• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pretty surprised that no one decided to make this vs thread. So since Mario's AP and durability is between low 7-B and 6-C, his 7-B state will be used for this match. No SMG Mario, and no spinoff version of Sonic except for one. Speed will be equalized, and there will be two rounds. Takes place at Derris Kharlan a few meters away from each other.

Round 1: Base Mario vs Base Sonic

Round 2: Paper Mario (no hax) vs Werehog Sonic

Battle theme

SonicImageCropped
An anthropomorphic hedgehog with mario's gloves.

Mario fire
The first plumber in video games that doesn't do plumbing.

Paper Mario
The Mario that lost his legs for unknown reasons.

SonicWerehog
Basically, if Sonic had a werewolf form mixed with eating the gum-gum fruit.

Sonic doesn't hav Chaos Control in base, but I agree with Crop. While Sonic doesn't have more skill, he has vastly better techniques, and Time Break will be helpful. Mario has next to nothing in base.

Welp. Then I'll vote for Sonic then.

I believe he wins over durability and attack potency. It's a close match since all of their stats (except speed) are similar.

Sonic has City Level durability while Mario only has Small City Level.

Sonic has City Level attack potency on base and Mario has Small City Level (again).

I don't understand this. We have done this thread a while back and one again without speed equalized and Mario won overall this thread is pointless to bring it up again tbh.

Whoops, I forgot speed is equalized 😅 well, sonic still hardly takes it, due to a slightly better stamina. And sonic already fought a fire user (blaze). Unless mario uses powerups, sonic wins the first round.

And the second round... I think I don't need to talk about it...

EDIT: it would be a stomp in the second round if mario uses powerups too. I just checked his profile, it says that he is a tier 7-B without any equipment, like werehog sonic. However, werehog sonic has a range of several kilometers, while paper mario's is a dozen of meters. Then once again, sonic takes it.

At the end, I think sonic wins (not 'cause I'm a fangirl, I already explained the reasons)

Back