• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ohhh okay I get what you mean, though we never used that statement in her AP section afaik
You mean speed section? We do use it. For Sonic at least. They're currently scaled to it.

Ian answers some very interesting topics about IDW and even Archie comics on his Podcast like, once every two days, it's great.

You mean speed section? We do use it. For Sonic at least. They're currently scaled to it.

Ian answers some very interesting topics about IDW and even Archie comics on his Podcast like, once every two days, it's great.
He just said Sonic moves at Mach 1, bro. Like, 2 days ago. Why are we using Surge's Lightspeed statement again?

If there's anything from the Bumblekast than we just remove it. Surge's speed mainly comes from what's in the comic, afterall (Plus it's his OC, so his word actually has weight here)

If there's anything from the Bumblekast than we just remove it. Surge's speed mainly comes from what's in the comic, afterall (Plus it's his OC, so his word actually has weight here)
Do we remove stuff from the profiles based off his statements?

Also, does his word does not have weight when it comes to how fast Sonic moves, since he writes him?

Do we remove stuff from the profiles based off his statements?

Also, does his word does not have weight when it comes to how fast Sonic moves, since he writes him?
No and no. We base Sonic’s speed on the feats shown in the comic. If Ian’s word ever conflicts with the comic the comic takes precedence.

No and no. We base Sonic’s speed on the feats shown in the comic. If Ian’s word ever conflicts with the comic the comic takes precedence.
Even when it comes to statements? He should have the higher authority on them, right? If he says Surge's Lightspeed statement is just her being arrogant, would we still consider it valid?

Even when it comes to statements? He should have the higher authority on them, right? If he says Surge's Lightspeed statement is just her being arrogant, would we still consider it valid?
Its like the flash performing FTL up to MFTL+ speed feats but constantly being stated to have only hit lightspeed

If Surge has any calcs that hit lightspeed or even like very high rel+ or FTL then those will take precedent

Surge’s statement can probably be scrapped if he said it was a bluff.

Its like the flash performing FTL up to MFTL+ speed feats but constantly being stated to have only hit lightspeed

If Surge has any calcs that hit lightspeed or even like very high rel+ or FTL then those will take precedent
Our SoL rating is based on her statement, and a Rel+ feat support.

I'm talking about Flynn's statement. We never used any of his statements in the IDW profiles, period. Only the statement given by a character within the narrative, supported by a feat fairly close to the Speed of Light, and that's a literal world of a difference. It would be different if the next best feat was, say, low-end Massively Hypersonic.

he aizened the **** outta the community
He aizened the people gullible enough to be listening to IAN FLYNN for powerscaling lol

Last edited:
I'm talking about Flynn's statement. We never used any of his statements in the IDW profiles, period. Only the statement given by a character within the narrative, supported by a feat fairly close to the Speed of Light, and that's a literal world of a difference. It would be different if the next best feat was, say, low-end Massively Hypersonic.

He aizened the people gullible enough to be listening to IAN FLYNN for powerscaling lol
If Ian, Surge's writer and creator, were to state her Lightspeed line is just her being cocky, we would need to downgrade the cast to Rel+, regardless if you trust Ian or not.

This is random, but if it's alright, I have a few random questions in regards to some Sonic stuff.

To my understanding, Solaris was essentially going to destroy everything in Sonic canon, I believe? If so, this means they would have also been targeting Maginaryworld and "all dreams across all dimensions", I think?

In Zero Gravity, Master Core ABIS created the "lightless black", which is the black hole. In the race, we see stars and multiple galaxies constantly spinning, moving in the background. This boss takes place at dawn, due to the cast having to defeat ABIS in under 5 minutes, and the cutscene after the fight showing the rising sun, so, this isn't the night sky (especially because the lightless black kicked up way too much dirt and debris for the sky to be as clear as the background looks), but I also feel this isn't us seeing out into space, either, since everything is moving. I could be mistaken, but, I don't believe anything ever indicates that ABIS is spinning itself, the track, and also us, so it seems to be that the background is moving, with the black hole moving all of that around. If the background was space, that wouldn't make sense I believe, which is why I feel ABIS must have created these stars and galaxies along side the black hole, personally. Due to the severity of the situation at hand, and the time limit given by the game and the loading screen, I don't believe ABIS had any time to let the black hole pull these in from space. We fly into the lightless black, and everything is already there. Unless I'm wrong, which is absolutely possible of course, I think this may be a universal feat? I'm not knowledgeable on how things work in a science-y manner, so to speak, but I think you need a universal sized space to house this many celestial bodies? Again, though, I could be mistaken about all of this, but, considering the premise of this thread, I wanted to bring it to attention, I suppose.

(Here are two screenshots, if it helps at all. I can also link a video of the final boss, if need be.)
a0a67120-60ad-4eb3-a4d2-4a815f66509c

I hope the night treats all of you well, by the way!

Until I know for certain other characters actually have legit plot importance again and are useful instead of being useless unplayable NPCs that continues the "Sonic saves the day because he is the MC and little else" circlejerk, I'm not holding my breath. I've already been baited twice by the this game will appeal to adventure era fans poly, first with Sonic Boom's early concept teases with ancient Chao as well as adventuring through the ruins of an ancient civilization and again with Sonic Forces' initial advertising (self-explanatory), Never again!

Pretty indicative that many fans (myself included) will likely NEVER fully trust Sonic team to treat the extented cast with justice and respect in the mainline 1st party games. Even with Ian Flynn on board.

Worst comes worse Frontiers will be modded to oblivion on PC and that's where the real "fun" begins. Ofc relying on fans to "fix" games isn't acceptable either.

Tl;dr Still feeling neutral leaning on cautiously optimistic for Frontiers. Just gives us some decent spin-off (not Olympics or discount Mario Kart) content FFS Sonic Team, if we're expected to wait up to every five years for a mainline game.

Eh I'm pretty optimistic and knowing anything about the gaming industry the confidence team sonic and sega has with all the positive reception and seeing when the review embargo gets lifted will all be alone tell the quality of the game and I'd say so far it's looking prettt good and can likely only get better in the 14 days leading up to release hell I wouldn't be surprised if the review embargo is released anywhere from 7~3 days before release

When I play Frontiers, I will try to keep an eye for any sorts of ""VS-ssy"" things, so to speak. I can capture stuff on my PS5, of course, so I can send footage of whatever need be, if at all. I'm not a math person, though, so I won't be able to assist in that regard.

When I play Frontiers, I will try to keep an eye for any sorts of ""VS-ssy"" things, so to speak. I can capture stuff on my PS5, of course, so I can send footage of whatever need be, if at all. I'm not a math person, though, so I won't be able to assist in that regard.
Ayeee ps5 gang lol but yeah as will I, we've already got some interesting stuff and potential force field negation

Back