• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Type 2 conceptual manipulation works on concepts that transcend reality.

That's the type Sonic has and Lavos has absolutely no resistance to such a thing, so the flea gets exterminated.

Shootingkill said:
I don't think Sonic's conceptual manipulation can affect Lavos due to the latter being nonexistent. Type 2 conceptual manipulation means manipulating concepts that shapes reality. Being nonexistent means you're completely outside of that reality and thus unaffected by the manipulation of the concept.
See, that's what I mean when I say that nonexistent physiology is overrated here.

No, Lavos is 100% bound by concepts. Lavos was erased by the DBT, but that's it. The latter doesn't erase concepts, at all.

Nonexistent physiology is just glorified non-corporeality and I honestly don't get why people treat it as some kind of omnilock

"Something" that transcends reality is still "something" and does not necessarily mean it is "nothing"

That is like saying characters with immeasurable speed (beyond space and time) who has no resistance to space-time manipulation can be affected by such.

I've said this quite a lot of times, but never any harm in saying it once more:

"Lavos (and the Chrono series in general) has 0 mentions - and thus 0 counters - to conceptual anything."

...The main reason he usually survives or prevails against powers of this nature in the lower keys is because of the range + alts + acausality which ends up either stalemating the opponent for eternity or long enough for some alt to pull the win since they either kill one Lavos and get stuck like the CT party or get stuck fighting one after another in endless loop while also being attacked until Lavos gets some lucky strike it needs to win.

At 2-A levels, where the character's range usually covers for that, it's not at all uncommon for said survivability to be bypassed by conceptual manipulation and it's by no means a certainty of survival when depending on their own scale, means of survival and conceptual hax they can eventually just nuke Lavos.

Trust me when I say that if Lavos had anything of Conceptual nature, I would have found it like a year ago by now.

Another thing I always say is that Lavos' 2-A key is overrated in threads.

The 5-A and Low 2-C ones are actually way more of a big deal since at that level its survivability is more bs.

Note how the only loss Lavos got in 5-A so far whas against Kharn and how it has no losses in Low 2-C. The inconclusive one against Altair is also outdated, considering how tier jump via growth is allowed now, that Lavos eventually jumps to 2-A and nukes her.

Obviously, Altair stomps via summoning infinite EGD

Or even better, Azathoth

All of 2-A Lavos's losses are due to the opponent having type 2 conceptual manipulation.

First UKG, then The Lady of Pain, then Madoka, now Sonic.

I still think the LoP one is stomp, tbh.

She resists basically everything Lavos can do and then some, is far higher in scale of High 2-A (of which Lavos is baselinish at best) and nuking everything on a conceptual level sounds like something she could end up doing if she does as much as not restrict her own powers.

FateAlbane said:
I still think the LoP one is stomp, tbh.
She resists basically everything Lavos can do and then some, is far higher in scale of High 2-A (of which Lavos is baselinish at best) and nuking everything on a conceptual level sounds like something she could end up doing if she does as much as not restrict her own powers.
Shit, forgot she became infinite 5-D

He couldn't actually. Dude had a loss against Enerjak before both of them got hax (most of whixh Bill lost later on)

Bill lost to Enerjak, then he got upgraded so he beat Enerjak in the rematch, then Enerjak got upgraded hard and now he utterly stomps Bill.

There was also a Sonic vs Bill match that got closed for a stomp against Sonic due to him at the time being unable to bypass Low-Godly.

Conceptual attacks via Chaos energy, which will one-shot the Lavos clones.

Also that AP prevents Lavos from absorbing Sonic fast enough to be effective.

Hey can you have him unlock Bowser and Discord's profiles too while you're at it?

Unlock Bowser's, yes. He needs two matches added.

Christian Higdon said:
Hey can you have him unlock Bowser and Discord's profiles too while you're at it?
Unlock Bowser's, yes. He needs two matches added.
So does Discord. But we're getting off topic. If a mod doesn't delete my comment by the hour I might just do it for them.

Back