• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Really, if wasn't for this beig Phantom Ruby illusions, this is the most destructive Sonic characters felt since the Archie days. Literally Eggman raising hands creating parallel worlds of alternative history while Super Sonic is completely unaffected by it while destroying them with a shining light.
I can't believe a Sonic Channel story gave us so much hax and scaling. This shit is busted.

So that's why Super Sonic wasn't in Forces, he coulda just flexed his muscles hard and dissipated the illusions kek
Now I understand why it didn't appear in Forces, because it literally would have destroyed everyone, normal, yes, normal Sonic could already destroy them, Super Sonic, puff.

Memory rewriting and reality warping on planetary scale, pain manipulation, possibly reaffirming PC’s super form level power even in the modern day (assuming the Ruby illusions being on par with the originals is still true), Super Eggman downscaling Super Sonic, etc.

Memory rewriting and reality warping on planetary scale, pain manipulation, possibly reaffirming PC’s super form level power even in the modern day (assuming the Ruby illusions being on par with the originals is still true), Super Eggman downscaling Super Sonic, etc.
although it was said to induce memories of other worlds(universes)so the range is bigger.

They consistently affirm it’s only planet range (but they also say the space is infinite in the advertising, infinite size Sonic planet????)

By the way, INFINITE appeared for the last time in the finale, and literally as it appeared, it disappeared again due to the same phantom ruby... the people at Sega really hate villains who are not Eggman.

The story Eitaro wrote really feels like a demonstration of both the flexibility of the cast while still having their essences no matter what.

Even if they are in a totally different reality, only the scenario changes while their core essences remain the same.

In this age of people complaining about Sonic feelings different depending on the writer and media, Toyoda really showed Sonic can be Sonic no matter the changes he goes.

As someone said on Twitter, if Eggman can do that, why can't the various western writers do that?

It's a matter of consistency, if the setting and characters feel different for each writer that does them, it loses the consistent feeling that makes the a character feel like that character.

Corporate mandates aside, not counting the time the higher-ups themselves request for changes.

Anyway, the story really feels like you can let Sonic be themselves even if they are tossed into another world.

In this age of people complaining about Sonic feelings different depending on the writer and media, Toyoda really showed Sonic can be Sonic no matter the changes he goes.

As someone said on Twitter, if Eggman can do that, why can't the various western writers do that?
This here? This is why Zack Snyder's Superman fundamentally does not work when we know what the Man of Steel is suppose to be like in the comics. See much like Sonic the Hedgehog, I feel like there's usually an expectation for how a character is suppose to be depicted both in the mediums they originate from, and in the case of my boi Clark the expectation is that he's suppose to be compassionate, optimistic, cheerful, exuding a bright aura and personality which makes you feel everything will be alright, and being someone who's able to comfort one in their darkest times and help them find hope. But Zack Snyder's Superman feels like the complete opposite where he's more dark, edgy, brooding, and just doesn't feel like what Superman is suppose to be as both a symbol and as a character.

And yeah I understand that Superman and Sonic are two different characters from two different countries, but I think your comment makes an excellent point that characters should be able to be themselves even when put into a different setting or no matter the amount of changes put into the story. So when a situation happens where the character is this sharp contrast from how they're normally depicted as, then what's the point?

This here? This is why Zack Snyder's Superman fundamentally does not work when we know what the Man of Steel is suppose to be like in the comics. See much like Sonic the Hedgehog, I feel like there's usually an expectation for how a character is suppose to be depicted both in the mediums they originate from, and in the case of my boi Clark the expectation is that he's suppose to be compassionate, optimistic, cheerful, exuding a bright aura and personality which makes you feel everything will be alright, and being someone who's able to comfort one in their darkest times and help them find hope. But Zack Snyder's Superman feels like the complete opposite where he's more dark, edgy, brooding, and just doesn't feel like what Superman is suppose to be as both a symbol and as a character.

And yeah I understand that Superman and Sonic are two different characters from two different countries, but I think your comment makes an excellent point that characters should be able to be themselves even when put into a different setting or no matter the amount of changes put into the story. So when a situation happens where the character is this sharp contrast from how they're normally depicted as, then what's the point?
i mean........

Blue, red and yellow color scheme
Symbol of hope for their planet
Super powerful compared to the normal folk
After certain conditions goes golden and becomes practically invincible
Messed with space time a lot of times
It is a symbol of improvement, hope and freedom

in the end i maintain my idea, Sonic is just an edgier Superman and Superman is just a soft Sonic

They consistently affirm it’s only planet range (but they also say the space is infinite in the advertising, infinite size Sonic planet????)
They are warping reality, bro. Even in this story Sonic and Eggman end up in the "cosmos".

Think of Night Palace from Secret Rings that has an infinite space inside it.

They didn’t go to space, so much as Eggman warped the atmosphere to look like space. The atmosphere in Sonic’s planet can seemingly sustain cosmos of that scope.

They didn’t go to space, so much as Eggman warped the atmosphere to look like space. The atmosphere in Sonic’s planet can seemingly sustain cosmos of that scope.
it's called reality warping for a reason,you can have a building with infinite size if you reality warp that building

They were in the ARK, which is in space. The ARK is too big to fit in the underground they were in. I think you're overanalyzing the story and Ruby's subjective reality.

It wasn’t the actual ARK, it was a recreation of the space colony. Kinda like Dyntos recreating the kraken and his arena in Kid Icarus

It wasn’t the actual ARK, it was a recreation of the space colony. Kinda like Dyntos recreating the kraken and his arena in Kid Icarus
Proof? Eggman was warping reality and creating several worlds where he didn't lose. You are implying it's just a green screen, which makes no sense. Never played Kid Icarus, either.

Proof? Eggman was warping reality and creating several worlds where he didn't lose. You are implying it's just a green screen, which makes no sense. Never played Kid Icarus, either.
You, just proved my point. He created the world with the space colony, ergo they didn’t actually go to space and see the real space colony. It’s absolutely possible to recreate that sort of environment within the atmosphere.

You, just proved my point. He created the world with the space colony, ergo they didn’t actually go to space and see the real space colony. It’s absolutely possible to recreate that sort of environment within the atmosphere.
bro does not how subjective reality works

What does positioning have to do with subjective reality, you can subjective reality so that bushes float in the sky if you wanted. They make it clear Eggman’s influence is entirely limited to the planet multiple times, so it makes sense all his worlds appear superimposed on the planet only.

Back