• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are you referring to how the rings go down afterwards? Is there any proof that it is actually happening, that just seem to be for the sake of giving you a score, since it isn’t referenced as a plot element and has no reason to be canon.
Where do they go? Is it automatic or voluntary. Do they just disappear, if so how does it work/ what decides when the rings go away?
None of this makes sense and doesn’t change the fact that we don’t see what happens during those couple of days, so the whole argument is naught but head canon.
You can't cherrypick events related to gameplay mechanics in order to fit your headcanon, in every game Sonic's rings go back to zero after a stage ends, that's a fact, plain and simple, the fact that you can't even explain why it happens just proves this is all just gameplay mechanics, as well as the fact you ignored my previous examples of transforming with no rings, and it shouldn't be used, rendering your entire argument null.
"We don't see what happens therefore I are right and you am wrong!", this is very dumb, just because it's off screen doesn't mean we just assume whatever is covenient for you, the facts are that rings are clearly a gameplay mechanic that is not even present in every game, Sonic stayed in his super form for days, therefore he has enough energy to stay in super for days, not "head canon" but a logical conclusion

Anyway, here’s what I got after analyzing the notable abilities of both profiles

• Both have Deconstruction
  • Sonic’s Resistance to Mind Manip renders Superman’s Hypnosis and Memory-erasing kiss moot (he can also simply, y’know, dodge the kiss).
  • They can both return from each other’s BFR
  • Superman resists Time Stop and EE
  • Sonic’s Non-Physical Interaction nulls Superman’s Intangibility and vice versa
  • Superman doesn’t resist Sonic’s Status Effect Inducement
  • Assuming Sonic has access to Optional Equipment, he can seal Supes with Magic Hands, distort his visual perception with Illusion and paralyze him with Stun.
Gonna hold off on voting but I’d go with Sonic with high difficulty if OP is allowing OE.

You can't cherrypick events related to gameplay mechanics in order to fit your headcanon, in every game Sonic's rings go back to zero after a stage ends, that's a fact, plain and simple, the fact that you can't even explain why it happens just proves this is all just gameplay mechanics, as well as the fact you ignored my previous examples of transforming with no rings, and it shouldn't be used, rendering your entire argument null.
"We don't see what happens therefore I are right and you am wrong!", this is very dumb, just because it's off screen doesn't mean we just assume whatever is covenient for you, the facts are that rings are clearly a gameplay mechanic that is not even present in every game, Sonic stayed in his super form for days, therefore he has enough energy to stay in super for days, not "head canon" but a logical conclusion
There is a major difference between
A fundamental mechanic of how his super form is shown to work in game.
And something that has no explanation/basis in lore and just kinda happens between levels for the sake of a non-canon score. Even then we don’t see the rings leaving his body or anything in the scan shown, just a ring bonus.
You can’t just assume it’s whatever suits you, we don’t even see what happens.
That is exactly what you are doing by assuming it somehow supports your point when we don’t even know what happens over those couple of days. It is after the main conflict, days later, yet you assume he stayed in super form for how many days just because? Again based on nothing.
Sonic literally goes Super in cutscenes in both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 with zero Rings.
2: Again no context shown, we don’t even see him transform or have a clear time gap between this and him leaving the area. Even then we only see it for a while 30 seconds in game where he jus flys around, not much of an impressive feat.
3: Again no context for him transforming or anything and the evidence only evidence of a ring count is done after knuckles damages him, so we don’t know how many he has while flying (weird that this scene is suddenly usable now when a base form also one shot a super here.)
Overall too many unknowns and too little feats to prove anything.

And something that has no explanation/basis in lore and just kinda happens between levels for the sake of a non-canon score. Even then we don’t see the rings leaving his body or anything in the scan shown, just a ring bonus.
Except it's not a fundamental mechanic, as explained Sonic doesn't have that in several games, you are making something more important than it is, while also ignoring the other points
Did you ever play a classic Sonic game, even in Advance 1 Sonic has zero rings after a stage clear, you are making excuses to hide the obvious flaws in your arguments

Again no context shown, we don’t even see him transform or have a clear time gap between this and him leaving the area. Even then we only see it for a while 30 seconds in game where he jus flys around, not much of an impressive feat.
You are right. There are no contexts of there being Rings anywhere for Sonic to transform into Super Sonic.

Heck, Sonic even fights 2 boss battles prior with no rings.

Gameplay doesn’t automatically correlate to canonicity. That’s literally what Game Mechanics explains. The same reason why we don’t take Sonic having multiple lives as canon.

If it’s a “fundamental mechanic”, why is it completely absent in Chronicles, Unleashed, Sonic R, and Sonic the Fighters?

Oh yeah. Sonic uses Extra Lives as much as Rings. Let’s give Sonic the same power as Subaru from Re:Zero.

That is exactly what you are doing by assuming it somehow supports your point when we don’t even know what happens over those couple of days. It is after the main conflict, days later, yet you assume he stayed in super form for how many days just because? Again based on nothing.
Are you ignoring my points on purpose? I eplained why, Sonic doesn't need rings, this is proven, Sonic needs energy to go Super (SA2), this is again proven, therefore Sonic had to have enough energy to stay super during those days, this is a logical conclusion after looking at the facts, trying to "no u" does not work when you ignore the entire basis of my poi
2: Again no context shown, we don’t even see him transform or have a clear time gap between this and him leaving the area. Even then we only see it for a while 30 seconds in game where he jus flys around, not much of an impressive feat.
3: Again no context for him transforming or anything and the evidence only evidence of a ring count is done after knuckles damages him, so we don’t know how many he has while flying (weird that this scene is suddenly usable now when a base form also one shot a super here.)
Overall too many unknowns and too little feats to prove anything.
Did you not play Sonic 2 and 3 as well yet you are still arguing here? Sonic has no rings during the Death Egg, this is a fact, Sonic then goes super where it would be impossible for him to get more rings, since the Death Egg doesn't have rings, therefore the only solution is that Sonic went super with no rings, the feat being "impressive" is irrelevant when the point was the point was Sonic went super with zero rings, immediately debunking your entire argument
Sonic starts the stage with no rings, therefore he had no rings to go super, you keep trying to argue irrelevant arguments to make your premise seem solid, when your entire point is just arguing on "what ifs", without anything solid except, this is a main mechanic
So no, there is plenty of evidence

The only examples given still help my point.
In 2 he does absolutely nothing and in 3, he gets one shot while in super form. Without rings his super form kinda sucks.
Already adressed the rest.

The only examples given still help my point.
In 2 he does absolutely nothing and in 3, he gets one shot while in super form. Without rings his super form kinda sucks.
Already adressed the rest.
1) Doesn't matter. He still turned into Super Sonic and remained in that form in the epilouge of Sonic 2

2) Knuckles knocking Sonic out of his Super form is an obvious outlier. Don't really know why I keep explaining that

Ok, so, as I said, Superman should probably be feat searched, he should have far more hax than he has on his profile. But with what we have now, Sonic absolutely outhaxes Superman, so my vote goes to him.

And about the time limit thing, even if Sonic has one (which I honestly doubt now), he has been shown to be in the super form for days, and there's no way the fight will last so long.

Anyway, here’s what I got after analyzing the notable abilities of both profiles

• Both have Deconstruction
  • Sonic’s Resistance to Mind Manip renders Superman’s Hypnosis and Memory-erasing kiss moot (he can also simply, y’know, dodge the kiss).
  • They can both return from each other’s BFR
  • Superman resists Time Stop and EE
  • Sonic’s Non-Physical Interaction nulls Superman’s Intangibility and vice versa
  • Superman doesn’t resist Sonic’s Status Effect Inducement
  • Assuming Sonic has access to Optional Equipment, he can seal Supes with Magic Hands, distort his visual perception with Illusion and paralyze him with Stun.
Anyway, after this analysis their respective abilities I’m gonna go ahead and vote Sonic with high difficulty. He’ll eventually use something Supes doesn’t resist and get the upper hand.

Also, the power of the Chaos Emeralds may be magical in nature. Superman is incredibly weak to things with magical properties, which are capable of sapping his strength.

Although Superman’s profile is really unfinished

Sonic FRA (Leaving my vote after all that time limit nonsense)

Also, funny how Archie has a time limit and Game doesn't.
It's sad but true. Probably because Ian Flynn believe there was a time limit too and didn't separate Game Mechanics from lore.

Sonic FRA (Leaving my vote after all that time limit nonsense)

It's sad but true. Probably because Ian Flynn believe there was a time limit too and didn't separate Game Mechanics from lore.
Most people take time limit as a given. They just see that there is one in the games and don't explore it more carefully.

Back