• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShakeResounding said:
Good to have you back here, Violet.
When you think about it, Sonic has a few Tier 5 feats under his belt. The 5-B calc alongside Sonic fighting Chaos 1-4, harming Dark Gaia's eyes (weak spots shouldn't be so ridiculously weaker than him), fighting Emerl who absorbed energy and was going to destroy the planet, and Master Core.

That's a decent amount.
He fought Chaos 6 too!

UltimateFlare said:
"But it's an outlier because *insert either good or bad response* So no"
What good response is there to have? Not many people here are really as knowledgeable on Sonic like most others. Hell! Some regular members are just better than some few mods that I personally witness and that's sad LOL.

Just sayin: Sonic being able to even move inside Perfect Chaos when only his super form was able to so long ago would mean that if he were to fight Chaos 6 right now, he would/should/could legit blow the damn creature part easily. Y'know? Chaos 6? The one that has 6 emeralds that were enough to blow apart the moon? Yeah, that one.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Just sayin: Sonic being able to even move inside Perfect Chaos when only his super form was able to so long ago would mean that if he were to fight Chaos 6 right now, he would/should/could legit blow the damn creature part easily. Y'know? Chaos 6? The one that has 6 emeralds that were enough to blow apart the moon? Yeah, that one.
It did take time for Sonic to defeat Perfect Chaos canonically wise in Generations than he did in Adventure for Chaos 6.

Or we could go with the Sonic Forces quote where he said "I grow more powerful every second" and in Riders 1 Eggman admitted no matter how many times he researched Sonic, he always loses.

Nah man, the Eggrobo was an outlier. He had a battery charged by the planet, not the exterior gg. Ifrit was an outlier, it's never stated how long it took to burn his world, gg. Iblis is an outlier, same with Ifrit gg. Sonic doesn't have any City level feats, he's Large Building at best gg. He even struggles with Building levels threats like the Death Egg Robot therefore that would make him a higher end Small Building level, gg. Lilac would one shot him with her pinky toe, gg. Can't even catch Robotnik, gg.

Sonic is Small Building level w/superhuman speed. It's time for revisions.

@DaBoiWhoOwnsMods Funny thing is, some downplayer on DeviantArt legit tried to argue Sonic was multi-city block level and called any feat above that an outlier.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@DaBoiWhoOwnsMods Funny thing is, some downplayer on DeviantArt legit tried to argue Sonic was multi-city block level and called any feat above that an outlier.
Well, he's capable of hitting at Multi-City block levels of force, but to say he "caps" at that is just ludicrous

When you really think about it, a lot of Sonic's feats aren't really outliers as much as his best feats look to be him actually trying (i.e Emerl, anyone using a Chaos Emerald to their advantage against him, Imperator IX, Solaris, etc) or he's just gotten stronger than before (Perfect Chaos, Egg Dragoon, Silver, etc).

@DaBoi A few threads ago, I actually linked several moments in the franchise where Sonic or somebody else stated that he grew stronger.

ShakeResounding said:
@DaBoi A few threads ago, I actually linked several moments in the franchise where Sonic or somebody else stated that he grew stronger.
Didn't see the thread, but did read one of Maverick's blogs showing enemies claiming he's gotten stronger than before.

If Sonic was already calced to be at 9x FTL, shouldn't he logically be FTL+ if he was blitzed by Infinite then went toe-to-toe with him later?

Yeah, my blog is outdated for the most part. Not too terribly important though, since FTL Sonic isn't heavily contested (I think?).

I believe so, yeah.

@Cal The LSD is nothing but trouble. obviously it was only when Sonic was like MHS so logically Sonic is faster than it now

General Question: Who do you guys believe is a more fitting rival for Sonic? Shadow, Metal Sonic, Scourge, Turbo (Sonic the Comic), Knuckles, Jet or Big the Cat?

Personally, I say Knux b/c I love the whole "Speed v. Strength" concept. Like, they're just trying to one-up each other to prove which is more effective.

Big the Cat is the rival and superior to every Sonic character, owo.

To be honest, either Shadow or Knuckles would work with me. Knuckles because of what you said, and Shadow due to the concept that was kinda introduced in SA2 of a palette-swapped hedgehog who's somehow faster than Sonic, and I really dig that.

I've always seem Shadow as Sonic's iconic rival, but I do have to respect Knuckles for being Sonoc's OG rival to begin with. I like either tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back