• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We should probably remove that. And thank you for the help.

Since the Laser Wisp is still, well, a laser, could we not scale his speed to how fast he is in comparison to it either in-game or in a cutscene?

Either way FTL is a minimum due to the 2 FTL statements and the aptly named "Lightspeed Dash".

Thing is, if the attack is named Lightspeed Dash, it would imply that he normally can't reach LS without the attack. Not to mention, one of his feats (The "Black Hole" in Sonic Colors) contradict that. Also, what is this official source?

Hmm, well the problem with that black hole feat is that not being able to completely run away would suggest that he is:

"Relativistic normally, (Almost <(Keyword here), outran a black hole's event horizon), Lightspeed With his "Lightspeed Attack".

Of course, we could use the statements to put him at:

"FTL (Has two FTL statements alongside an attack called Lightspeed attack)"

But it might bring problems as:

A- This would imply that his LS attack is actually slower than he is normally, which doesn't make much sense, as he would be much better off without it.

B- That we consider his almost outrunning black hole feat as an outlier, as it would limit his normal speed at Relativistic rather than FTL.

So either we take the two statements, or the attack name and highest non-outlier feat.

I might be over-thinking this, though.

Yeah that's the problem with Sonic's Base speed there.

Though we should also try to talk about the Super Forms speed primarily, the base one does also need some work on him here on his page as well...

He flew back from the Moon once, but that's not lightspeed by any stretch if I remember the feat right.

AFAIK all we really know is that Super is a lot faster than base, and since Lightspeed Dash is a base-level feat then Super should be FTL by default.

Hmmm, then here is how I feel like it should be:

"Relativistic normally, (Almost outran a black hole's event horizon near the ending of Sonic Colors), Lightspeed With his "Lightspeed Attack | At least FTL (Is far superior in speed compared to base Sonic, likely also including the "Lightspeed Attack")

Key: Base Sonic | Super Sonic

LordXcano said:
He flew back from the Moon once, but that's not lightspeed by any stretch if I remember the feat right.
AFAIK all we really know is that Super is a lot faster than base, and since Lightspeed Dash is a base-level feat then Super should be FTL by default.
Here's the feat.

Wasn't base Sonic officially stated to be FTL?

Barely being able to outrun a black hole's event horizon is likely more an issue of Sega not knowing about, or subscribing to, our scaling rules regarding speed feats.

I think that Sonic's base statistics should remain as currently, and his super form be listed as: "Unknown. Likely at least FTL+ (Is far swifter than in base)".

That official source i linked earlier to here, that was on his profile btw, states him to be of that level.

Well, then I think that his base statistics should stay as they are.

I think the above tiering sounds best.

Speed: Unknow. At least FTL+, (Far swifter than in base form), likely higher.

I added the likely higher statement if those glowing orbs shown could be considered stars, etc.

That seems fine. So, who is willing to carry out the changes to the Sonic characters? (Just take care that only the game versions are changed, not the comicbook ones.)

Which characters need to be changed? Are we just changing the stats for Super Sonic, or base Sonic as well?

If it's just Super Sonic, who scales?

Only the Super forms and all of the characters that scale to them.

I am uncertain which ones that is, but you can check through the pages listed here, and read the speed descriptions in the respective profiles.

It should be all of the statistics that Dark649 recently modified to MFTL+.

I was actually gonna do this but if Lina doesn't mind, then i'm alright with it.

More contributions to others is good for me.

Okay. I will try to check some of them up later.

Actually ZZ, it's still linked on his page (or was it acidentally taken off there earlier?). But it's to have something that's official that puts him at that level still.

Since the changes to the Super Form have been made and done, i believe we can close this yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back