• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first is not Reality Warping. The World Rings aren't warping reality or manipulating it, they "govern" over it (as the Conceptual Manip page would say). And yes, making you feels emotions is Empathic Manip. But that wasn't the point, the point is that it justifies the World Rings governing over reality, as they're the source of all emotions within the Arabian Nights.

Mav created the blog, he'd explain it better than I could. I probably just butchered something lol.

The blog doesn't explain much other than form what I can understand "spreading emotions through the world".

But they're literally stated to make up and bind the Arabian Nights. I linked three seperate scans in my CM post, and none even really allude to warping reality so much as they do controlling it. The Rings aren't sentient, they don't act on anything, and they'd have no need to warp reality on their own. Though again, I recommend waiting for Mav. I might just be butchering his actual argument lol

@Mav Would this be better?

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3. Can manipulate the reality of the Arabian Nights, which is stated to be made up, binded, and controlled by the World Rings. The World Rings are vital to the existence and fundamental principles from the Arabian Nights reality through emotions conveyed through its stories and can bend them to their will, and are also hinted to be the source of all emotions within the Arabian Nights)

Not sure about the reasoning dor the rings themselves being conceptual or not, but even if they are sonic doesn't exactly mess around with concepts while using the 3 he has.

The World Rings embody the emotions that make up the Arabian Nights reality, making these emotions a type 3 concept -> Darkspine Sonic and Alf Layla-wa-Layla being empowered by the World Rings have control over the emotions to reshape reality to their will.

The World Rings govern reality, as explained in good detail above. Alf Layla-Wa Layla is empowered by said things that govern reality. Sonic is also empowered by said things that govern reality. Alf also planned to recreate the Arabian Nights, in which it would include affecting those very concepts that the Arabian Nights are made up of. Sonic can restore the Arabian Nights.

Safe to say it does include concepts.

Being powered by concepts doesn't mean you can manipulate them is what I was trying to say. Not sure about the definition yet yet either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back