• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@DaBoi Tbh some other characters are like that too.

Comics Spider-Man is probably a good example. You go around and people either say he's either a ten-tonner or a Herald-level character.

I also saw more downplay that wank

Stuff like "he got noodle arms so he is weak" "he's an animal so he is weak" or "he's only good for speed that only reaches sound, nothing else"

Even the Sonic fanbase downplays him because bitterness that their fav isn't the MC

ShakeResounding said:
@DaBoi Tbh some other characters are like that too.
Comics Spider-Man is probably a good example. You go around and people either say he's either a ten-tonner or a Herald-level character.
I know. I just don't like the fact people are so borderline when it comes to this stuff.

Dragon Ball fanboys on Sonic vs Goku videos commonly say "how can a hedgehog/rodent who runs fast beat a god, then blah blah Goku wanking."

Just play Sonic Battle and you'll see Sonic is actually quite skilled in combat.

I mean, at least this site and other places in the internet strikes some middle ground (most of the time)

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Dragon Ball fanboys on Sonic vs Goku videos commonly say "how can a hedgehog/rodent who runs fast beat a god, then blah blah Goku wanking."
Just play Sonic Battle and you'll see Sonic is actually quite skilled in combat.
^Exactly. People commonly mistaken Sonic for not knowing basic hand-to-hand. Even during that Mario v Sonic death battle, I'm not mad Sonic lost b/c I knew that was gonna happen, the animator made it seem like Sonic has no basic fighting sense.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Oh god, going to a Sonic VS video in youtube is a minezone because either people wanks the opposing character or dislike Sonic so much they downplay him

There's Goku, but there's also characters like Rainbow Dash (or any MLP character that isn't top tier), Sash Lilac or...well there was others

Death Battle lol.

Those clowns use gameplay mechanics to say Super Sonic can't last a full minute. Not that it makes it any better, but they did downplay Mario as well.

UltimateFlare said:
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Oh god, going to a Sonic VS video in youtube is a minezone because either people wanks the opposing character or dislike Sonic so much they downplay him
There's Goku, but there's also characters like Rainbow Dash (or any MLP character that isn't top tier), Sash Lilac or...well there was others
I can totally see how people wank Goku, but wanking Rainbow Dash or Sash Lilac? Oh boy that's gotta be interesting.

I strongly recommend the IDW Sonic comics. While the Archie ones always have a place in my heart and a very high nostalgic value (I've been reading them since I was small)... it's really great to have comics more in tune with the game universe's lore.

It is a ''youtube'' comments section. There's not exactly some sort of standardized battleboard network there and most sonic fans aren't going through the games with a vs debating mindset anyways.

@ShadowWarrior Rainbow Dash tends to be on and off about the battle thing, most of the wank comes from the racing and who she is much faster than Sonic who only goes up to the speed of sound...apparently

Sash is worse, most peoplecite the Holo Dragon as being better than anything that Sonic ever did (including beating Perfect Chaos) because it's big...even though that thing doesn't prove shit

Then they say she is, not giving a concrete reason why except "she is in a good game" (when?) "she doesn't need a super form" (maybe because her opponents aren't that strong to begin with?) or I guess because she has a more combat oriented game so maybe they thought that=she's stronger

I got the shot shot shot, thot.

Nah, but let's forget about all of this vs stuff outside of Vs Battles for now, it always makes people toxic and I don't wanna see that from any of you lovely faces.

How about those rumors for the Sonic Adventure remake instead?

Speaking of Tokyo. I really wish Sonic would utilize his Japanese heritage in his main games. Give them him kind of anime esque vibe. I'm totally fine with the more American Pixar feeling though.

I went to Akiba once, and went to that oh so iconic Sega building, but I barely found anything Sonic related. Sonic is not so big in Japan, and that's pretty sad.

@Shake I know. Sonic was always directed towards a western audience. Western attitude, western design? (Not sure about that one), western interests (this guy eats Chilidogs), and who could ever forget his western buttrock music that only has English versions of. I'm a weeb myself so I'm really sad that he doesn't go into his Japanese side a bit more, and with their quirks. I always found Asian aesthetics as the way to go, but I'm not talking about the old days though.

UltimateFlare said:
I think there's places in japan with lot's of Sonic stuff, can't recall which
Well yeah, despite him not being as popular in other states, he is still a global icon, this is something he needs to have at least. I also heard because of the Sonic the Comic series, that Sonic is actually pretty big in Britain lol.

I would love to be wrong on a subject like this. Sonic in my eyes, should be just as big as a Japanese icon as he is American. I want to discuss this topic with that guy, seems really interesting.

Songs like Aqua Road and Imperial Tower in Sonic Forces do have that anime-esque vibe to them.

I would be 100% on board with a Sonic anime without Chris in it.

I think Miko even manages (or managed) a Sonic art blog that reblogs advice to artist about how to draw Sonic characters (or art advice in general)

Back