• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then. I was just saying that Hyper Sonic scales to anything Super does.

You are being overly argumentative and don't seem to be considering the opinions of others. Ryu never said Sonic outran the blaster. Either way, more input would be appreciated.

Apologies but the fact still remains the justification behind Hyper Sonics MFTL+ rating is honestly dubious

Although him being High 4-C might be okay, I suppose

That's perfectly fine. We've both relayed our opinions now it's simply for the rest of the staff to make a decision. I do insist though, that though the speed rating is undoubtedly dubious I see no issue with it scaling to Sonic's attack speed for the aforementioned reasons.

what attack speed? It was an AoE attack that was never replicated even remotely recreated to a similar speed, so it may very well simply be an outlier regardless.

I think it could scale to his power however

That is a very useful calculation. Which characters, in which forms, should be upgraded from the feat?

However, I obviously trust DontTalk, but it is probably best to ask for evaluations here, as usual.

That is not a legitimate calc considering it's just an aesthetic that shows up whenever you go to boss stages in Sonic Rush, usually in Base btw

-It's not an aesthetic at all. The animation isn't even slightly comparable considering in one case, it's just nonsense streaks of light, while in the latter it's definable cosmological structures.

Screenshot 2016-08-19-03-44-18
Screenshot 2016-08-18-07-39-39
-We're already aware that in this moment they travelled to space considering Eggman was located in a tear of reality between Worlds. In all other cases, there's no evidence they even left the area.

-It's not just a Game Mechanic either. It's actually an integral part of the storyline and cutscene where the destination, the tear of reality, is actually visible and isn't just a represented by a white light as in every other case.

Its an outlier regardless.

I've played that game (it's awesome) and I remember it was like a tear in space time or so, so while this is assumption the structures could simply have closed distance

That is not the tear in reality. Their going to where their worlds meet which was between the tear in reality between both worlds, effectively a boom tube.

well Hyper is a much more powerful form than super and the chaos emeralds did power the egg blaster to the point where they reached a star system in seconds

Not for the franchise where immeasurable and omnipresent speeds exist. For the character? Possibly. There's nothing to compare to. The only thing we know about Super Sonic is he's faster than base.

It was awesome. The Music was simply to die for.

Assumption, and a faulty one as they weren't even within the tear.

Dr.Eggman specifically said the area there, was stable and tears of reality are effectively portals. The worlds joining there actually acts as evidence.

Redgrave also made a good point.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Antvasima said:
That is a very useful calculation. Which characters, in which forms, should be upgraded from the feat?

However, I obviously trust DontTalk, but it is probably best to ask for evaluations here, as usual.
Super Shadow, Super and Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze as she actually did the feat, Super and Hyper Sonic, Devil Doom, Final Hazard, Metal Madness, Mecha Sonic, Dark Gaia and Solaris.
Also, done.
What about Eggma with the Time Eater, he is listed at FTL+.

maybe the change should be at least FTL+ possibly immesurable but that would contradict because this was considered an outliner so yeah

Wait. Why did all these characters get changed to "MFTL" if we are basing this off of DontTalk's calc which is "obviously MFTL+"

And why are these characters who are consistently on par with Sonic or matched him "FTL+, Possible MFTL" instead of just MFTL+?

No one made any changes yet. Other calc group members need to review the calculation first. The possibly MFTL rating was already there.

Oh alright. I thought "FTL+, possibly MFTL" was the change performed. My mistake.

Alakabamm has said thst he accepts the calculation, and DontTalk is very reliable, so I think that we can scale from this feat now.

Antvasima said:
Alakabamm has said thst he accepts the calculation, and DontTalk is very reliable, so I think that we can scale from this feat now.
So, it is accepted to upgrade Super Sonic, Eggman, Solaris and Dark Gaia to FTL+, possibly MFTL.

We are talking about this MFTL+ feat:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DontTalk/A_hammer_and_some_flying_past_stars

According to TheMightyRegulator, Super Shadow, Super and Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze, Super and Hyper Sonic, Devil Doom, Final Hazard, Metal Madness, Mecha Sonic, Dark Gaia and Solaris, would be affected.

However, given that he TMR seems to understand the franchise, it may be best to let him handle the upgrade.

Antvasima said:
We are talking about this MFTL+ feat:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DontTalk/A_hammer_and_some_flying_past_stars

According to TheMightyRegulator, Super Shadow, Super and Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze, Super and Hyper Sonic, Devil Doom, Final Hazard, Metal Madness, Mecha Sonic, Dark Gaia and Solaris, would be affected.

However, given that he TMR seems to understand the franchise, it may be best to let him handle the upgrade.
Ok, i saw the feat and i approve to let him handle the upgrade.

TheMightyRegulator said:
-It's not an aesthetic at all. The animation isn't even slightly comparable considering in one case, it's just nonsense streaks of light, while in the latter it's definable cosmological structures.
Screenshot 2016-08-19-03-44-18
Screenshot 2016-08-18-07-39-39
-We're already aware that in this moment they travelled to space considering Eggman was located in a tear of reality between Worlds. In all other cases, there's no evidence they even left the area.

-It's not just a Game Mechanic either. It's actually an integral part of the storyline and cutscene where the destination, the tear of reality, is actually visible and isn't just a represented by a white light as in every other case.
Second pic. These aren't stars, I'm pretty sure of it. Blaze is behind a star and in front of one at the same time and we can see they are comparable to her body size.

Now the large pink thing in the background looks like a galaxy, and you could calc how long it took to reach that.

The stars are both actually in front of her and Blaze, as well as Sonic were both clearly closer to the camera than any of the stars in that scan, even the ones behind them. Perspective should be in play here, as this is space where something that seems close, may translate to millions of miles.

Also, don't see how they could have travelled to an entirely different galaxy without passing cosmological objects.

That's also not a galaxy, but a tear in space-time formed by two Universes were more or less, merging or colliding.

If the star looks that big and it's closer to the camera then that would make Blaze several AU tall.

@TMR So, are you interested in making the necessary adjustments?

idk if that is a star because blaze can't be THAT big that won't make sense considering they are average sized animals so either Blaze and Sonic are closer to the camera or that isn't a star but something else

Considering that this battle is taking place in outer space, I think that the size issue is due to Sonic and Blaze being shown closer to the camera while the stars are shown to be further away.

This is because there are stars that shown to be smaller than the others, meaning that they could be further away.

Anyways, I am okay with the upgrade.

By the way, all these guys:

Super Shadow, Super and Hyper Knuckles, Super Tails, Burning Blaze, Super and Hyper Sonic, Devil Doom, Final Hazard, Metal Madness, Mecha Sonic, Dark Gaia and Solaris
are getting their speed rating changed to Massively FTL+ and a calculation linked to it, correct?

I would appreciate if somebody would upgrade the Sonic characters soon.

The calculation has been accepted by the calc group, so the upgrades should be applied accordingly.

Antvasima said:
The calculation has been accepted by the calc group, so the upgrades should be applied accordingly.
I will upgrade them, since we have reached a conclusion.

Okay. Thank you. Just make sure to only change the statistics for the relevant game characters, not for the comics.

Antvasima said:
The calc itself os correct. The assumtpions that go into naking it are not. Also massive outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back