• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog Revisions/Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that into account and Geothermal being 5-B apparently, I feel like even if unquantifiable, this being High 6-A sounds fair enough both not to overestimate the verse or put it lower than it should, taking all that was said and done into consideration.

Just further explaining why I feel like I can agree with the current rating.

FateAlbane said:
I'm not caring much about the nature of the energy. I just feel like it's arguing needless semantics at this point when as far as I can look the results of said absorption are shown as comparable if not outright superior to Geothermal absorption, even if it turned out to be some different source of energy.
This. The energy is blatantly High 6-A and the effects it depict are outright superior to Geothermal absorption.

@Matt Yes, its a fireball, nothing more and nothing less. Now youre just reaching.

Even in the cutscene you yourself posted, the amusement park is nowhere near the size of the earth. If anything that just proves that the Wisp Planet is small.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Matt Yes, its a fireball, nothing more and nothing less. Now youre just reaching.
No, you are just denying, giving no solid argument. It looks identical to a sun, and when it collapses forms what is clearly a black hole. Address that, please.

That cutscene doesn't show that. Look at the real life picture of the moon I gave you, which you ignored. Planets can look bigger or smaller depending on perspective.

And High 6-A is a lowball.

What proof do you have that its a miniature sun? Being a ball of fire that turns into a vortex hen it explodes doesnt make it a sun.

I didnt ignore it, the amusement park is nowhere near the size of the moon

People agreeing with me so far: FateAlbane, Knightofannihilation666, DarkLordMedeus, Arrogant Schmuck, EdwardSuoh, The real cal howard, Blueblur24

I'm certain that if the people who revised sonic in the first place were brought here, they'd side with me too.

Anyway, I'm going to go to bed. I trust you all to keep this thread nice and cozy and peaceful while I'm gone.

WeeklyBattles said:
What proof do you have that its a miniature sun? Being a ball of fire that turns into a vortex hen it explodes doesnt make it a sun.
I didnt ignore it, the amusement park is nowhere near the size of the moon
It is a miniature sun, you have to be denying everything to ignore that that's the intent behind the attack. Once again, you debate as if blind, going only by the written / spoken statements.

You're right. It's larger, since it literally has a planet attached to it. Multiple. Do you have proof that the Wisp Planet is that small?

I have answered in all of my posts. I've shown cutscenes, statements, explained my reasonings ad-nauseum, showed numerous other feats that show that High 6-A is not only reasonable, but a lowball.

As for the energy, black hole and wisp things, your arguments boils down to "It isn't because I said so. It isn't explictely stated in my face, so it can't ever be realistically deduced to be".

For the fifth time now. Give me the calc you claim to have.

None of the feats youve shown have proven any of this is High 6-A

No my argument is 'The planets are consistently portrayed as being small, so they must be." If you REALLY want to do this then explain why six full sized planets that close to Earth didnt drag the part into the planet due to gravity?

Yeah, the explosion Sonic was nearly killed by.

the feat is blatantly High 6-A at least. It doesn't need to be calced.

>Gravity stuff

Explain why half the moon being blown up in Sonic Adventure 2 didn't ruin the seas. Explain why the explosion that devastated Washington and the nearby state in Shadow the Hedgehog had no negative political and economical consequences. Explain why humanity didn't go extinct when Dark Gaia split the planet into many chunks.

Hell, explain why, even at country-sized, the floating planetoids didn't affect Earth with gravity.

Because it's a f*cking toon videogame. It doesn't make all that much sense.

Yes, after he beat the robot powered by the beings who made the explosion in a very hard battle, and ran for his life in a last stage.

So we're allowed to make huge asumptions regarding science in Sonic in some cases but ignore it in others because reasons? Once again it being a cartoonish video game doesnt in any way matter regarding feats.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Intent doesnt matter when your argument is nothing other than visual effects. Your argument is going only by assumptions with no backing.

Unless these buildings are mountain-sized, and by extension everything else including sonic and tails are as well and this shot of the amusement park is horribly wrong as it depicts the planets as being either much, much larger than the amusement park or very, VERY small, the amusement park is nowhere near planet-sized

Probably the same reason we don't trust the author when he said Flash was just under light speed even though the feat showed him being trillions of times the speed of light. They're writers, not scientists. They allow impossible things to happen.

@Edward Then why should we assume the writers took the planet's geothermal energy into account when not only was there no statement, display, or implication of geothermal energy being absorbed but they only showed life being drained and nothing else?

I'm neutral on that subject, I'm more focused on Eggman stating if the energy they collected was released, it would destroy a planet.

Which would be a 5-B feat as he blatantly stated that the planet would be gone without a trace

FateAlbane said:
The case in point is that the energy is kinda sorta shown to affect the planet on that scale.
With said energy: Across the whole planet, wasteland.

Energy is given back: Planet's surface is insta-terraformed.

I'm not caring much about the nature of the energy. I just feel like it's arguing needless semantics at this point when as far as I can look the results of said absorption are shown as comparable if not outright superior to Geothermal absorption, even if it turned out to be some different source of energy.

I mean, ngl, I doubt writers know half the things they write about.

Otherwise, I gurantee would we would revise sixty to seventy percent of verses on here because of "Author Intent."

No Statement? Check

No display? Check

Even at best, this is a very vague assumption and implication imo that we shouldnt really take too seriously.

Thats all, I too like Matt will probably go to sleep. I agree with weekly, but open to be swayed if the evidence presents itself.

But for now, I have only seen rhetoric that at best is stretching the truth imo.

No display? Pal, the video literally shows the thing insta terraforming the whole planet as soon as its given back.

@Fate Giving life energy back to things that had their life energy drained isnt an AP feat nor is it terraforming. Its literally resurrection that people are treating like AP

Full energy taken reduced the planet to a wasteland. Full energy given back terraformed it.

Terraforming a planet alters atmosphere, temperature, whole topography of the surface and ecology.

That is literally shown happening instantly. Saying this isn't legit really just looks like disregarding feats to me.

But its not terraforming it at all, its literally just giving back the energy that was stolen by the Eggrobo.

Even if that were the case, the scale of the collective energy absorbed as a whole, is shown to affect on a complete planetary surface lvl.

The feat doesn't even happen overtime. The change across the globe is nearly instant.

That being said, I've had my fair share of debating this. I'll leave my position unchanged and let others ultimately decide on this.

Unless I'm really not understanding, it appears like snow is melting: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWFuY1NmtaQ) which seems to imply heat. That and the wind and sky seem to change, but that could just be the life stuff. I'm kinda torn cause the reblooming of the trees does make it seem more magical life energy than heat, but the snow (if that's what it is) seems to imply heat, and I doubt it's both. I'll look at it again tomorrow, I'm heading to bed like everyone else.

I'm suprised you didn't ask Knight the same question

Matt's points simply make more sense to me and I don't think I should explain why

So the implication is if the machine blows it'll release the energy it's consumed, destroy the planet. At that point does it matter what kind of energy it is if we've got that statement? After all, I doubt we've got any solids figures for life energy.

@Rebuble I dont get why anyone is agreeing that theyre legit, youre just the first person i asked

Also if the machine really DID return all of the energy instantly, why would it not destroy the planet like Eggman said it would? There's no difference between releasing all of the energy instantly through the machine and releasing the energy instantly by breaking the glass its contained in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back