• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic the Hedgehog

Ryuko Matoi

This is Base Sonic from the games, 7-B, cannot go super.

Ryuko is Senketsu Kisaragi. Her High 6-A form.

speed is not equalized.

Battle starts 2 kms apart in the area of the Sonic CD OP. so grassy fields plains, forests, lakes and plateaus.

Both come in knowing basic about each other, Sonic knows he is pit against two beings, and she is much stronger than him. Ryuko knows how fast Sonic is. but thats it.

Both are in character but willing to kill.

Hmm yes but She has multicontinental AP and Durability. I'd argue that could help her survive being blizted.

AquaWaifu said:
Hmm yes but She has multicontinental AP and Durability. I'd argue that could help her survive being blizted.
AP is irrelevant here since she's not touching the hedgehog.

Also, I'm not sure if I agree about her durability in this scenario. Following your "Both are in character but willing to kill.", I'd say Sonic would aim for her neck right off the bat and one-shot her. If he don't, then a few more hits and she's dead anyway.

@ HaveSome

willing to kill does not mean they'll directly go to killing methods...this isnt bloodlust, Sonic has faced off against things much stronger than himsefl and due to his sped will be very cocky. He's not going to just go for an immediate kill. In-character, but willing to kill....means IN CHARACTER. Otherwise every Saitama fight where he is in character but willing to kill would end in him winning. But as clearly shown by his profiles losses thats NOT the case.

and to the Silver boss fight, that's gameplay mechanics and SIlver being dumb enough to stay within homing attack distance.

I will say that AP does matter, cause if she can get just ONE hit on him, he's dead. All she needs is one single hit, even if it grazes him, she's High 6A, and his durability is only city level, so all she needs to do is grae him as hes blizting her and he gone.

For this its death by a thousand cuts versus One good blow.

@HaveSome, also remember she has multi continental durability, so no Sonic will not be able to take her out in a few hits. as Scarlet stated above, she is far more than capable of fending off his attacks.

Even if we assume Sonic is the strongest City level ever, which he is not, then he'd still be 6,446,862,000 times weaker than Multi-Continent Ryuko.

Sonic "aiming for the neck" will do as much to Ryuko as someone gently placing an ice cream sprinkle on my neck would. Not to mention that Ryuko has regenerated her neck getting cut in half before.

Also someone with a speed advantage winning via chip damage, while it has some basis in reality, I believe has been rejected in the past. Such as attempts to upgrade Jojo characters or Goku with it, as it typically leads to highly inflated and inconsistent results.

The only ways I could see this match going is either,

A. Sonic breaks his limbs hitting her, ruining his massive speed advantage and allowing her to one shot.

B. Assuming Sonic's bones can somehow handle hitting her, and he has unlimited stamina which the profile seems to imply Base Sonic doesn't, then inconclusive since neither can ever put the other one down.

@Scarlet I dont think he's gonna take damage from trying to hurt her, but I do think hes going to need to use his speed to win this, hit her hundreds of time before she can retaliate.

@Aqua he'd take damage the same way you'd take damage if you tried to punch a tractor right now. Remember, Ryuko's bones are over 6 billion times more durable than Sonic's.

ScarletFirefly said:
Sonic will break every bone in his body if he tries to hit her. Her durability is beyond anything he can handle. But she also can't catch him.
Never.

I'm pretty sure the recoil damage he would take (IF HE REALLY WOULD TAKE ANY) from hitting her is laughable. Sonic doesn't have the durability of an ordinary human. He's City level. Her durability being higher than his doesn't mean he will break any bones hitting her.

Ryukama said:
Even if we assume Sonic is the strongest City level ever, which he is not, then he'd still be 6,446,862,000 times weaker than Multi-Continent Ryuko.
Sonic "aiming for the neck" will do as much to Ryuko as someone gently placing an ice cream sprinkle on my neck would. Not to mention that Ryuko has regenerated her neck getting cut in half before.
That's a "little bit" exaggerated.

She's not Pre-Crisis Superman. It's obvious she would be damaged by his blows. Even more a blow in the neck at 3-5 times the speed of light.

explain?
Ryukama said:
@Aqua he'd take damage the same way you'd take damage if you tried to punch a tractor right now. Remember, Ryuko's bones are over 6 billion times more durable than Sonic's.

@Cropfist

I will argue after a certain point the hardness of something will cap in terms of it doing damage to something tat tries to hit it

Its like...I if hit a concrete wall with my fist, and say the side of the mountain with my fist, they'lll both do the same amount of damage to my fist.

HaveSomeBlade said:
That's a "little bit" exaggerated.

She's not Pre-Crisis Superman. It's obvious she would be damaged by his blows. Even more a blow in the neck at 3-5 times the speed of light.
No it isn't. The calculation that made Ryuko Multi-Continent is 2.6973668164930833e27 joules. The maximum energy level for someone who's City level according to our Attack Potency chart is 4.184e17 joules. I didn't pull a random number out of nowhere. I divided these two values.

So no, Sonic hitting her in the neck will do absolutely nothing to her.

Being 6 billion times stronger than someone isn't anything particularly impressive here honestly. Especially not something that'd put one on the ridiculousness levels that is Pre-Crisis Superman.

No it isn't. The calculation that made Ryuko Multi-Continent is 2.6973668164930833e27 joules. The maximum energy level for someone who's City level according to our Attack Potency chart is 4.184e17 joules. I didn't pull a random number out of nowhere. I divided these two values.

So no, Sonic hitting her in the neck will do absolutely nothing to her.

Being 6 billion times stronger than someone isn't anything particularly impressive here honestly. Especially not something that'd put one on the ridiculousness levels that is Pre-Crisis Superman.

I'll wait 'til tomorrow to see other people's opinion regarding this.

If more people agree with you that Sonic has no means to take her down, then I'll vote for stalemate. She's not touching him anyway and his bones won't break just by hitting her.

If you go punch a brick wall with all your force, your hand is certainly going to break.

Now do with an object that is over 6 billion times stronger than your bones are and then try punching it. It certainly isn't going to end well.

Even ignoring that or if we're to say Sonic has unlimited stamina and will never tire out, which isn't true, the best that can be hoped for is a stalemate with neither being able to harm one and other.

However considering that

A. In most likelyhood someone is going to break their limbs hitting them against something over 6 billion times stronger than said limbs.

B. Ryuko has Regenerationn to instantly heal whatever damage we'll pretend Sonic could do to her and would become even more durable as a result.

C. Sonic has limited stamina and at any point when Sonic's done blitzing or dodging (which it wouldn't be in his character to do immediately off the bat or indefinitely either) Ryuko can pretty much just breath on Sonic to one shot him.

I'm pointing more to this being a stomp match in her favor and might have to close it.

Why would having much higher durability affect damage? Are there calc on this site to confirm a city level striker say hitting mountain durability would hurt less than say hitting continent level?

@Aqua It's basically the same reason why I can't go and punch a boulder at the park full force without being sent to the hospital. Logically one's bones cannot withstand being hit against something that is so much stronger than they are.

But that is far from my only point and (on top of the fact that people have been PMing me requesting to close this thread) I am likely going to close this soon as a stomp match.

Ryukama said:
@Aqua It's basically the same reason why I can't go and punch a boulder at the park full force without being sent to the hospital. Logically one's bones cannot withstand being hit against something that is so much stronger than they are.
But that is far from my only point and (on top of the fact that people have been PMing me requesting to close this thread) I am likely going to close this soon as a stomp match.

Hmm alright, I'll get a decent thread going eventually.

@Aqua Thanks for understanding and no hard feelings. It can be rather difficult to find relatively even matches. Especially between more popular characters people would want to talk about. But good luck and I'm sure you'll get one soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back