• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark649

VS Battles
Retired
I have noticed that Super Sonic, Eggman, Solaris and Dark Gaia are FTL+ in speed, but there are characters like Super Shadow, Super Silver, Super Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze, Super Mecha Sonic, Metal Overlord and Devil Doom are possibly MFTL. Where this possible MFTL speed came from?.

@Perilouss

Hyperbole statement that contradicts his in-story feats (i.e. he actually has travel time).

As for why he's MFTL as Super Sonic, I don't personally know any feats that would put him that high (that aren't outliers at least).

Reppuzan said:
@Perilouss
Hyperbole statement that contradicts his in-story feats (i.e. he actually has travel time).

As for why he's MFTL as Super Sonic, I don't personally know any feats that would put him that high (that aren't outliers at least).
Didnt he run so fast he turned back time though? Or paused time or something like that? Sorry my memory is a bit fuzzy

You're probably talking about Sonic Generations. As for the validity of that feat, I don't know since I'm not a Sonic fan. That said, we have characters who are listed as FTL for such feats (i.e. The Powerpuff Girls).

In Sonic Generations, Sonic travelled through time despite space-time being destroyed which requires immeasurable speed, but it was disregarded as being an outlier.

What is even FTL Super Sonic based on? The best he has is mach 2000ish feat for flying to Moon in 5 seconds or so, there are literally no FTL feats in that form.

WarriorWare said:
Space-time wasn't "destroyed," it was rendered colorless.
I'm pretty sure Doctor Eggman explicitly stated space-time was destroyed and Tails mentioned Sonic repaired space-time through sheer speed.

Well, the relevant issue here seems to be that different characters, of comparable speed levels, have still received different ratings in this area.

So the question is, which value is the more correct one?

@Cal Lol I don't know. Really doesn't matter though. It's a massive outlier and not relevant to this thread.

@TMR: Are you sure that qualifies for Immeasurable speed? I thought that moving in destroyed space-time only qualifies for Infinite speed?

Anyhow, if there a feat of Super Sonic travelling to the Moon in seconds? I am sure that would qualify for at least Relativistic speed.

@Anime4Life2020 I don't recall Sonic doing so.

Azathoth and TISSG7Redgrave largely handle the Sonic The Hedgehog threads however. They may be able to shed light on the situation.

Lina Shields said:
@TMR: Are you sure that qualifies for Immeasurable speed?
Yes and yes, moving in destroyed space-time is still infinite speed, in most cases anyway.

Lina Shields said:
Anyhow, if there a feat of Super Sonic travelling to the Moon in seconds? I am sure that would qualify for at least Relativistic speed.
Sonic's base is already FTL.

I would appreciate if we could return to the topic of the inconsistencies in the speed ratings for different Sonic characters.

I don't recall anyone having such speed, especially when Sonic himself is so much slower. It's very likely when/if Sonic was downgraded, relevant profiles weren't as well.

One possible moment where FTL travel occurs is Sonic Rush, which I'll check later in the morning alternatively, as I suggested, it may be best to inquire TLSSG7Redgrave's input, as well as Azathoth if he's not still indisposed, as they are familiar with the series.

Okay, so Super Shadow, Super Silver, Super Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze, Super Mecha Sonic, Metal Overlord and Devil Doom should likely be downgraded from "possibly MFTL"?

Sorry, needed to check my sources. Possibly MFTL is fine, or even an upgrade to a solid MFTL rating as in Sonic Rush Super Sonic and Burning Blaze managed to fly across stellar distances and even fought Eggman in torn space-time (though, since Sonic just travelled to that region it's not a permanent transcendence and is not scalable to his speed).

Screenshot 2016-08-18-07-39-19
I imagine it can easily be an outlier however.

I would prefer some input from people very familiar with the franchise.

I asked Unclechairman, but he does not seem to be around frequently nowadays.

Perhaps you can ask for a calculation of the Sonic Rush feat? If we have nothing else to scale from?

Ah, I missed those.

Nevertheless, after looking at them briefly, infinite speed Sonic statements are definitely outliers since:

1) He actually has travel time.

2) He has trouble escaping a black hole.

The other statements we already have has justifications for his baseline FTL stats.

Plus it's physically impossible to survive in a Black Hole, so that feat is invalid as well.

Speaking of which, Hyper Sonic needs a SERIOUS downgrade.

He has never outran the Egg Blaster, and he doesn't even appear in the game. Also, it's clear Emerl didn't absorb all the reactors power since Emerl got beat by Base Sonic immediately afterward

@Reppuzan As I've already stated it's not a permanent transcendence. Just as someone with a MFTL spaceship flying outside the Universe technically gains immeasurable speed it's not scalable to their speed, nor is it applicable to combat.

Also, authors don't always indicate infinite speed. Same for every other statistic really, but again the infinite speed feat isn't relevant here.

@Antvasima I've requested it.

If you guys are talking about game sonic, then I'll see myself out.

Hyper sonic is OP tho bruh, if you gonna downgrade that then be reasonable atleast

Perilouss said:
If you guys are talking about game sonic, then I'll see myself out.

Hyper sonic is OP tho bruh, if you gonna downgrade that then be reasonable atleast
And the stats have no reasoning behind them. Hyper Sonic never fought Emerl with the reactor absorbed (Base Sonic beat him, meaning Emerls copy and power adding has a defined limit)

He also never outran the Egg Blaster

TheMightyRegulator said:
I agree, though I wonder if Hyper Sonic can't scale anyway due to his far superior power source (the Super Emeralds).
That is an assumption to say that. The Super Emeralds would have to be millions of times stronger for that to apply, which just isn't true. It's also possible that the power source large star feat is an outlier since Emerl absorbed this power source yet lost to Base Sonic

Emerl was breaking down, it doesn't affect the Egg Blaster's star level feat.

It's not an assumption to say Hyper Sonic has a superior power source, nor is there any evidence that the attack potency/speed ratio is directly proportionate in the way you're proposing.

Hyper Sonic is a superior form. Any feat Super Sonic has that isn't considered an outlier should be applied to Hyper Sonic as well.

No he wasn't. He only broke down because Sonic beat him into submission.

The speed is absolutely an assumption and there's no denying it TBH.

Although you may be right about powerl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back