• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rules:
  • Super Sonic is used
  • Regular Superman is used
  • Speed is equalized
  • Win via by Death, KO, or Incap
Modern Super Sonic: 8 (ShadowWarrior1999, ShakeResounding, Theuser789, GlaceonGamez471, Chaos jester25, sonicflare9, ElixirBlue, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Superman (Pre-Crisis):

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
List it as Modern Sonic, since he has too many versions to be simply called "Sonic" like what you have for Superman, stating his Pre-Crisis version. You could be talking about, Classic, Modern, Archie, Sonic X, Archie Post-Gen, or IDW Super Sonic.

... Superman has a lot less Hax on his profile than I thought he would have.

What is the AP scaling for both characters?

I'm pretty sure both scale into hundreds of universes, but Sonic seems to be more haxed and has stonewall durability.

I lean more toward Sonic as of now but it might change later

I know, but it was agreed to replace it will him having stonewall durability instead.
Though I honestly have no idea why Game Sonic don't have invulnerability and Archie still does

I would argue Superman. Way, way more hax. Literally making up super powers on the fly, BFR, Super Sonic having a time limit, etc.

And why? That's extreme headcannon. The super forms show a time limit in each appeareance, and all media that follows the games shows the time limit.

Super Sonic's time limit is game mechanics.

Regardless, Super Sonic resists most of Superman haxes and has some haxes that Superman doesn't resist

Because in one of the games it was pretty much stated that Super Sonic can last for days without de-transforming

Also Sonic can transform even without rings, such as in the epilouge of Sonic 2, The intro of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and also Knuckles can turn into Super Knuckles without rings in his epilouge in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Sonic can also turn into Super Sonic with no rings mentioned at all in Sonic Adventure, same goes for Sonic Adventure 2 and so on.

Sonic can also grant other characters their Super forms regardless of rings (which aren't mentioned a lot in the games outside of game mechanics), as shown in Sonic heroes and Sonic 2006

1 Scans needed
2 The in-game feats have priority over the statements, and considering that we never see the characters holding rings, even when you have a ton in game, you would need additional proof that they lack any.

Plus, if he didn't have a time limit, why would he ever quit the super from?
Because he doesn't need it all the time. It's like how in the Cell Saga Goku mastered SSJ to the point of it straining no more than his base form does, and then you'll ask why he dropped out of SSJ if he can sustain it as easily as his base form

Or why Frieza doesn't remain as True Golden Frieza even after Mastering his Golden Form

1 Scans needed
2 The in-game feats have priority over the statements, and considering that we never see the characters holding rings, even when you have a ton in game, you would need additional proof that they lack any.
Yeah. It's extreme headcanon to assume super forms are limitless, considering the time limit is there in every game plus pretty much all side media.

I would argue Superman. Way, way more hax. Literally making up super powers on the fly, BFR, Super Sonic having a time limit, etc.
You have the specify the actual ability that’d allow him to win instead of just saying “hax”.

Sonic can return from BFR.

The time limit is based on the amount of rings he has, considering that it was over a few days(completely offscreen mind you.). Anything could have happened, he might not have even stayed in Super Form, or had a steady supply of rings, we have no idea what happened, so him staying like that for days in more head canon.

Decontruction, transmutation, ability creation (assuming he can create anything is NLF, but Supes could create hypnosis with it, which Sonic doesn't resist.)

Sonic doesn't have a time limit, rings are gameplay mechanics by the fact Sonic can go super in even Sonic 2 without any rings and takes damage in cutscenes where rings don't come out, there's several games where Super Sonic doesn't have a time limit. This is extremely clear, super forms only need the energy of the emeralds, which is what Eggman did in Unleashed

The time limit is based on the amount of rings he has, considering that it was over a few days(completely offscreen mind you.). Anything could have happened, he might not have even stayed in Super Form, or had a steady supply of rings, we have no idea what happened, so him staying like that for days in more head canon.
Except you are forgetting that Sonic is always at 0 rings when a stage ends, meaning there's no way Sonic just found more rings

Excluding the fact that rings aren't a thing, at all, they have too many contradictions

Except both are non standard equipment.
Dude. Have you read Sonic’s profile? Color Powers are listed under his Base form key and Wisps are listed as Standard Equipment.

Also, Superman’s profile states he only has Limited Transmutation via turning diamond into coal. This isn’t combat applicable.

List it as Modern Sonic, since he has too many versions to be simply called "Sonic" like what you have for Superman, stating his Pre-Crisis version. You could be talking about, Classic, Modern, Archie, Sonic X, Archie Post-Gen, or IDW Super Sonic.

... Superman has a lot less Hax on his profile than I thought he would have.

What is the AP scaling for both characters?
"... Superman has a lot less Hax on his profile than I thought he would have."
My thoughts exactly lmao.

Except you are forgetting that Sonic is always at 0 rings when a stage ends, meaning there's no way Sonic just found more rings

Excluding the fact that rings aren't a thing, at all, they have too many contradictions
Are you referring to how the rings go down afterwards? Is there any proof that it is actually happening, that just seem to be for the sake of giving you a score, since it isn’t referenced as a plot element and has no reason to be canon.
Where do they go? Is it automatic or voluntary. Do they just disappear, if so how does it work/ what decides when the rings go away?
None of this makes sense and doesn’t change the fact that we don’t see what happens during those couple of days, so the whole argument is naught but head canon.

Dude. Have you read Sonic’s profile? Color Powers are listed under his Base form key and Wisps are listed as Standard Equipment.

Also, Superman’s profile states he only has Limited Transmutation via turning diamond into coal. This isn’t combat applicable.
Maybe they are listed as standard but they aren't. Power ups aren't anything he carries.

Super Sonic has a time limit shown only in Gameplay, not in lore, so he has to rely on Rings.

=

Super Sonic has died by pitfalls in Gameplay, so he has no flight.

Listed with no justification. He never carried power ups. Show me a single time sonic literally pulled out a power up as opposed to finding it.
Sonic Lost World and Sonic Generations.

As for examples of discussions, many versus threads have tackled this. I'll have to look for a little.

Back