• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Because Pre-Genesis Wave Continuity contains an Uncountably Infinite Universes within its cosmology. That would mean Sonic Boom would be present in its cosmology as well especially when Sticks crossed over later on in Worlds Unite. Adding onto this Archie Eggman and Wily crossed over in Worlds Collide and Worlds Unite, I don’t see how Sonic Boom wouldn’t be included here as well.
We would need reasoning that Boom somehow survived the Super Genesis Wave.

Just a reminder that Solaris destroying "everything" "everywhen" would include the reality of the Pre-Genesis wave as well regardless
I do agree with this, but I am doubtful on Archie and Mainline sharing a cosmology. And on this note, I am directly opposed to them sharing a multiverse, because of the Super Genesis Wave.
Also, I may have missed it, but what is the evidence for the Boom comic, game, and show being canon to each other?

Can we just... Not do any of that and stick to what we have?
I am against any cosmology scaling, too.
I share the same thoughts as @Theuser789. All this cross-scaling cosmology and tier 1 hijinx is why I'm put off contributing to Sonic CRTs and choose to occasionally hang around here instead.
How about this? Assuming the ongoing Archie upgrade fails, I'll argue this for Archie and Boom without connecting them to the mainline games, and leave it at that for now. I'm not a huge fan of 1-B game Sonic. The only reason I have any interest in arguing for it is because I think the connections make sense enough for it to be at least a possibillity worth considering.

I've seen a convincing CSAP cosmology page for archie sonic that caps at baseline hyperversal with off-panel. Im not knowledgeable on archie though so i cant say for sure it's legit

How about this? Assuming the ongoing Archie upgrade fails, I'll argue this for Archie and Boom without connecting them to the mainline games, and leave it at that for now. I'm not a huge fan of 1-B game Sonic. The only reason I have any interest in arguing for it is because I think the connections make sense enough for it to be at least a possibillity worth considering.
I think that's better since Archie canonically did crossover with Boom.

I do agree with this, but I am doubtful on Archie and Mainline sharing a cosmology. And on this note, I am directly opposed to them sharing a multiverse, because of the Super Genesis Wave.
Also, I may have missed it, but what is the evidence for the Boom comic, game, and show being canon to each other?
The animated series and Sonic Boom 2: Fire & Ice are obviously canon to each other, since it has a chapter dedicated entirely to the final boss of that game (I mean the little robot), outside of that... I don't know about the two original Sonic Boom games, they contradict each other, and the closest thing to reference within the animated series is the existence of the elders and that Sonic has the energy rope that he receives in Rise of Lyric (I know that Sonic or Tails have it in chapter 1, although I don't remember seeing them use it after)
I have no idea about the comics
and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom directly has no reason to be canon (mobile game without any story, [or at least that's what I understand]) I mean, we don't consider the original Sonic Dash canon for base continuity (do we?)

The animated series and Sonic Boom 2: Fire & Ice are obviously canon to each other, since it has a chapter dedicated entirely to the final boss of that game (I mean the little robot), outside of that... I don't know about the two original Sonic Boom games, they contradict each other, and the closest thing to reference within the animated series is the existence of the elders and that Sonic has the energy rope that he receives in Rise of Lyric (I know that Sonic or Tails have it in chapter 1, although I don't remember seeing them use it after)
I have no idea about the comics
and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom directly has no reason to be canon (mobile game without any story, [or at least that's what I understand]) I mean, we don't consider the original Sonic Dash canon for base continuity (do we?)
there was a Sonic Dash archie comic issue iirc

The SGW is a rewrite that exceeds everything in the cosmology, including all of time. This is a stretch.
Nah, Hypertimeline, it goes back to even things that never happened to begin with, so the PreSGW would be included

Better to discuss this when the time comes tho

Just try the first one first, i think it makes sense

That's still a more or less baseless assumption considering the sheer scope of the changes caused by the SGW. If we were to go with your interpretation, every character from mainline Sonic, Boom, X, and Paramount would need a pre-Genesis Wave key and a post-Genesis Wave key (at least, assuming we also get Chaos energy cross-scaling in some cases).
How exactly? Is it through the assumption Chaos Energy Cross-Scaling with each other?

How exactly? Is it through the assumption Chaos Energy Cross-Scaling with each other?
In the cases of the Paramount and X versions, that would be the onlyy for those two keys to have any differences, but they would still technically have a pre-Genesis and post-Genesis version by your logic

In the cases of the Paramount and X versions, that would be the onlyy for those two keys to have any differences, but they would still technically have a pre-Genesis and post-Genesis version by your logic
I don't see how Paramount is but we do know that Sonic X does have a Pre-Genesis Wave equivalent through the comic book series.

Just saw Dark Beginnings episode 1. Was neat.

Maria's eyes often look oddly narrowed, but maybe I was just misreading her expressions?
Still, with most of her characterization being presented to us on consoles old enough to legally buy alcohol nowadays, it was nice to see it in a new way.

Although I can't help but feel amused by the strange line at the end.

"That was no nightmare. It happened while I was looking at The Ark!"

Shadow, did you not fall asleep laying face-up, on an unpollutedly starry sky of a remote location on a clear night? You'd definitely have a clear view of whatever the sky is, & the moon is visible nearly anywhere on Earth, if The Ark looks that huge, of course you'd be able to see it wherever you fell asleep!

Ergo, it could just be coincidence that he saw that "nightmare"/vision, since he'd definitely be able to see The Ark as long as he had a viewing angle that showed the sky where he slept.

But.... There was something resembling a stereotypical visual/computer glitch. Or a VHS glitch or TV static?

Shadow is an artificial life form, made my Eggman, a roboticist. Didn't Eggman make multiple clones? Would they not be robotic?

Could this be some kind of radio signal being sent out from a defunct/malfunctional part? But then why now? Wouldn't Eggman have noticed or have it repaired before this could happen? Did he set this up? Is Eggman even AT The Ark right now?
Or maybe some contingency plan of Gerald Robotnik somehow?

The animation & art were definitely nice, too, though.

Back