• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm... Pretty sure that would still make him 3-C. "Several" means 3 or more, a quick Google search shows, so let's just go with 3 dozen to be conservative.

1.688e63 Joules (starry sky) x 16 x 36 = 9.72288e65 Joules.

1.053e66 Joules (Baseline 3-C)/9.72288e65 Joules = A 1.08301244x difference.

That number comes with a scaling chain. Kirby ranks among the top... He's 3-C either way.
I'm... Confused :V

I mean, I feel most of my arguments still work even if it’s a one shot specially since Sonic has his own Resurrection

but if Kirby has to go through a revision due to this I wouldn’t mind this being closed in the mean time

I'm... Confused :V
Lmao you're all good. I think people just underestimated how very small the gap would be even going by "several dozens". Because even usin 3 dozen (the very smallest number "several" can be), you get a whopping 1.08x difference. And if that's accompanied by a scaling chain that large, it will be very difficult to justify keeping 3-C whatsoever. Seriously, even being "conservative" isn't enough of an excuse, because that there is the most conservative you can get.

Kirby does have a Pre-Star Allies Key, I imagine that won’t be changed so we can use that to continue this

Man this matchup can’t take a break, even if Kirby was Low 2-C or 2-C Sonic would still hold the AP advantage

I’d also say this thread shows that Sonic probably needs his own “Standard Tactics” note to dispel people saying he doesn’t use Hax, I feel it’s obvious Sonic is more creative then that

Can kKirby characters and Sonic characters even have fair matches ;-;
make a Classic Kirby Tab where there 5-B-5-A then maybe

make a Classic Kirby Tab where there 5-B-5-A then maybe
images

To be frank if the tier change happened wouldn’t this match be removed from the notable matches section ether way because of the tier change?

Guess it just seems a bit odd to debate a match where seemingly one of them is going a major revision and uses scaling that kinda contradicts itself

but, I guess with bloodlust wouldn’t Sonic just instant time stop and then Magic hands?, I remember Chaos Control was thought based

I actually just noticed, Magic Hands is listed under optional equipment, doesn’t really change much because BFR also works and chaos emerald also has sealing apparently

speaking of optional equipment, would that change the match to be more fair?

For reference this is what optional equipment adds to Sonic

Statistics Amplification (With the Golden Gloves, Speed Bar, Herb of Toughness, and Psychic Water), Flight (With Hovercrafts, Balloons, and Rocket Shoes), Healing (With the Replenisher, Health Roots, Health Seeds, Antidotes, and Health Leaves), Damage Reduction (The Toughness increases defense to reduces damage taken), Time Travel (With Time Stones), Weather Manipulation (With the World Ring of Prayers/Hope, he can conjure storms), Gravity Manipulation and Black Hole Creation (With the Ark of the Cosmos), Fire Manipulation (With the Flame Ring), Sealing (With Magic Hands), Time Manipulation (With Slow and Time Freezes), Paralysis Inducement (Via Stun), Resurrection(With the Angel Amulet and Ring of Life), Fear Inducement (With the Spooky Charm), Elemental Manipulation (Of Water, Electricity, Ice, Wind, and Earth varieties via elemental Rings), Empowerment (With Rock Salt through Empowered), Damage Reduction (With the Iron Tonic), Purification (Type 3 with Cure All Spray), Life-Force Absorption (With the Nocturne Blade), Explosion Manipulation (With Bomb, Helicopters, and Fighter Jet RCs), Size Manipulation (With Purple Gem), Invisibility (With Stealth Jets), Immortality Negation (Using Caliburn in conjunction with Arondight, Galatine and Laevatein, he was able to negate the immortality of King Arthur before striking him down).

With various Power-Ups: Homing Attack with Mines, Fire Manipulation with Fire, Ice Manipulation with Ice, Electricity Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement with Lightning, Perception Manipulation with Illusion, and Limited Magnetism Manipulation with Magnet.

With Forcejewels: BFR, Barrier Creation (Can create barriers for a limited amount of time that others can't pass), Teleportation (Can teleport others to himself, teleport himself to others, swap places with an opponent, or teleport himself or others to a random location), Body Puppetry (Can force an opponent to move or use their items), and Power Nullification (The Muteki Monitor makes him invulnerable to physical harm and immune to the abilities of other racers).

With Chao: Statistics Amplification(With Cheezlet and Blayze, attacks do much more damage), Damage Reduction (With Velk and Gibber, damage from attacks are greatly reduced), Healing (With Stebsly and Joy, vitality is regenerated over the course of a fight), Resurrection (With Ovus, their partner is automatically brought back up to three times in one battle), Probability Manipulation (With Koolet, Belgog, Fimbley, and Stugs, enemy attacks have a greater chance of missing. Churdle and Oldarg give a higher chance of hitting the opponent. Keroyo increases the chance of an enemy fleeing. Spartoi grants a chance to instantly knock out the opponent with every attack done), Shield Creation (Can make passive shields of fire, water, wind, lightning, and earth that stay even after being hit), Elemental Manipulation (Can imbue his attacks with fire, water, wind, lightning, earth, and ice), and Damage Transferal (With Pooki, damage taken is split between teammates).
Resistance to Fear Manipulation (With the Vial of Calm and Philter of Tranquility), Poison Manipulation (With the Antidote and Superior Antidote), Petrification (With Stone Protection and Petrification Immunity), Paralysis Inducement (With the Paralysis Cure and Paralysis Immunity), Statistics Reduction (With the Muteki Monitor), and Status Effect Inducement (The Immunity Idol and Cure All Spray grant high resistance to negative status effects, which includes: Statistics Reduction, Curse Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Life-Force Absorption, Stunning, Vulnerability, and Weakening)

Last edited:
For reference this is what optional equipment adds to Sonic
This is kirby's ones
As in base, Resurrection (Can resurrect himself once with Reviving Tomato), Transmutation (Robobot Armor), Duplication (Replica), Air Manipulation (Mint Leaf, Big Air Bullet Boost Orb), Size Manipulation (Sparkling Stars, Jumbo Candy), Statistics Amplification, Invulnerability (Invincible Candy, Jumbo Candy, Metal Boost Orb), Sound Manipulation (Microphone), Data Manipulation & Information Manipulation (Robobot Armor, which scans targets, turns them to computing data, and absorbs their information), Explosion Manipulation (Balloon Bomb, Cracker, Timed Dynamite, Action Star [Can cause all opponents to explode, dropping health to one point] and 3D Helmet Cannon), Sleep Manipulation (Action Star), Healing (Various food items & Action Star. All health healed with Maxim Tomatoes & Maxim Tomato Boost Orb), Invisibility (Invisibility Stone, Invisibility Boost Orb), Intangibility (Invisibility Stone), Statistics Reduction (Action Star; Can decrease the speed and jump of his opponents), Enhanced Thievery with Cashgrabber Boost Orb (Increases the number of things he can steal from enemies), Limited Automatic Mobility with Deflector Boost Orb, Berserk Mode with Berserk Boost Orb, Resistance to Possession (Crystal Shards prevent possession by expelling intruders from one's body)
As before, Summoning (Can summon Helpers by directly throwing Friend Hearts into Copy Essences. Can summon a Dream Friend using the Dream Rod), Homing Attack (Star Allies Sparkler), Healing (All health healed with Power-Up Hearts)

Back