, or just could be flavour text but hey it would still go with the whole "Other side of our own world" supporting a parallel universe.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I say thay just because it isn't present in SC4 and SC5 doesn't make it unviable. Also, I need more context on the second part.
For the electricity from the air? Sometimes they take in that electricity before/during/after a move where lightning is called down upon.
TAKI LIGHTNING
TAKI LIGHTNING 2

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Sorry but do you own SC3? I was thinking if you had it you could maybe post a private video on YouTube of Abyss's ingame profile, figures it would be better than a link to the wiki.

Also, opinion on the aforementioned electricity they utilize to empower their strikes? Should it be considered natural lightning because of how they also use it in some of the same moves where lightning is summoned?

Actually thought of a speed feat for Abyss

"The showdown that took place in this cathedral of light and water was tainted by Zasalamel, the man who seeks death. At that time, the sun faded away, as if overcome by evil, and though it was midday, the world became shrouded in darkness. Abyss, the terrible entity created by Soul Calibur and Soul Edge destroyed the cathedral itself. The energy released by Abyss caused the power of the earth to awaken. Billowing clouds of steam began to rise from the grounds of this palace built upon the nexus of the world's spiritual energy lines. The pure light took on an evil glow and began to twist the hearts of men. The pure water swirled violently and became muddy, releasing the odor of death. This once holy place was turned into a violent land ruled by terror..."

I fully believe at this point that it was a solar eclipse, we may be able to determine distance for the moon due to the 'midday' part and how fast Abyss's power moved the moon.

That is, if you don't buy me saying Soul Edge passively moves the entire cosmos within its dimensions at Massively FTL+ speeds.

Also I'm not sure if it'd be different but Cervantes clearly summoned more than just storm clouds, he summoned thunder clouds and it's possible it went even further than it the calc suggests seeing as the thunderstorm is still present when he is on his ship presumably a good distance away from where he was when he started it.

Also the profile says Mountain level with Soul Edge but he is always using Soul Edge, so it should scale normally not just as some special weapon he can hit harder with, durability wise too. Though I will remind that his version of Soul Edge is nothing compared to the real thing as Soul Calibur 2 clearly makes out.
Cervantes Soul Edge

Large meteor
Abyss also showers the earth with ENORMOUS meteors some even reaching this size (outsizing a nearby cathedral itself) and if you look closely at Abyss he has what looks like a singularity in the centre of his body (if you can't see here just look at gameplay of him)
Abyss boils earth
As he boils the earth he makes a lot of volcanic activity as I've probably said before but I think the fact he changed the temperature of the whole earth to the point it has that blurry fiery effect though.

So to recap:

Abyss boils the whole planet to the point of causing volcanic activity and steam rising from it and changes the temperature of it all to the point it blurs like fire

Abyss causes a solar eclipse in the midday in seconds

Abyss covers the planet in darkness and clouds

Abyss has a possible singularity inside of him

Abyss causes a gigantic meteor shower with meteors the size of skyscrapers

He stirs and muddies water (the greatest feat of all)

He sure has a lot of feats for someone who only shows up for a boss fight. Oh and he's powered by both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur as the prior cutscene shows though he throws out one of the swords depending on who you are playing as.

NLoPS 2
Raphael defeated Nightmare in official canon once, this also references Algol who only showed up later. Again with the "transcend time" thing but it doesn't seem literal of course.

It states the eye was pierced but I'm not so sure about it being because of an inner struggle.

I apologize for not being active here. I will go over all of this during the weekend. But, as Hellbeast said, we don't scale Raphael to Nightmare due to him basically getting stomped and the only reason he won was due to stabbing Soul Edge's eye while Nightmare was struggling with Siegfried.

Did you get the AP and Speed Calcs?

I didn't ask anyone lol. Figured I wouldn't get an answer if I went on calc requests and didn't know who to ask.

Alright, what characters have the quickest moves ingame? Asking this so we can get the best results in the calc as it'll be based on the characters movements relative to to the lightning.

Figured this one with Raphael was ok as things go
Raphael lightning
Raphael lightning 2
Raphael lightning 3

I would suggest just getting a calc from a character moving with or doging lightning. Like the Yun-Seong portion.

They just summon it, wonder if we can still get something off of moving before the lightning dissipates.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I would suggest just getting a calc from a character moving with or doging lightning. Like the Yun-Seong portion.
Did you find anything to contradict Abyss's worldwide stuff?

Nothing actually contradicts it from my knowledge. Likely due to the fact that after Abyss is defeated, Algol does his thing soon after and SC IV starts.

Then Abyss:

-Caused massive volcanic activity possibly across the whole earth judging from how everything else is worldwide

-Boiled the earth and thus changed the temperature across the entire planet to so hot that things went blurry much like fire blurs things and emanated steam from it as well, also made things catch fire

-Summoned gigantic meteor showers with meteors the size of city blocks at minimum

-Covered the planet in darkness and clouds (likely made up of steam from boiling the planet thus "Billowing clouds of steam began to rise from the grounds of this palace built upon the nexus of the world's spiritual energy lines")

-Caused a solar eclipse in seconds in what we know was the midday

-Has what looks like a singularity in his chest

-"Caused the power of the earth to awaken"

-Corrupted people across the world ("The pure light took on an evil glow and began to twist the hearts of me")

-Muddied and swirled water releasing an "odor of death" whatever that means

He did all of this in the timespan of a few seconds I'd suspect Large Planet level+ minimum from it all

Well, for reference, Abyss's feat is already Mountain level. This stuiff may bump it up though.

Back