• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If the book contradicts stuff that is said in the games, then those parts in the book should be dismissed as it's only a secondary canon

Here's a better question, does it explains why "Eggman Nega is Eggman from alternative universe" in Rush while at same time, "descendant of Eggman" in Rivals?
grief take, it doesn't lol.
unknown.png
Some BS that Eggman Nega was "always" ment to be Eggman's descendant according the Sonic Rush director in an interview (However I've never seen nor heard where this interview comes from lol!).

Judging by the vagueness of the various statements within the book (I'll assume they also don't bother explaining why Blaze was randomly in Silver's future in 06?) I honestly don't think the book is a concrete source of info (Secondary canon as Gilad puts it).

That said I don't blame Ian, since we don't know how much Sega's mandates interfered with the book.

Probably going to have to update Silver's lifting strength calc. Apparently, I was supposed to use yield strength instead of Ultimate Tensile strength. Yield strength WILDLY varies though, so it may be an upgrade upon the current calc.

Anyways, what I really came here for is a 'calc' I made that got accepted that would put Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles (As well as Mid-Tiers in general) in Class G

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LaserPrecision/Sonic_IDW's_Mid-Tier_Lifting_Strength

Would be a large upgrade for them.

Probably going to have to update Silver's lifting strength calc. Apparently, I was supposed to use yield strength instead of Ultimate Tensile strength. Yield strength WILDLY varies though, so it may be an upgrade upon the current calc.

Anyways, what I really came here for is a 'calc' I made that got accepted that would put Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles (As well as Mid-Tiers in general) in Class G

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LaserPrecision/Sonic_IDW's_Mid-Tier_Lifting_Strength

Would be a large upgrade for them.
Nice catch.

Wonder if the book clarified something like "Solaris was spread out across every point in time at once", that would be a hoot.

Kinda curious, are the Prima guides used as an acceptable source?

And if they are, how is the statement that "only Sonic had the power and strength" to defeat Solaris considered? Can Sonic just naturally reach higher power levels with his Super form due to experience?

And if they are, how is the statement that "only Sonic had the power and strength" to defeat Solaris considered? Can Sonic just naturally reach higher power levels with his Super form due to experience?
Why did you change your pfp? 🥲

Sure

Sure, the rest still scale to Solaris tho

If that’s the case, couldn’t it be argued that Sonic enhanced Shadow and Silver beyond the levels they can normally achieve when they tap into Chaos Energy, since it was specifically his Super energy he passed on?

And then there's the part where it says that even Super Sonic can't do it alone, which seems kinda contradictory to the statement that "only Sonic" has the power.

Last edited:
I'm almost 100% sure there's been like five CRTs made about this exact same subject in the past, and I'm pretty sure you asked this exact same question before. There's a reason Super Shadow and Super Silver haven't been downgraded after so many years, despite how many times it seems to get brought up

If that’s the case, couldn’t it be argued that Sonic enhanced Shadow and Silver beyond the levels they can normally achieve when they tap into Chaos Energy, since it was specifically his Super energy he passed on?

And then there's the part where it says that even Super Sonic can't do it alone, which seems kinda contradictory to the statement that "only Sonic" has the power.
Based pfp is based
Perhaps, but Shadow and Silver both seemed confident they could have beaten him alone had it not been for Type 3 Acausality.

Not necessarily. Shadow and Silver needed to be their cuz of Solaris’s Type 3 Acausality, which refers to Solaris’s state of being instead of power.

The thing is, people argued that Shadow and Silver weren't necessary for their acausality bypassing, since one of them could already damage Solaris in all the requisite places, and just for the need of extra power. But then you say that Shadow and Silver were needed for acausality bypassing and not general strength.

It's kind of sending mixed signals.

It does sound like a question I've asked, but this is more regarding the topic of them being enhanced beyond their normal capabilities, rather than relating to the topic of Solaris in general.

The thing is, people argued that Shadow and Silver weren't necessary for their acausality bypassing, since one of them could already damage Solaris in all the requisite places, and just for the need of extra power. But then you say that Shadow and Silver were needed for acausality bypassing and not general strength.

It's kind of sending mixed signals.

It does sound like a question I've asked, but this is more regarding the topic of them being enhanced beyond their normal capabilities, rather than relating to the topic of Solaris in general.
Not really. Acausality is a state of power, not general strength. They were confident they could hurt Solaris but dkilling him at one point in time would him been meaningless, hence the need to revive Sonic. If it wasn’t for the Acausality Silver was ready to scrap with him right there.

But again, this has been done to death. Go look at the hundreds of Solaris CRTs if you want more evidence. As for your main question, ig it’s possible you could argue it, but it wouldn’t change much of anything.

If it was an amp, then, wouldn’t it mean that the other 2-C super forms like Mighty or Knuckles with Solaris justification wouldn’t be right, because they can’t reach that on their own?

I guess I’m just confused, when the possibility was brought up that the three hedgehogs were necessary in order to hit Solaris across all of time, the counter argument was that it was more attributed to a lack of strength. But then people also use the statement that Sonic alone had the power and strength to beat Solaris, so it seems off to use the argument of needing to hit Solaris across all of time as an argument to that.

I guess my point is just, everything in the narrative context of ‘06 points to Sonic being some X-factor that specifically shifts the balance in the hero’s favor, so it would kind of make sense if Sonic’s super form had a level that was higher than anything the other two could conceivably achieve on their own.

I guess my point is just, everything in the narrative context of ‘06 points to Sonic being some X-factor that specifically shifts the balance in the hero’s favor, so it would kind of make sense if Sonic’s super form had a level that was higher than anything the other two could conceivably achieve on their own.
It's probably because two Super forms wouldn't be enough to beat him, so they needed Sonic to win

Oh, well.
I was rethinking the whole amp argument being kind of silly in the context of Sonic not being far stronger than the other two.

Did anyone else hear Ian Flynn say that Archie Sonic is jack shit compared to Goku in the Bumblekast yesterday? It'll be seen as WoG by many,I'm certain. I'm pulling Death of The Author on that one.

Last edited:
Well,he does also think Vader beats Hulk at their peak too. I swear I'd pay the $100 for a guest to debate him on Goku vs Sonic. He probably wouldn't allow it though.

Writers usually aren’t operating under the same mindset as powerscalers (basing everything on feats) so if you asked them who’d win in a fight between characters from different franchises they’d go with the character they personally prefer or base their answer on how the character is depicted in their series or is widely perceived (i.e. “Saitama/Goku/Alien X are meant to be the strongest so they’d beat anyone”).

Back