• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It doesn't make sense that someone who's at the pinnacle of chaos energy would get locked up by an intermediate technique that can be performed by a single emerald. Heroes Overlord was a long ass time ago. Even then,you can break out of it quicker if you mash buttons. That sounds more like a mechanics deal to me.

Last edited:
So how are we going to index Shadow when he's fully completed? He has a similar mechanic to the Super forms where rings are drained and he's impervious to damage when he has his Doom Wings. Or at least, I think so since I'm about ten hours in and I haven't seen Shadow take damage when he's in his Doom Wings form.

I hate they tried to do that when, since SEGA forgot, Shadow was able to use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald in Sonic Forces.
Considering that Chaos Control is a power that can be used by Metal Sonic/Metal Overlord by copying Shadow, it really makes me think that maybe they could have Shadow using actual Chaos Control, even if on a smaller scale just by using his own power. Maybe could remove the Inhibitor Rings to match the power of one Emerald Chaos Control if he had to. Because really, with how much Black Doom could do on Shadow Generations without an emerald really puts things into perspective, especially if they continue to downplay the power of a single emerald because eventually, you could even say Black Doom alone is stronger than a Chaos Emerald since what he did far surpassed with what they often say a single emerald could do.

I'm more curious on the black doom profile ngl, since he doesn't seem to need the chaos emeralds to go turn into the devil, and became even stronger after that with neo devil doom, he also can use chaos control without an emerald afaik

I'm more curious on the black doom profile ngl, since he doesn't seem to need the chaos emeralds to go turn into the devil, and became even stronger after that with neo devil doom, he also can use chaos control without an emerald afaik
He never needed an emerald for either of those. Honestly outside of The End and the Time Eater, he may be the strongest non-emerald user in the series.

Solaris is an emerald user.
Ah...I was confused there for a second, thanks for clarifying what you meant by that. But yeah, I can see Doom being the strongest non emerald user outside the two others you mentioned.

Sonic Question Time: Shadow Generations is getting a DLC level based off Tokyo from the upcoming Sonic 3 movie and, for whatever reason, you are personally asked by SEGA to choose choose a stage from the franchise to make into another DLC stage. So what stage would you choose to be in Shadow Generations?

And to make it more fun, especially with Chaos Island being in the game, you can choose a stage from Sonic games which Shadow doesn't directly appear in/is playable.

Sonic Question Time: Shadow Generations is getting a DLC level based off Tokyo from the upcoming Sonic 3 movie and, for whatever reason, you are personally asked by SEGA to choose choose a stage from the franchise to make into another DLC stage. So what stage would you choose to be in Shadow Generations?

And to make it more fun, especially with Chaos Island being in the game, you can choose a stage from Sonic games which Shadow doesn't directly appear in/is playable.
Add the Black Comet in instead of MORE Radical Highway.

Shouldn't Super States upscale from this,too? I would find it difficult to belive that in the current narrative & spectacle direction of the games that Super Sonic wouldn't break out of CC instantaneously.They're the top of the food chain,afterall.
No, Metal overlord and Time Eater can stop/slow them in time with no problem

Ah...I was confused there for a second, thanks for clarifying what you meant by that. But yeah, I can see Doom being the strongest non emerald user outside the two others you mentioned.

Personally, I'd do the Evil Foundary, and I'd invest in a single Stage of Two Acts from the next planned Title after Shadow Generations to act as a hype booster/teaser of a Stage since the events of the game affect all of Time, with this new location potentially giving hints as to what the gimmick or story may be from things in the background or minor dialogue of character observations.

while Completed Shadow breaks off instantly without any trouble, aka, Super's don't scale, specially since Shadow's isn't a Chaos Energy form at all
We're talking about forms that are the apex of the series that consistently asspull unprecedented techniques to specifically counter the enemies they battle.

C'mon now,Dog.

If anything,literally anything that has ever slowed them down or seemingly bothered, hurt,or drain them was complete PIS/jobbery. On paper, At full tilt,completely unrestrained,nothing should or would stop them.

We're talking about forms that are the apex of the series that consistently asspull unprecedented techniques to specifically counter the enemies they battle.

C'mon now,Dog.
and that use a Power Source that has nothing to do with what Complete Shadow is using at all, nor does it have any reason to outscale it in terms of anything but power, specially when Neo Devil Doom is already arguably superior to many of the Chaos Emerald users we saw so far in the series

and that use a Power Source that has nothing to do with what Complete Shadow is using at all, nor does it have any reason to outscale it in terms of anything but power, specially when Neo Devil Doom is already arguably superior to many of the Chaos Emerald users we saw so far in the series
They have literally every reason to outscale when they've consistently been seen as the win button swiss army knife of reality warping & countering techniques. Also, Base Sonic did Chaos Control with a paper weight ages ago.

They have literally every reason to outscale when they've consistently been seen as the win button swiss army knife of reality warping & countering techniques.
yeah, they are much more powerful in raw power than anything else.............and Completed Shadow and Neo Devil Doom are equal, if not superior, to beings empowered by them, making this comparison not work here

Also, Base Sonic did Chaos Control with a paper weight ages ago.
....dope? doesn't really have anything o do with anything here

yeah, they are much more powerful in raw power than anything else.............and Completed Shadow and Neo Devil Doom are equal, if not superior, to beings empowered by them, making this comparison not work here

....dope? doesn't really have anything o do with anything here
Where is this implied? I haven't played the game or read all the dialogue yet.

I thought it was agreed that the hypertimeline is superior to white space. I'm so confused
He's either 5D or 6D. I don't know exactly where affecting White Space puts you at.
Then everyone should be 6D then. Why is it such a crucial plot point that Shadow needs a singular emerald if he & Black Doom just completely shit on & outscale all 7?
Black Arms physiology is strong. Simple as.

I thought it was agreed that the hypertimeline is superior to white space. I'm so confused
yeah it is......and due to him Altering Space Time enough to bring the old timeline back, he is very likely altering the Hypertimeline, plus some "i am the perfect being" lines would suggest > to the likes of Time Eater and Solaris as, him altering space time on that scale, would make him likely aware of them

I like how Shadow Generations continues that trend of showing characters getting stronger over time, despite SEGA's insistence of it not being true, by having Shadow single handedly kicking the asses of Metal Overlord and Mephiles. The former of whom needed three Super forms to take out and the latter requiring Shadow to remove his inhibitor rings to take him out.

I imagine that Metal Overlord's going to get downgraded for this, but it does add another Low 2-C/2-C feat to the table.

I like how Shadow Generations continues that trend of showing characters getting stronger over time, despite SEGA's insistence of it not being true, by having Shadow single handedly kicking the asses of Metal Overlord and Mephiles. The former of whom needed three Super forms to take out and the latter requiring Shadow to remove his inhibitor rings to take him out.

I imagine that Metal Overlord's going to get downgraded for this, but it does add another Low 2-C/2-C feat to the table.
Nah, Perfect Chaos specially has a bunch of statements and showing saying otherwise, and MO is > Chaos

Will make a thread after SXS Gens normal release comes out

Back