• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly agree, but "possibly 4-A" for Super Forms and "Possibly Low 2-C" for Darkspine as Djinn destroyed space-time and a land stated to be an alternate reality.

@Cropfist

At least 5-A, possibly 4-A for Super Forms

At least 4-A, likely higher for Hyper Sonic.

3-A or Low 2-C Darkspine is okay.

You are going to have to add an explanation stating why the Low 2-C feats are considered outliers, as I have stated before.

Still not comfortable with the above tiering in regards to the Super forms, but whatever.

Well I heavily disagrees with scaling Hyper Sonic's speed to the attack speed of a laser. Maybe travel speed of the vehicle but not attack speed

Saikou does seem to make sense. I really feel like a sheep right now, but yeah. The speed should stay the same, with an at least in front of it. I think I agreed to not scale speed earlier, too.

@Matt. Hyper, maybe. 10X is actually pretty big, so that would be unsubstantiated. No for Darkspine though. Pure power upgrade only, unlike Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic, and Darkspine doesn't even use any form of Emerald.

Going from barely FTL to MFTL based on "its stronger so it must be 10x faster" makes little sense. We have "at least" and "likely higher" for a reason

And?

We had proof for it to be so much faster, but now that Sonic is FTL in base, we have no ground for such baseless and exaggerated speed upgrades imo.

It is baseless to jump two speed tier just because of that (Reminder that Super Sonic is only FTL+ via "faster than base")

Again we have the stuff like "At least" to denote a lower end without assuming a new tier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Baseless? Assuming x 10 speed difference for a form that dwarfs the previous power wise in everything isn't baseless.
Matt no offense but that doesn't really fly at like all. We have explicit multipliers for Super Saiyan forms that "dwarf the previous power wise in everything" and we still don't use those because they don't explicitly state speed is multiplied.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
This feels like using calc stacking but we replace calc with approximation. How does that make it okay?
It's not really calc stacking but to give an idea of what we're dealing with here, the biggest jump in speed I've ever seen implemented because a character was "far above" someone else was some 0.99c to "possibly FTL".

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Cropfist
At least 5-A, possibly 4-A for Super Forms

At least 4-A, likely higher for Hyper Sonic.

3-A or Low 2-C Darkspine is okay.
I can go behind this

I tried to look canon info on Hypersonic and we have none other than "vastly superior to Super Sonic."

It is powered by Master Emerald / Super Emeralds, the former which does hold plenty of canon info. Being the greatest energy source in the universe and all.

Are we going to make a new thread? And can someone please summarize what happened since my last post? After my 12 hour nap, it seems I'm behind more than I hoped I'd be.

I can make a general new thread just listing what has been agreed so we can go agree and stuff and finally get this over with.

That might be good for gaining input from more people. A 234+ post thread will very seldom get any new participants joining in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back